Back in time

Beanbrother

Back in time

Post by Beanbrother »

Has anyone gone back to FS 19? I am missing seasons, and the challenge that I brought more than I had expected. The new AI I thought would be cool and something game changing, but seems to have more issues than I would expect and probably Giants even thought. Maybe the system (A.I road network)is working the way it is intended to, and the modders are doing it incorrectly, but giants, at least publicly, isn’t who is doing it correctly. Wondering if what has been brought into the FS 22 game is worth sticking with or should a person jump back to 19?
I understand the choice is mine just wondering what the community is doing
Angler1409

Re: Back in time

Post by Angler1409 »

Even though I never played FS until a month after FS22 release I have since bought FS19 and have about 500 hours in it mainly due to seasons and the different play style it brings.
I still have about 2500 hours in FS22 so it's not like I have ditched it for FS19.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Though it was heavily hated on, I believe 19 will go down as the best FS game. It had some fantastic mods and overall felt more complete than 22. The addition of giants watered down season cycles and a few other additions like productions have killed some of the mods from making a return and have overall made 22 feel like it took a small step backwards. Normally I would uninstall the previous FS game after a few months and move on to the next one but for now 19 remains as a safety net for when I’m feeling like some added realism. I’m definitely thinking the next version is going to have to wait for some game changing mods or a feature or step towards farming or realism that’s major enough to get me to buy on release day. To sum it up it’s not that I hate 22 it’s more that I just don’t love it either.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Nope, not looking back to FS19.
But I'm playing on PC, so I have every freedom of choice when it comes to mods. Seasons mod in FS19 never added anything for me.

I always compare base game versions to each other. And with that, FS22 is far beyond FS19 with all the new features.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

FS22 is an arcade game compared to FS19 with seasons mod.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Then blame it on Realismus Modding for not bringing the missing FS19 Seasons mod features into FS22.

Giants did what they announced: bringing seasons into FS22. Nothing more, nothing less.
They never announced integration of Seasons mod respectively all attached features.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Eische wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:41 am Then blame it on Realismus Modding for not bringing the missing FS19 Seasons mod features into FS22.

Giants did what they announced: bringing seasons into FS22. Nothing more, nothing less.
They never announced integration of Seasons mod respectively all attached features.
Realismus Never promised a more realistic seasons for 22 did they? So unless they did I don't see how there's much blame for them....
howey

Post by howey »

Found FS 19 pretty much the same as 17 but actually would prefer to play 17 over 19 if I went back. With the multiple new options FS22 brings I could never go back to playing the previous games.

Would be good to have a more in depth seasons feature like others said but the I never played seasons on fs19 and fs22 got me into the seasons feature as well as animals since I never had any interest in them in fs17 & 19.
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

Eische wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:41 am Then blame it on Realismus Modding for not bringing the missing FS19 Seasons mod features into FS22.

Why would i blame Realismus? For setting the bar too high for Giants? For finally making a mod that made this game an actual simulator?

Why do you think Simple IC, Realistic Cab view, MaizePlus, REA mods and others that add realism have most downloads?

Giants said they will implement seasons into FS22. Giants did a bad job with it. Giants chose not to include the main features of the mod.

Hmm i wonder who is to blame here....
Eische

Post by Eische »

Burekcina wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:25 pm

Why would i blame Realismus? For setting the bar too high for Giants? For finally making a mod that made this game an actual simulator?

Why do you think Simple IC, Realistic Cab view, MaizePlus, REA mods and others that add realism have most downloads?

Giants said they will implement seasons into FS22. Giants did a bad job with it. Giants chose not to include the main features of the mod.

Where do you get the download numbers from? They are not shown on the Modhub page.

You said it yourself: Giants said they will implement seasons into FS22. And this is exactly what they did. Just because the mod included additional features along with seasons (aka seasonal cycles) does not mean they need to be included.

And yes, Realismus never promised bringing Seasons mod features to FS22. In fact they mentioned being very busy in private life and to wait on how Giants version will turn out and if it makes sense to add from their end.
In fact, if Giants would have implemented all features, many people would have mentioned that Giants stole the mod.

If Giants would have created a super in-depth simulator like you are demanding, that game would be dead after 1 version because amount of players would be very limited. Just think about that not everyone wants to play like you want to.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Relax friend, it’s just a thread asking for folks opinions. No need to say someone else’s is good or bad.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Eische wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:00 pm
Burekcina wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:25 pm

Where do you get the download numbers from? They are not shown on the Modhub page.

You said it yourself: Giants said they will implement seasons into FS22. And this is exactly what they did. Just because the mod included additional features along with seasons (aka seasonal cycles) does not mean they need to be included.

And yes, Realismus never promised bringing Seasons mod features to FS22. In fact they mentioned being very busy in private life and to wait on how Giants version will turn out and if it makes sense to add from their end.
In fact, if Giants would have implemented all features, many people would have mentioned that Giants stole the mod.

If Giants would have created a super in-depth simulator like you are demanding, that game would be dead after 1 version because amount of players would be very limited. Just think about that not everyone wants to play like you want to.
Exactly - even Seasons Cycles" was too much for some ...
viewtopic.php?t=181939

And that's just a post on this hole-in-the-corner forum, I imagine it was worse on the mainstream game socials, where most of the bitchin' and whinin' goes on!

For myself, I would much rather have the super in-depth simulator, centred around my world and how farming is conducted around me ... but market economics rules the day!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

I think it would be perfect if they would implement more realism with toggles on and off for different features. Too much of this hinges on personal preference and also life situations like in my case I would love to play with more realism in detail but I don't have time for all that and seasons 22 fits my playstyle perfectly.
empato

Post by empato »

The only thing I really miss is the rotting feature of grass and straw during rain.
Everything else is maybe a little bit different, but I can play FS more or less in a very similar way like FS19 with Seasons.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

The only thing's stopping me going back is the slots and the way you can now place fences so they'll go with whatever slopes or hills, really makes a big difference when building a farm from scratch.