Map identity?

Earnest Pea

Map identity?

Post by Earnest Pea »

While looking through todays mods I noticed something interesting that I can't identify. The mod 'Pick Your Starting Farm' has an image of a map which I haven't seen. The best I can determine is that its a UK map based in Lincolnshire. Does anyone know this map and where to find it?
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Mesocyclone

Re: Map identity?

Post by Mesocyclone »

Earnest Pea wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:24 pm While looking through todays mods I noticed something interesting that I can't identify. The mod 'Pick Your Starting Farm' has an image of a map which I haven't seen. The best I can determine is that its a UK map based in Lincolnshire. Does anyone know this map and where to find it?
I searched his name on YT, found this video from couple months ago, look like the map you are looking for, it's called: Fen Edge and it's a work in progress i believe: https://youtu.be/RZgpeLA3ayM
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

Thanks a ton! I'll check it out. It looks like it could be an interesting map from an area of the UK that hasn't seen any maps in 22.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
ReddogSoW

Post by ReddogSoW »

Hiya! Yep, the screenshots are of an upcoming map I'm working on, which hopefully will go into closed beta testing in a couple of weeks time. I had to get the Pick your starting farm mod released beforehand, otherwise the map itself wouldn't work!
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

Looks like a great map. I'll definitely be playing it when it arrives. Out of curiousity, is 'Pick Your Starting Farm' a required mod, or can it be played without?
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
ReddogSoW

Post by ReddogSoW »

Earnest Pea wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:48 pm Looks like a great map. I'll definitely be playing it when it arrives. Out of curiousity, is 'Pick Your Starting Farm' a required mod, or can it be played without?
It will be able to be played without it if you want to (and of course to make it MP Compatible), but it's been designed from the outset to use that functionality for single player mode. There are currently 10 different starting "positions", 9 farms and a start from scratch mode. Each of the farms will have a different vehicle set which you'll start with regardless of difficulty level chosen (Sadly I can't change that menu as it's part of the base game before any mods are loaded), but each farm and difficulty level will have a different starting amount of cash (including negative balances!)

What the "default" or non Pick Your Starting Farm experience will be still needs to be decided. I might make that a vote amongst the testers as to which farm they feel makes the best New Farmer starting point.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

So the functionality is far more than just choosing where you want to start. Really cool! As a further question, if you start with the 'Pick Your Starting Farm' mod, can the mod be removed once the save has been started? I'm thinking that you could save and exit, remove it from the active mods on the next reload, and then delete the mod afterwards. Would that work, or is the mod required for continued play?
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
ReddogSoW

Post by ReddogSoW »

Once you have a save game, the mod is irrelevant and doesn't continue to run. I'm not sure what you'd gain by removing it from the active mods since it basically auto stops itself anyway, but that would need to be tested I guess.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

This was mostly curiousity. Thanks for answering. Looking forward to playing the map.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Earnest Pea wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:21 pm This was mostly curiousity. Thanks for answering. Looking forward to playing the map.
Well, I did. However, I managed not to register the paragraph I’m sure you are referencing. Not be quite so sarcastic because of a mistake, maybe, unless, of course, you’ve never missed something. Thank you for pointing that out, though. I’m happy to know that.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:43 pm
Earnest Pea wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:21 pm This was mostly curiousity. Thanks for answering. Looking forward to playing the map.
Well, I did. However, I managed not to register the paragraph I’m sure you are referencing. Not be quite so sarcastic because of a mistake, maybe, unless, of course, you’ve never missed something. Thank you for pointing that out, though. I’m happy to know that.
What???
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:43 pm Well, I did. However, I managed not to register the paragraph I’m sure you are referencing. Not be quite so sarcastic because of a mistake, maybe, unless, of course, you’ve never missed something. Thank you for pointing that out, though. I’m happy to know that.
I'll admit that I find your reply confusing. I asked what I felt was a legitimate question, purely out of curiousity. The creator of the mod said he wasn't sure, as he had never tested that functionality. I thanked him for responding. There was no sarcasm and none was intended.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Earnest Pea wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:58 pm
SimulatedFarmer wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:43 pm Well, I did. However, I managed not to register the paragraph I’m sure you are referencing. Not be quite so sarcastic because of a mistake, maybe, unless, of course, you’ve never missed something. Thank you for pointing that out, though. I’m happy to know that.
I'll admit that I find your reply confusing. I asked what I felt was a legitimate question, purely out of curiousity. The creator of the mod said he wasn't sure, as he had never tested that functionality. I thanked him for responding. There was no sarcasm and none was intended.
I think SimulatedFarmer meant to reply to this thread ...
viewtopic.php?t=198971
... but the reply landed up in here instead.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I'd fully agree, except that they quoted my message. I'm not upset, though, just slightly confused.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:43 pm
You’re drunk SimulatedFarmer, go home. Haha