help me kill this zombie

RacingRaffie13

help me kill this zombie

Post by RacingRaffie13 »

i used steam to download, somthing went wrong. you can read my original request on the steam discussion panel of farming sim 2019 under the name of frick.

so this zombie file is stuck. cant close, tried to terminate with command, access denied. tried to delete files... didnt work. tried cmd. still access denied. i tried restarting over and over, but nothing has worked so far. i just need the game to get out of the constant state of starting up. it is trying but cant because probably something went wrong during installation.
later i found out about task cmd: taskkill /f.. it force stops an application and it really made me worry. i checked task mgr if it was still there and i ran in cmd: taskkill /f /im farmingsimulator2019game.exe (thats the name of the game file that messes up.) the feedback i got: could not be terminated. reason: not active... task mgr said it was... and it still is... i have a photo if you need me on discord tell me id love to get this off of my laptop...
then i did something else, after plan z i went over to plan AA, i opened task manager as admin, tried to close the program via my memory and cpu... even tho i could for example get rid of steam, i couldnt stop the zombie game from existing.
when i was done with all of the above i decided to do things diffrently. so i downloaded from a diffrent laptop and restored as much game files as i could, i used onedrive but some files didnt upload so i stuck to using a zip map and then onedrive to up and download. this took by far the longest, i have waited for 4 hours in total for the game to install, be compressed into zip file, upload and... it didnt work. whaddaya expect. otherwise i wouldnt have posted this anyways. at this point i allso tried some other minor things like using a friend's epic to fix it, but epic has other game files so im not messin with those.

i am absolutely done dealing with this and im just plain asking for assistance of cleaning up this laptop. i do not really want to do a fac reset because my school is having problems getting new lisences for the products wich i need to use, and i do not want to use my way to crappy school laptop for school. if i HAVE to then there is no other option but pl send help
loki_79

Re: help me kill this zombie

Post by loki_79 »

Sounds really weird. Have you tried booting Windows into safe mode?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... e5e56fe234
RacingRaffie13

Post by RacingRaffie13 »

i have tried but didnt work. i even needed a boot code from school kek. but i did make a seperate account on the laptop, like diffrent user (still amin ofc). whilst using the same folder i can at least play my game via there, but this problem is still not solved. on my main user it still says that the game is playing rn, wich isnt true. i allso found out that the timer of hours played in my steam kept on going, so that is allso gonna be a oof thing to see after a while.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Please post your log file.
A how to is in my signature.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
RacingRaffie13

Post by RacingRaffie13 »

im playing on laptop windows 10 (some things are restricted due to it beiing a school laptop but i can figure my way around them)
its a dell precision 3561, and it runs on an intel i5-11400H @ 2.70GHz
it has 32gb RAM
only ssd
and a NVIDIA T600 Laptop gpu

for the log file part, it doesnt seem to be there, it should be at the mygames folder wich i have, and even tho there do seem to be remnants of dcs and wolfenstein... there is no farming sim 19 to be found. or any of the other farming sim games (i have got 14 and 16 from the microsoft store).

in the mean time i allso did a system check in the cmd prompt. i used: "sfc /scannow", and it did manage to solve the problem... kinda. some windows files where corrupted and instantly replaced, and the game seemed playable. i managed to connect to the servers and even connect with a friend. i did not have any time however so i tried to close it and it crashed. now i am stuck over here again.

i did manage to uninstall the game by making an alternate user and deleting the game using steam. yea the crazy part is that steam sees it diffrently form another user, even tho it has admin and all other rights, i dont know if it should be able to see if the game is running on that laptop or not. but yea i deleted it and it is still running. i have no clue why steam even thinks it is gone.on my main user it even says install. i tried to install in the hope of restoring the old game files but it gets stuck at 100%. i might be able to install it on my non main user acount, but it wont accomplish anything because i still cant launch it.
RacingRaffie13

Post by RacingRaffie13 »

another small update... i just found out that if i try to run the game from the game files (wich i by now can allmost find blindfolded) it says that there are problems with the dataS2.gar . i remember from when i deleted all of the files that there where no problems deleting it. but now there ARE problems. i have no clue how to restore it and i dont think i can delete any other things. this zombie keeps on going even if evey limb is cut off...
Eische

Post by Eische »

Hmm, ok.
There might be things in place to prevent certain programs to run/install properly since it is a school laptop.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker