Texture Streaming Bug - Fixed on my end

Zoraone

Texture Streaming Bug - Fixed on my end

Post by Zoraone »

I recently posted in the technical section about a problem I was experiencing with textures.

Just as information, the computer is a new Mac Studio Max with the base configuration (32 Gigs or RAM, 24 core GPU).

Overall performance was excellent. In very high and high 1920x1080 I'm seeing between approximately 110 Fps when unlocked.

The problem was in how grass, plants and other details would shift in and out of focus. You could literally see the grass shifting from high quality to low quality.

After testing a number of things I determined it was a Texture Streaming issue and I used the console commands to change the behavior.

Default Texture Streaming is set as "ratio" but didn't provide any options for additional values. I was eventually able to change the values to the following:

1. ratio
2. min
3. max

Setting the (setTextureStreamingBehavior) to the min value solved my problems. About 3 seconds after entering the command you can see everything snap back into focus.

Performance is still excellent.

Hope this helps anyone experiencing problems.

Zoraone
Birdseed_1998

Re: Texture Streaming Bug - Fixed on my end

Post by Birdseed_1998 »

What command did you use to change the value? I cannot seem to figure that part out. Thanks in advance!
Guil

Post by Guil »

Birdseed_1998 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:57 pm What command did you use to change the value? I cannot seem to figure that part out. Thanks in advance!
It's in brackets above. Open the console and type setT and press tab and it will fill the command. Type 2 and press enter
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

I've come to this topic from my topic about my graphics issues

I have no idea how to implement this! I'm OK making changes within FS, and happy enough to do the same with XML files, but guessing neither are relevant here?
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

Found it! Trying it now!
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net