Jullian F Modding New map - Richlands Ohio

Dpk172

Re: Jullian F Modding New map - Richlands Ohio

Post by Dpk172 »

Well I have never seen such a beautiful map. So detailed. This is stunning, really amazing. I wanna live there.... I know already I am gonna play this map for a very long and intensive time.

My sincerest compliments to Julian?.
This is frickin 👌 awesome.
My wife can go .......... herself... I'm gonna farm....

Game on dudes...
Best regards. E.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

^^^ I got a good chuckle at that lol

A more optimal situation would be too .... Your wife so she goes to bed and then play lol
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

Having fun on this map. playing in my own back yard.. and this isn't to far from Malabar farm. the oak tree is gone..

Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
KFedor1907

Post by KFedor1907 »

I think this map is awesome and being from Ohio, I feel like I have to play it. It is nice to see an American map that is mid-sized and doesn't automatically require the purchase of a large expensive tractor to be efficient. Yes, there are some tweaks that are needed, but what map doesn't get an update over time. The discussion of the animal dealer being absence I get for people who really want the immersive play. Regardless, you do not really need an animal dealer. Straw/Hay sale point is a complete miss, not having a sleep trigger is a miss (do not know how that was missed in testing). I agree it would be nice to sell/remove buildings, but also understand why that was not included. As a console player, I appreciate that Jullian F wanted to keep the file size down. Most console players cannot have more than one map that is not base game loaded at a time and have enough cool mods to make it worth doing the work. Sounds like his update is going to reduce the price of the farmland, add a bale sale point, and add an animal dealer. My only criticism on this map is that you cannot buy a lot of the parcels of land. I wanted to cut down some trees and combine some fields but you cannot purchase the land between fields to do this, so expanding any farmland into the forested areas is not possible. I would like it if you could buy these lands, it would make it a lot easier.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

KFedor1907 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:10 pm I think this map is awesome and being from Ohio, I feel like I have to play it. It is nice to see an American map that is mid-sized and doesn't automatically require the purchase of a large expensive tractor to be efficient. Yes, there are some tweaks that are needed, but what map doesn't get an update over time. The discussion of the animal dealer being absence I get for people who really want the immersive play. Regardless, you do not really need an animal dealer. Straw/Hay sale point is a complete miss, not having a sleep trigger is a miss (do not know how that was missed in testing). I agree it would be nice to sell/remove buildings, but also understand why that was not included. As a console player, I appreciate that Jullian F wanted to keep the file size down. Most console players cannot have more than one map that is not base game loaded at a time and have enough cool mods to make it worth doing the work. Sounds like his update is going to reduce the price of the farmland, add a bale sale point, and add an animal dealer. My only criticism on this map is that you cannot buy a lot of the parcels of land. I wanted to cut down some trees and combine some fields but you cannot purchase the land between fields to do this, so expanding any farmland into the forested areas is not possible. I would like it if you could buy these lands, it would make it a lot easier.
I think most of your issues will be addressed in the update. My main hiccup on top of what was discussed is the ai helpers. If that doesn't get addressed this map will be a complete loss for me. I really want to play this map, hope ai gets worked on.
Dpk172

Post by Dpk172 »

Well. About the Ai workers.
On console, the Ai workers mess up sometimes even on the original giants maps. I have used the Ai workers occasionally on Richlands, but I'm having only the usual problems. I always guard them on their assignments. Most of the work, I do myself.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Dpk172 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:58 am Well. About the Ai workers.
On console, the Ai workers mess up sometimes even on the original giants maps. I have used the Ai workers occasionally on Richlands, but I'm having only the usual problems. I always guard them on their assignments. Most of the work, I do myself.
When I tried it they wouldnt drive anywhere without the map clogging up with frame drop. I only heard rumors they didnt work in fields. I got out of map when workers driving messed things up
Dpk172

Post by Dpk172 »

That's awful. I never use Ai workers to drive somewhere. But on the fields, yes they mess up sometimes. That's the reason why I always check their work. And this is also the reason why I do most of the stuff by my self.
There isn't just one map in wich Ai workers are perfectly aligned and synchronize with the map.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Dpk172 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:16 pm That's awful. I never use Ai workers to drive somewhere. But on the fields, yes they mess up sometimes. That's the reason why I always check their work. And this is also the reason why I do most of the stuff by my self.
There isn't just one map in wich Ai workers are perfectly aligned and synchronize with the map.
I dislike doing repetitive Work sometimes. Maybe that's why I never harvest a million liters of anything because I know I have to drive it myself to the sell point. Griffin Comes the closest . if it's AI behavior could be replicated on this map I would be here in a heartbeat
Dpk172

Post by Dpk172 »

Yeah I know whatbyou mean by that. Spending hours only on harvesting is pretty 😴 boring.... LoL. Griffin you say ?.;I never tried that one. Time to take a look.
Thnx.
Dpk172

Post by Dpk172 »

Well just lost several hours of building and decorating. I bought the claas xerion 4200 sadle Trac, want to park it in the shed, boom... major crash... I was stupidly forgotten to save my game. Now I can start all over again... daaang...
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Anyone know of any word on an update to this map?
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

DMZ Commander wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:56 pm Anyone know of any word on an update to this map?
Just in December that the modder was working on an update. They’ve released two mods in the meantime so I’m not sure if he’s done messing with it or he’s testing it or where it’s at now.