Would like some help to edit 2 mods

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
-gemma-1990-

Would like some help to edit 2 mods

Post by -gemma-1990- »

So i am ok with making very simple edits to mods - think opening up a baler or trailer and editing the capacity or adding/removing filltypes, or opening up a mod maps' i3d file to remove/move around bushes/trees etc but thats as far as it goes for me really.

I am looking to edit the Bomech Trac-Pack from the Bomech pack mod - it seems really heavy when attached to a tanker as when using in-game my tractor is all over the place, compared to having any other bit of machinery on the back.

Also looking to edit the Kane 16T trailer from the Kane halfpipe pack - it has a double axle and either the rear one or both of them steer, and i don't want that. I want it locked. I have a trailer axle lock mod but it doesn't seem to work on this particular trailer.

So what do i need to do to get these mods functioning how i want them to?

Thank you in advance!
Dogface

Re: Would like some help to edit 2 mods

Post by Dogface »

Have you tried changing "mass", for the one you think might be too heavy?

Code: Select all

<base>
  <components>
    <component centerOfMass="0 0.9 0.4" solverIterationCount="10" mass="7000" />
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Dogface wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:22 pm Have you tried changing "mass", for the one you think might be too heavy?

Code: Select all

<base>
  <components>
    <component centerOfMass="0 0.9 0.4" solverIterationCount="10" mass="7000" />

I made some changes to a weight once and if my tractor went over a bump/heap the tractor and all attachments would go through the ground and freefall for ever. Are there some thought we need to put into making edits to the mass number?
anthu

Post by anthu »

Have you tried to change
mass="7000"
To
mass="6000"
Or lower?
Lg
Andreas