FS22 force feedback

Gut2000

FS22 force feedback

Post by Gut2000 »

First of all, new to the game. And i love it.
Now, i have an issue about force feedback for my steering wheel.
I play games like snowrunner and some racing simulators and force feedback gives a great extra dimension to these games.
The steering wheel works with fs22 but it only re-centers.
Is there a way to activate real force feedback a little like in snowrunner? It would be more immersive if you feel the terain feedback from dirt, Rocks or mud in my opinion.
Burekcina

Re: FS22 force feedback

Post by Burekcina »

Sadly no real force feedback exists in FS. All you can enable is centering. Hope this gets improved in the future. It is 15 years behind other simulators in this area..
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

You don't really get that on newer tractors though
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
nuggetz

Post by nuggetz »

Would be nice to feel the bumps at least. Went thru all the trouble trying to figure out what's going on with my wheel and having no FFB in game and found this thread. I guess it doesn't exist. Makes sense and explains just the single option in game that only controls the feedback which to me doesn't even exist. Why have that setting? Could dial in some unrealistic damper and spring with the control panel.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

at the end of the day IRL most equipment depicted in-game has hydrostatic steering, meaning the driver is isolated from most of the forces you would feel with traditional direct-link mechanical steering regardless of if power assisted or not.

it is only the cars and trucks in-game, some of the vintage\old tractors that have conventional steering.

you are best off turning FFB in-game, then firing up your wheels application and manually change the values for cantering, so there is modest wheel centring, you may also be able to do it via running joy.cpl which is part of windows and list all the game controllers
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

The force feedback is used to somehow simulate a realistic behavior of a modern tractor by tuning the centering force based on the speed you're traveling. When you are at a standstill, the wheel does not center automatically which would not work without FFB.
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

I'd reckon giants would have to implement ground shaping that would bounce your steer wheels around and have a line up of old equipment with manual or assisted steering first before force feed back would be wothwhile. Also towards the mid and late game it's moot point because just about everything since 2000 has hydrostatic steering.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

Stegei wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:46 am The force feedback is used to somehow simulate a realistic behavior of a modern tractor by tuning the centering force based on the speed you're traveling. When you are at a standstill, the wheel does not center automatically which would not work without FFB.
But this is just the issue, this does not happen. In order for most of us to even use a FFB device, we have to enable "Centering spring in non FFB game" in LG HUB to even allow the wheel to travel. Otherwise the wheel is just incredibly diffcult to turn. To my knoweldge no-one with a TM or LG wheel has FFB working with the exception of centering which is being done by TM/LG software, not Farming Sim.

Just google search "F22 force feedback", pages and pages of it not working, and the "fix" in all these posts and videos is to either disable FFB in the FS menu or enable centering spring for non-FFB game in TM/LG control panel.
SavageCDN

Post by SavageCDN »

Vanguard wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:57 am ...To my knoweldge no-one with a TM or LG wheel has FFB working with the exception of centering which is being done by TM/LG software, not Farming Sim.
As an LG wheel owner I can confirm. No FFB just centering spring, configured though the older LGS software (GHub is garbage!!).
PC Player - CoursePlay addict