Stuck at 99% Sync When Joining Friend

kitchikoo

Stuck at 99% Sync When Joining Friend

Post by kitchikoo »

Okay, this is a long one.

Have an issue that has been bothering my friend and I's game nights. Playing for the first time on a new save, joining works with no issues, even with mods installed - we have a couple hundred, maybe. The maps themselves are mods, too.

However, every time we decide to start work on a save, after a few days - or in this case not even 24 hours later - joining becomes impossible due to the joining load screen becoming completely locked at 99% synchronizing with other players. I am forced to alt-f4 to quit the game.

We have gone through mods and even played them on the game's default maps to ensure they're multiplayer compatible, and there are no issues. Is there a way we can narrow down the issue? Our only assumption is that it's the map, but the fact that it occurs with every single map outside of 2 modded maps and official game maps.

We have reviewed the logs file to narrow down any possible errors that may be causing it to lock up, but to no avail. I've attached the logs (log_host is the host's, log is mine) for anyone who wants to review them. I enabled the dev console to watch what happens when I join, and the only error I get is a LUA 'update' method error relating to "dataS/scripts/vehicles/specializations/ConnectionHoses.lua(271) : attempt to index a nil value"

TLDR; a modded map works every time until a few days later after changes being made (buying vehicles, placeables, etc.), but no errors show in the logs. No idea what causes it and I hope it's not coincidentally every map we try outside of official game maps.

This has been an ongoing issue for us since Farming Simulator 22's release and has made our experience significantly worse compared to Farming Simulator 19! :(
Attachments
log.txt
My logs
(421.99 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
log_host.txt
Host's logs
(463.7 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
siedlik

Re: Stuck at 99% Sync When Joining Friend

Post by siedlik »

My friend got the same problem, he is on Xbox Series S. Other friend also got Xbox Series S and he doesn't have a problem.
I hosted the server on my PC and he was able to join for few minutes and that's it. Later on he is getting stuck at 99% and getting kicked out.
So I rented a server and he was not able to join again, he reinstalled the game and after that he was able to join for 20min and he got disconnected.