Plow and cultivarted stubble textures

cwattyeso

Re: 1.9 update question

Post by cwattyeso »

Having done some testing myself, the only place I can get the original ploughed texture to appear is when I create a field on land that has never had a field on it. Anytime I try ploughing any other field, the texture just stays as the crops harvested texture or becomes that weird muddy stubble texture. Really make it very difficult to see and tell where you have ploughed and where you haven't.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Only plowed a couple of fields right after the update, and haven't plowed since. 3 or 4 medium sized fields, and I only had maybe 5 small 1x1 m places that had the yellow texture. My first thought was that I was so lucky because I had fertilized and mulched before. But now I just think that the errors are top random - like half the stuff that people complaint about in here.

Damn I have had many afternoons/evenings where I have opened this forum, reading a couple of topics and then been afraid to start the game, because people can tell the wildest stories in here - but then I start the game and oh... Intro video, "yes yes move on" - main menu, "got to check mods, any updates? One, and a couple of new mods I want to download and try." Back to main menu, go career, pick the map of choise (Griffin at the moment), double click the "all mods" and start. A couple of minutes later i press start and the game is on, plays oh so sweet, as it always does :mrgreen:

Happy farming from here!!
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Noraf wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:51 pm Personally i wouldn't mind if that remains so though
I'd also like that to be the case.
Boots

Re: Plow and cultivarted stubble textures

Post by Boots »

Well I started this topic and after playing about with various things and I have came to the conclusion that I like it.
For me it seems to make it more realistic.
Before plowing you would treat the ground with whatever, leave it for a time and then plow it in.

Yes - I like it
Well done Giants - keep up the great job
NewHollandEr

Post by NewHollandEr »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:03 am
Noraf wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:51 pm Personally i wouldn't mind if that remains so though
I'd also like that to be the case.
Boots wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:07 pm Well I started this topic and after playing about with various things and I have came to the conclusion that I like it.
For me it seems to make it more realistic.
Before plowing you would treat the ground with whatever, leave it for a time and then plow it in.

Yes - I like it
Well done Giants - keep up the great job
I totally disagree with you...sorry.

This is my contribution to help ID the solution: plowing after mulched and sprayed a layer of lime. It looks very unrealistic...when you plow nothing should remain on the surface.

I look forward to have that fixed as soon as possible.

Greetings to all.
Last edited by NewHollandEr on Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

^^ Interestingly, I've just done a test (on console, so remembering to quit afterwards and not save!) on all the crops I have currently growing and they are all giving the original ploughed texture!

None of them had reached the harvestable stage mind, so this may have made a difference?
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

After harvesting and not swathing I think it kind of looks better and makes sense. But seeing some of the other posts I don't think this is an intentional feature lol. I'm definitely curious if they tried adding something and things went haywire or how this happened
DracoDacicus

Post by DracoDacicus »

NewHollandEr wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:45 pm
This is my contribution to help ID the solution: plowing after mulched and sprayed a layer of lime. It looks very unrealistic...when you plow nothing should remain on the surface.

I look forward to have that fixed as soon as possible.

Greetings to all.
just throw some fertilizer (i did solid one, others use manure) on the field before plowing and you will get the normal plowed field texture
Atledreier

Post by Atledreier »

Plowing at least changes the appearance of the land a tiny bit. Subsoiling leave the ground unchanged, I had to check the map to see where I'd gone over and where I hadn't.
Fatlightning

Post by Fatlightning »

I was having problems with cultivating missions on umrv after update with ground textures not changing or showing any progress, removing the enhanced crop destruction mod fixed the texture changing issues for me. I haven't done anything other the cultivating though.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Fatlightning wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:03 am I was having problems with cultivating missions on umrv after update with ground textures not changing or showing any progress, removing the enhanced crop destruction mod fixed the texture changing issues for me. I haven't done anything other the cultivating though.
Yes, I have found the same, it is the enhanced crop destruction mod that is at fault. As soon as I took the mod out things went back to normal for me, Like you, I haven't tested all the rest yet but at least it's a step in the right direction. The enhanced crop destruction mod is definitely one to look into.
NewHollandEr

Post by NewHollandEr »

DracoDacicus wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:09 pm just throw some fertilizer (i did solid one, others use manure) on the field before plowing and you will get the normal plowed field texture
I would like to get the normal plowed field texture in every condition, like it was before the Update installation. Throwing fertilizers is not a solution in my opinion.

Furthermore I think that the enhanced crop destruction mod is a contributing cause and not the only one. I get the bug without having that mod.

Cheers. :smileynew:
Schleicher

Post by Schleicher »

if this is suppose to be a vanilla bug with 1.9 why i dont have any of these "Issues" ??
it should effect everyone the same way regardless and yet plowed looks plowed like its should be to me no matter what had been harvested on this field ...
NewHollandEr

Post by NewHollandEr »

I really don't know Schleicher.
Is there any way to uninstall and reinstall the latest update? According to what you said, I would try that to fix the problem.

Cheers. :smileynew:
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

I have new information pertaining to this bug which was never mentioned. It turns out that if you create a new field, you can lime it and still not see this issue if you plow it. I just tested this on the Griffin Indiana map so it appears this bug is only found on pre-made fields.