A PSA for everyone after previewing the Goweil DLC Pack today

cwattyeso

A PSA for everyone after previewing the Goweil DLC Pack today

Post by cwattyeso »

So I got to play around with the new DLC Pack today and just wanted to give everyone here on the forums and the community a bit of a heads up based on my findings.

As it often the case when Giants introduce New DLC with new functionality it can cause some issues in relation to Mods and as we’ve seen in the past can create some mod conflicts that will require Authors to resolve and then submit updates for.

I did encounter some issues with Mod Maps where I lost the ability to be able to purchase or buy land after activating the DLC. This was not an issue on Giants own maps. So Map Authors may need to have a look at their maps after Tuesday and see if they have issues.

I also encountered an issue where balers would not pickup any material and the two new static balers in the pack would not produce bales despite their chambers being full of chaff. After disabling the few mods I was running and only leaving the Official DLCs active, this issue was resolved and all balers functioned correctly again. So I’m going to assume some of our most loved and highly downloaded mods that we can’t play without, especially those of a script nature are probably causing a conflict with the new DLC and will once again require Authors to update mods and submit those to the ModHub for testing and updating.

I just wanted to put this out there, because I’ve not seen anyone else commenting on any issues in their previews of the new DLC and I didn’t want to see forums, discords or other social media pages getting filled on Tuesday with people shouting that things aren’t working. Nor do I want to see Mod Authors and Mod Makers getting shouted at because their mods need updating. I’m sure the Mod Makers as always will be on it pretty quickly and everyone will just need a bit of patience until updates roll out.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Decriptus

Re: A PSA for everyone after previewing the Goweil DLC Pack today

Post by Decriptus »

Great post, as I've noticed with "first look" videos the content creators don't normally have other mods installed on their test maps except the ones they're testing so they work fine. Not sure if this is by giants request to sell more product or the creators just simply having a blank test maps.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Well I thought I'd be the different kind of content creator that uses some of the recently released maps and mods and do a more practical real world test to see if there were any issues or any problems when adding the new DLC to the game, and now I know why other content creators always do their "First Looks" on the Elm Creek Map with no other mods installed.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Maybe they should give the dlc or make more information known about it to modhub modders rather than youtubers so the game isn’t unplayable with modded content for two weeks after every release.
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

UncleRico wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:39 am Maybe they should give the dlc or make more information known about it to modhub modders rather than youtubers so the game isn’t unplayable with modded content for two weeks after every release.
*thumbsup*
*thumbsup*
*thumbsup*
*thumbsup*
*thumbsup*

Only problem is, that requires Giants admitting they move the coding requirements with each DLC, update, or patch ... and history has shown that they never admit or believe they have done something that causes problems for others who are actually supporting them (which includes paying customers).
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It's a preview and they only review it after the dlc is out
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Me and a friend discussed the other day how this game can be a "chore" sometimes. With all the quirks and issues that come and go until Giants moves on to the next version. If you play and follow long enough you you learn to " accept" the issues. But you have to really want to play this game. I think the only thing that keeps him sane and playing is that I fill him in on what's being said in here or online about issues and future mods/dlcs. I do the same helping my dad out on new features and issues. I guess what I'm trying to say is Giants needs to start realizing that this game isn't casual player friendly sometimes.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

eric21 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:19 pm It's a preview and they only review it after the dlc is out
I’m not sure I follow, the whole point of this thread is someone doing a preview found issues with the dlc and some popular mods.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

WHat I follow is what I've said before - I will not be buying any DLCs until GIants stops giving it out for free to every Tom Dick and Harry that streams on Youtube/twitch/facebook that has more than 2 followers.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

UncleRico wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:02 pm
eric21 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:19 pm It's a preview and they only review it after the dlc is out
I’m not sure I follow, the whole point of this thread is someone doing a preview found issues with the dlc and some popular mods.
Theres an embargo, like how film critics before the film is out, they'll post a brief preview of it with no spoilers. Then when the film comes out, they post the full review
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

eric21 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:15 pm
Theres an embargo, like how film critics before the film is out, they'll post a brief preview of it with no spoilers. Then when the film comes out, they post the full review
Yes but I’m still not sure what that has to do with anything
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

The only Embargo I have been given by Giants is not to release any content or discuss anything they have communicated to me, until after a certain date and time. So for example all the Friday Fact Sheet stuff they have been releasing over the last few weeks, they were sending that to me each week around Wednesday saying I could use it to make content, but I couldn't tell anyone or release content until after the time they published the content here on their site. In the case of the Goweil DLC, I'm pretty sure I got the same info as other Partners and that was we couldn't discuss or show anything until after 10am CET Yesterday. After that we could say anything we wanted, could release videos or do live streams. I chose to do a Live Stream and spent 3 hours covering the DLC, the first hour was pretty much encountering all the bugs and issues due to maps and mods.

As far as WiseGuy49's comment above, he's obviously not very wise or he would know that Giants don't hand out preview copies of the game or dlc to people based on follower count. In fact Follower Count means very little to Giants. What matters is what tier of Partner (Gold, Silver, Bronze etc) you are within the Giants Partner Program. I learnt this back in November 2021, when I asked why I had not received early access to Farming Simulator 22, like other creators and the response I got from the Community Team at the time was I was just outside the criteria needed to be automatically promoted from my Silver tier at the time to the Gold Tier.

Also I buy the Game and the Season Pass on Steam each year, as well as purchase the Physical Collector Editions. Giants never give away Steam Keys of the game, and I prefer to only play games installed and updated through Steam, so I've always had to pay out of my own pocket for the game. I've also bought many keys over the last two years through Giants Website out of my own pocket, that I have then given away for free to followers and viewers. So I will not feel guilty that the first time Giants have ever sent me a code (For something I've already paid for via the Season Pass) and asked me to make content with it and I've done just that.

wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:15 am What matters is what tier of Partner (Gold, Silver, Bronze etc) you are within the Giants Partner Program.
Actually that is not the case. That's what they are saying and telling you, but not what they are doing. I can give you two examples of people who got it that are NOT even bronze partners.