Farm Sim Survey 2023 - forgotten comments

TheGazbeard

Farm Sim Survey 2023 - forgotten comments

Post by TheGazbeard »

This is a thread for all the "oh, I forgot to mention ...." afterthoughts for the survey linked here by Chaki - viewtopic.php?t=198853

So the ones I've just remembered that I forgot to put in the survey are ...

1. Stone picking contracts - the stone picking tools are expensive bits of kit and don't get enough use. Please add stone picking as a contract if you have field stones enabled.

2. Field rollers - please return the field rollers of FS19 and earlier, to enable returning fields etc. back to raw landscaping (I know we have the landscaping tools, but regularising field edges is a lot easier and faster with a roller ... and feels more like a farming task than graphic artistryfying with the landscape tools).

3. Enforce minimum info states in Modhub descriptions on all vehicles and equipment, including but not limited to price, capacity, speed (on road and in use), width, HP produced or HP needed, attachment type (3-point, towbar, etc.) for trailers and tools, etc. Soft reject mods that don't include the full details in the description.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
Urinal2001

Re: Farm Sim Survey 2023 - forgotten comments

Post by Urinal2001 »

Standardised measurements would be nice. Sure, it's easy enough to mentally convert m3 to litres for example, but it would be a breath of fresh air to have everything the same.
blue_painted

Re: Farm Sim Survey 2023 - forgotten comments

Post by blue_painted »

I think I've said this before, but categorise mods by the data already in the mod. E.g. the basic category is decided by function, tractors are sub-divided small/medium/large based on HP .. and use the same categories on modhub as in game.

And have a search facility on the screen where you choose mods for the savegame you are about to play!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads