The Sunflower Caper

stamperbrian

The Sunflower Caper

Post by stamperbrian »

Well I woke up this morning in November and thought there ain't gonna be nothin to do today. I grabbed a beer from the fridge and thought I might was well just enjoy the day. Then right before I cracked it I decided it can't hurt to check the contracts out there. When I tell you I thought I hit the lottery! 2 huge sunflower harvests and a huge cultivating gig. You bet I grabbed up all 3. Called up ole boss hoss AI and sent him down on that cultivating gig, even upgraded the cultivator for him first and didn't even try it out myself before letting him at it. I headed over and started in on the harvest on field 39 for Evelyn Carson. Sweet lady, was gonna ask her out once but chickened out. Delivered the first wagon to Johnson's, and continued before I realized, this is gonna be a LONG day, maybe I shoulda just cracked that beer. But, on I went. Now, I delivered everything to Johnson's and went to collect my ~$7k and sure enough it thinks I have 10% of the work left to do. Well stuff, happens all the time with contracts. I'll just finish up field 25 for ole Dave Ramsey lookin Isaac Ewing first, then cancel the contract on poor Evelyn. Well I get to Isaac's field and it says I'm 20% finished. I'm like, did I drink that beer? I haven't set foot in this field yet. Then it hit me. Johnson's made a mistake and gave some of Evelyn's grain to Isaac. So, I grab Boss Hoss Jr. AI to continue with Isaac's and I jump in the ole Lizard and head up to Johnson's, Wouldn't you know it no one around to help me at all. I don't want Evelyn mad at me. We might have a future together. Besides she owns a lotta ground. I swear I saw her on farmersonly.com the other day too. Anyway, I digress. I head home, finish off Isaac's, collect my money. Cancel the contract with poor Evelyn. Head over and relive ole boss hoss and finish up that cultivating gig. Collect my money and its like 11PM so I call it a day. I wake up, its Dec. and I check the contracts and Boom...ya'll Evelyn is M.A.D mad. I hit field 39 and she wants me to accept $29,626 in missing crops. I called her up and tried to explain that it all went to Johnson's but she wouldn't have any of it. So, there went my day. I got Boss Hoss and Boss Hoss Jr. out on a few contracts and I jumped back in the Lizard and headed into town to try to find a Lawyer to help me out. I turn around at the shop to head back home when I couldn't find one and I'm driving along and hear a horn blaring, I look in my mirror, you guessed it. Evelyn. She done try to run me right off the road into Michael Hammonds field. I almost hit that snowman beside his house but just stopped short. I look back and she's waving a gun out the window at me. I head for the field to check on Boss Hoss Jr. and take over for him. I get to the end of the field. I kid you not, Dogg the Bounty hunter sitin' there scoping me out. I finished up that field and hi-taled it home thinking my combine gonna have been repossessed. I decided to call it a day. I wake up, it's January, I step outside and someone TP'd all my equipment. I clean that all up. Grab a couple of cultivating contracts. Now, one of them is in field 36, right next to Evelyn's field 39. I start cultivating and I look over and had to rub my eyes. I'm telling you...the sunflowers...they are ALL there. Like I never even touched the field. I call up Boss Hoss and tell him to take over this tillage and I jump in the ole topliner and head out there. Sure enough, it won't let me combine it now. So here I sit. She's got some other contracts out there but I'm afraid to take them.

Anyone know how to fix this without me taking a $29,626 loss? Even if its to take the loss but cheat and credit myself back the $29,626 through some hack? I ain't poor but I'm just getting started and can't take a $29K loss :-P
Moral of the story, if you feel like a beer in the morning don't substitute it for a like of coke, just drink the beer.