Massive losses with belt system

razrbx

Massive losses with belt system

Post by razrbx »

I’m playing the Green River map on Xbox series x and using the belt system to move silage from the bunker to the BGA. The silage bunker seemed to be disappearing faster than I thought it should. BGA seemed to be running properly, so I thought it might be the belt system. I ran the following experiment. Deactivated the BGA, made sure the belts were empty, then used the belts to refill the BGA. Initial numbers were BGA 169,689+silage bunker 1,450,698=1,620,387 total available. Filled the BGA to capacity and got the following numbers. BGA 305,425+SL 8022 1,200+TC816 1,200+S710 207,783+Bunker 1,047,097=1,562,655, a loss of 57,732. My initial thought was this can’t be right so I did it three more times losing anywhere from 55 to 69k. The only variable is where I placed the 710. It would lose reach into the bunker before the BGA was full. I then thought perhaps numbers on the belt system are incorrect and the missing liters were hiding on the belt, so I moved the belts where it couldn’t reach the BGA or the bunker, activated the BGA, time scaled to 360 and emptied the BGA, then deactivated the BGA. The belts were reporting 1,200, 1,200, and 148,247 for 150,647 in the last test. I moved the belt system where it could feed the BGA, but not pull from the bunker. The BGA had 150,647 when the belts ran out. The liters were in fact missing. This was happening to one level or another every time I went to refill the BGA.
Steel_Horse

Re: Massive losses with belt system

Post by Steel_Horse »

I am having some similiar issues with belts, bunkers and levellers Significant (tens of thousands of litres) of chaff and silage are disappearing. I am in the process of conducting some more rigorous tests to get to the cause but so far cannot pinpoint the specific issue(s). What I can see is that some of the modded (I only use modhub) belts have pickup areas that extend outside the bunker. This contributes to unexpected results. Some have actually multiple pickup areas defined and it seems if they grab a small amount of chaff in one, they can throw away any silage they might hold.
You might notice that some levellers and buckets in the bunker seem to pick up more than the capacity of the bucket. You see it when you back out and an apparently full bucket drops a further surplus portion at the exit of the bunker. If something changes while they have that ëxtra" product on board it just vanishes. I put a leveller on courseplay in my bunker and watched while it disappeared 100k of chaff. I repeated the experiement driving the leveler myself on only lost 1K. Bottom line something is not right but I cant be certain what it is yet.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

There is already a topic on this:
viewtopic.php?t=198754

Also I believe the belt systems are meant to be used for root crops.
We had this issue as well, now we load trailers with a wheel loader or a telehandler.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Steel_Horse wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:42 am You might notice that some levellers and buckets in the bunker seem to pick up more than the capacity of the bucket. You see it when you back out and an apparently full bucket drops a further surplus portion at the exit of the bunker. If something changes while they have that ëxtra" product on board it just vanishes. I put a leveller on courseplay in my bunker and watched while it disappeared 100k of chaff. I repeated the experiement driving the leveler myself on only lost 1K. Bottom line something is not right but I cant be certain what it is yet.
razrbx wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:33 am The liters were in fact missing. This was happening to one level or another every time I went to refill the BGA.
I just tested this one: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
It gave me back what i had put in there in silage, with the loss of some liters. But less then before.
It works nice, and like in all productions, you will lose some liters. That is something that's in the game, with productions if you distribute you will lose 1 liter or so per pallet.

I believe you meant to empty a bunker with a bucket and not with a belt, the belt is for rootcrops. But since it works and saves a lot of time you take some loss of liters. If you do it how it supposed to be doing it, with a bucket you lose less but it takes longer.