Converting Mod, but....

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Kingsman40

Converting Mod, but....

Post by Kingsman40 »

Hey all,

So I've been working hours trying to a get a placeable mod converted from 19 to 22. It's the FS19 mod where you can buy a stack of logs and they are usable. I haven't seen it converted anywhere yet. Watching videos and so on learning to convert. I've finally got to the point that it shows in the store, I am able to select it and when I try to place it, there is no "model". But, It shows me the price where I would click to place it and it takes the money when I place it. It acts like I placed it. But it's not actually there. I am at the point where I am so confused I'm ripping my hair out, but I want to learn to convert mods, so any ideas or suggestions would be very helpful!

Also, No errors in the log.
This is the last line of when I tried to place the placeable.

If you can help, tell me what you need.

Thanks!
Dogface

Re: Converting Mod, but....

Post by Dogface »

Does the model show in GE? any errors in GE?
check all the paths for anything FS19
Kingsman40

Post by Kingsman40 »

Dogface wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:54 pm Does the model show in GE? any errors in GE?
check all the paths for anything FS19
Nothing. No Errors in GE or Game. And yes model shows in GE. That's why it has me confused lol
Kingsman40

Post by Kingsman40 »

UPDATE:

Got it working!

In the i3d file, this line "<i3D name="untitled" version="1.6" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://i3d.giants.ch/schema/i3d-1.6.xsd">"

Where it says "i3D name="untitled", I changed "untitled" to the name of the i3D file. So for Birch logs, I changed it to "i3D name="birch" as the i3D was named "birch.i3D". They now show up in game and are usable.

I also removed

<CustomParameter name="windSnowLeafScale" value="1 1 1 0"/>
<CustomParameter name="markerPosScaleRot" value="0 0 0 0"/>
<CustomParameter name="markerColorScale" value="1 0 0 1"/>

Once I have it fully working, I will upload to a mod site. The mod has no restrictions from the author about reuploading or converting, but will give credit to the original author.

It also only works in a new game, not existing. Not sure how to fix that.

Also, logs that are loose, placed from the mod, do not save on game save. Another thing I'm not sure how to fix. If any ideas on how to fix either of these 2 issues, please let me know.
Kingsman40

Post by Kingsman40 »

UPDATE #2

Hmmm, okay, this is weird. So, after some more testing, it works the first time, but if I try to purchase more, the model doesn't show up again........ :/
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Kingsman40 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:26 pm The mod has no restrictions from the author about reuploading or converting
The author said that there are no restrictions?
Kingsman40

Post by Kingsman40 »

Dogface wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:15 am
Kingsman40 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:26 pm The mod has no restrictions from the author about reuploading or converting
The author said that there are no restrictions?
He didn't specifically say it, but there are no restriction in the files or on the site where it has been uploaded. So, it's to assume there are no restrictions if it's not plainly posted.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

So, if a car doesn't have a sticker saying people shouldn't steal it, then it's okay to steal the car?

Mods are the property of the modder who made them. It is considered theft to publish someone else's mod without first getting their permission.
Lego77man

Post by Lego77man »

Hi Dogface see your Trucks And Trailer With Pallet Autoload mod I was wondering is it coming to Console without the autoload part as the truck with flatbed on the back look cool and would be cool to have on console . Thank you