Faulty shutdown

gvviking

Faulty shutdown

Post by gvviking »

Hi

After latest update, my FS22 will not shut down correctly.
I save and quit. Here I am send to desktop. Not coming to game menu as normal.

Happy farming.
Mesocyclone

Re: Faulty shutdown

Post by Mesocyclone »

I had this issue as well, i can say it's a mod conflict. Since I've been playing on a new save with less mods I didn't have the issue anymore.

I don't know which mod is causing it, but it's definitely one of them. Try to look at the mods you installed when the issue started to happen, I had this 3 weeks before the update so the update isn't the issue.

You might find some info in your log after the game did shut down to desktop.
gvviking

Post by gvviking »

Mesocyclone wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:35 am I had this issue as well, i can say it's a mod conflict. Since I've been playing on a new save with less mods I didn't have the issue anymore.

I don't know which mod is causing it, but it's definitely one of them. Try to look at the mods you installed when the issue started to happen, I had this 3 weeks before the update so the update isn't the issue.

You might find some info in your log after the game did shut down to desktop.
It might be a mod that don't like the new update. It came when the new update was installed.
I think I remember there have been a similar problem before and Giants came with a fix. But since nobody else have this issue, I also think it's a mod.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

A version of Terra Farm was doing this at one point. I’m not using it on this play through and the issue has returned for me after the latest update as well. If anyone narrows it down I’d be interested to know.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

I had it before the update as well. I'm not saying the update is not causing it, as we are well aware the update is giving some issues at this moment.

I don't know which mod is causing it unfortunately.

You guys can't find anything in the log after a shutdown?
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

I have had this happen to me for a long time. Sometimes it does it 10 times in a row, then it shuts down normal for a couple of months, and then it maybe does it a couple of times again..
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick