Transfer Save Game Data

FarmCatJenkins

Transfer Save Game Data

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Hey everyone.
I made some terrain modifications in GE to a map I’ve been playing on and I wasn’t aware that the terrain will not update on a current save game. If I load the edited map on a new save game slot, is there a way to transfer my progress (equipment, money, month, field data, animals) to that new slot?
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
blue_painted

Re: Transfer Save Game Data

Post by blue_painted »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:34 pm Hey everyone.
I made some terrain modifications in GE to a map I’ve been playing on and I wasn’t aware that the terrain will not update on a current save game. If I load the edited map on a new save game slot, is there a way to transfer my progress (equipment, money, month, field data, animals) to that new slot?
The vehicles, animals etc. are easy to transfer, that's just copying the XML files. The crops and ground modification's are not so easy, but have a look at this thread -- sablerock's software could probably do it.

Edit: I forgot to post the link, but that's been put right below! :blushnew:
Last edited by blue_painted on Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:20 pm but have a look at this thread -- sablerock's software could probably do it.
I will add the link to the thread for you 😜😉
He is talking about the last reply in this topic:
viewtopic.php?p=1563702#p1563702
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Thanks. I got it figured out for the most part. The only thing I had to do was re modify the terrain I messed with in game, which wasn’t much, and repaint my paths. I only have five fields so I went in and reset them via Easy Dev.

On the plus side the NPCs gave me a lot of Oats to harvest come August!
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins