Blue screen

Mesocyclone

Re: Blue screen

Post by Mesocyclone »

UncleRico wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:08 pm That’s not the point, it’s so you can quickly check the list after a new update and find any issues. That way you can choose not to update or remove the mods causing the issue. It’s for the individual user.
Ah alright, i misunderstood you then, my bad.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Mesocyclone wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:59 pm
Ah alright, i misunderstood you then, my bad.
No biggy, I didn’t really explain it all that well. I just find it interesting how this community is rather large as far as small games go but how difficult it is to find information. Other games with much smaller audiences have wikis and the whole nine yards and this one has next to nothing that I’m aware of. You can find out that they changed the vomit colors on some obscure zombie games enemy character for one week around Valentine’s Day 2017 but farm sim you can barely find patch notes from one update ago haha.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:35 pm
Jimbob0704 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:17 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:28 pm With the amount of mods out there it's little wonder that issues arise after an update, if said update fixes things or brings new functionality to the basegame then I'm ok with waiting for mods to get updated.
You ever try getting an update through testing? It’s as hard as originally getting your map passed as they fail it for silly things that it has already been passed on and has included in the modhub, 5 times I tried to get a small update with 2 gate collisions and a few feed triggers widened and failed every time, so I’ve gave up trying and just concentrated on my new map instead
I'm not criticising modders my point was if the game needs an update to improve its functionality then that should be the priority. If modders choose to update then that's great if not it's entirely up to them.
Yeah I know you weren’t criticising modders mate, I was just trying to explain about how difficult it is to get a simple straightforward update through the testing system, failing a update because certain files aren’t labelled correctly or whatever is just making us jump through hoops because let’s face it, the files in question has absolutely no bearing on the mod whatsoever or else I wouldn’t be sitting here playing my map on Xbox while writing this even though it contains those not correctly labeled files plus they already passed those files
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw