Saving

M_D_F

Saving

Post by M_D_F »

Hi, I am a new player. I walked to the equipment shop. Saved the game and quit. When I reloaded the saved game I was back at the starting point on the farm and had to walk there again. Is that right or is it not saving properly?
Drmattymd

Re: Saving

Post by Drmattymd »

Thats right. It reloads at your spawn point which is usually whereever the sleep trigger is on your farm ( I think). If you are on pc I think there is a mod that lets it load where you saved
Playing on PC and PS4
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

If you feel a little lazy, then go to the map, click on the shop icon an press "visit" :hi:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
M_D_F

Post by M_D_F »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am getting to know the game now. Good fun ahead I think.

I have one other question though. I am trying to delete a joystick assignment for the command "open menu" which has been automatically assigned. The options menu says this action can't be assigned to a joystick/ gamepad button but seems to have assigned one by default anyway which I can't remove. How do I delete this assignment, I want to use the button (thrustmaster gear lever) for something useful and if I try to delete it offers to set everything to default, which I obviously do not want to do.

I have temporarily solved the issue by deleting the file 'input binding.xml' and then plugging in a gamepad I will never use before running the game with my wheel, pedal and gear lever unplugged. It then creates a new input binding.xml file and assigns the "open menu" command to one of the buttons on this gamepad. I then save game settings, remove the gamepad and boot with the actual joysticks, wheel, pedals and gear lever I am going to use to play. The command "open menu" stays permanently bound to a button on the gamepad that will never actually be plugged in and used. This workaround is working so far but is there a proper fix, like editing a config file to remove the assignment which I assume is a software bug?

Regards

Mike
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

M_D_F wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:47 pm Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I am getting to know the game now. Good fun ahead I think.

Regards

Mike
Hi Mike, this is not related to this topic, but first welcome to the game.
I wanted to share the tutorial section with you where you can find a lot of info about the game and how stuff works.
You can find it in the game as well in the menu, but here is the online version: https://www.farming-simulator.com/newsA ... ews_id=280

Happy Farming :hi:

Regards,

Mike (also :P)