Mod request - Better yarders

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Dafaq_man

Mod request - Better yarders

Post by Dafaq_man »

So, I have 0 modding experience in FS22 and I was looking for someone that would be interested in an idea that may or may not be possible.

It makes sense to me that when using a yarder to move logs, you can use the yarder's lifting power to lift logs, but for some reason, a log attached to a yarder cannot be lifted because it's too heavy. Would it be possible to make any log attached to a yarder liftable by hand without having to use other mods like "Super strength".

Basically, a log attached with a yarder cable would be liftable by hand, but then when you unhook it, it's not liftable anymore.
luckylogger

Re: Mod request - Better yarders

Post by luckylogger »

Would make a lot more sense to just have a stronger yarder. This has been a project of mine lately and I can't get figure out what I need to edit to stop breaking chokers. The yarder itself is entirely different and is a full sized unit like the ones here on the west coast of Canada, but as someone who works with these machines it's getting frustrating that I can make it behave like it should in real life, but can't make the choker cables stop breaking on anything heavy. There has to be some sort of way around this.
Twisted1851

Post by Twisted1851 »

Any progress on this? Would love to see a super up yarder.
spidermurph

Post by spidermurph »

This would be great. The yarders in the game are very weak. I tried the John Deere Grapple Yarder Mod. But sadly it doesn't work for me.
spidermurph

Post by spidermurph »

luckylogger wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:40 am Would make a lot more sense to just have a stronger yarder. This has been a project of mine lately and I can't get figure out what I need to edit to stop breaking chokers. The yarder itself is entirely different and is a full sized unit like the ones here on the west coast of Canada, but as someone who works with these machines it's getting frustrating that I can make it behave like it should in real life, but can't make the choker cables stop breaking on anything heavy. There has to be some sort of way around this.
Hi LuckyLogger

Have you had any progress with this? Would love to see your finished mod.