7900 XTX annoying micro stuttering in FS22

DracoDacicus

7900 XTX annoying micro stuttering in FS22

Post by DracoDacicus »

So basically this, upgraded from a 3080 10gb to a Sapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX for 4k 144hz gaming and out of all my library Farming Simulator 22 in game performance is ABYSMAL compared to my other very demanding games like for example RDR2 or TW Warhammer 3 (in which i have no stuttering problems whatsoever even when all settings are in Ultra 4k). In FS22 the FPS is all over the place, from 60 fps to 122, never reaching 144hz like the monitor, while in the meantime the GPU utilization never passes 60%!!!! I tried disabling all the options, going low quality, i get the same FPS variating wildly and the same GPU util never passing 60% while the stuttering persists. Even in places on map where the game reaches the maximum 120 FPS, there is an annoying stuttering that kills the experience. Also activating FSR 1 or 2 doesn't change anything at all, it's like it's not working at all in none of the modes, be it quality or performance, on the contrary, i get lower FPS count with uglier graphics than when TAA alone is active with perfect looking graphics. It is driving me insane, 2 months have passed since i got the GPU, trying daily to fix this game and no setting at all makes it work like a charm like on my previous 3080 (the GPU is the only thing i changed in my system, i am using the same x570 mobo and ryzen 7 5800x as before, the CPU never passes 16%, gaming in 4k i don't think we can talk about bottlenecking).

Basically i ran out of ideas and can't think for the love of god what else could i do to improve the gaming experience in this title...
Mesocyclone

Re: 7900 XTX annoying micro stuttering in FS22

Post by Mesocyclone »

I had the same, but then i changed from D3D12 to D3D11 in my game.xml and it was all gone.

When you open the game.xml found in documents/my games/Farmingsimulator2022 you will see in there D3D_12, change that to the following, and for me it was fixed:

Code: Select all

<renderer>D3D_11</renderer>
Also when you are at it, empty the shader_cache folder. You will need to build the shaders back op in game, so fly/drive around on the map and fill those shaders up, When it's build up you definitely see improvements
DracoDacicus

Post by DracoDacicus »

Thank you for the reply but no, in my case the stuttering is more intense in dx11, already tried it, AMD GPUs are recommended to use dx12 as they have excellent support for it.
For you it worked because Nvidia GPUs are known to have performance issues in dx12 although they are fixing a lot of these problems lately in their drivers. Me too back when I used the 3080 had to go from dx12 to dx11 because of same stuttering issues. Now I feel the problems I have are somewhat related to v-sync, AMD freesync and FSR. In Cyberpunk 2077 activating FSR 2.1 i gained >30 fps in 4k ultra, going from 90 to 120 fps. But even at 90 fps with the freesync you don't notice no lag or stuttering in Cyberpunk, all is super smooth. In FS22 even when I get 120 fps you get the stuttering and the impression frames are skipped a lot and activating FSR not only it looks way worse than TAA, but I also lose around 10 fps compared to TAA + more intense stuttering and that is what boggles my mind...
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

DracoDacicus wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:37 am Thank you for the reply but no, in my case the stuttering is more intense in dx11, already tried it.
Ah unfortunate then mate. I don't have a clue then what it can be, I'm sorry i can't help you further. I hope someone else has an fix for you.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

You could try posting your log here
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Did you already empty you shadingcache? After it, it will stutter, but should be better after driving around for a while.
FreeSync should make stutter less visible, did you check all setting for FreeSync in your monitor and driver?

If none of the above tips are helping, try a new save, standard map and no mods and see how performance is. Maybe it's a mod or a modmap.
DracoDacicus

Post by DracoDacicus »

UncleRico wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:24 pm You could try posting your log here
https://justpaste.it/bmd3t

Getting these warnings:
2023-03-29 19:46 E:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/pdlc/forestryPack/foliage/mediumGroundPlants/mediumGroundPlants.i3d (127.35 ms)
2023-03-29 19:46 Warning (performance): Foliage lod 1 mesh 'mediumGroundPlants' 'swordFern' 'swordFern01LOD1' is much larger than lod 0 mesh (min/maxY (-0.135/0.590 vs -0.046/0.270).
2023-03-29 19:46 Warning (performance): Foliage lod 1 mesh 'mediumGroundPlants' 'swordFern' 'swordFern02LOD1' is much larger than lod 0 mesh (min/maxY (-0.097/1.201 vs -0.065/0.566).
2023-03-29 19:46 Warning (performance): Foliage lod 1 mesh 'mediumGroundPlants' 'grass' 'grass01LOD1' is much larger than lod 0 mesh (min/maxY (-0.073/0.954 vs -0.041/0.802).
2023-03-29 19:46 Warning (performance): Foliage lod 1 mesh 'mediumGroundPlants' 'grass' 'grass03LOD1' is much larger than lod 0 mesh (min/maxY (-0.044/0.479 vs -0.023/0.314).

Apparently doing a google search it's because of the Platinum pack DLC
DracoDacicus

Post by DracoDacicus »

Lexie wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:37 pm Did you already empty you shadingcache? After it, it will stutter, but should be better after driving around for a while.
FreeSync should make stutter less visible, did you check all setting for FreeSync in your monitor and driver?

If none of the above tips are helping, try a new save, standard map and no mods and see how performance is. Maybe it's a mod or a modmap.
I already did all that except the freesync settings. Basically I tried everything i could think off in the past - I turned off all the settings in game and in AMD Adrenalin software then went activating them one by one and tested the game, nothing worked. The only thing i didn't turned off and took for granted was the Freesync options. They were always active (both in monitor OSD and AMD Adrenalin) as i've paired the GPU with a Freesync Premium Pro monitor (Gigabyte M32U) but today after your post i went and checked, basically disabled them and nothing happened. I mean the stuttering got a little worse in game but no other big change. Still the same problem, GPU utilization in this game maxes at 60% and in more demanding scenes it drops (alongside the obvious FPS drop associated with it) instead of going up......