FS22 | Galgenberg by Jogi

Farmer Redgrass

FS22 | Galgenberg by Jogi

Post by Farmer Redgrass »

This is the one of those maps you didn’t know you needed until you give it a try!

I’ve been waiting for a Germany-based map that has a living, breathing “flavor” and Galgenberg by Jogi has it in spades. Plenty of elevation change, farming, multiplayer potential and forestry to be had!

As it was just released today (4/6/2023), I haven’t seen a topic posted in regards to the card.

Some minor issues/bugs I’ve come across playing around to report, although they may be intentional:

I. In Start from Scratch and Farm-Manager all the starting equipment from New Farmer is still owned.

II. In Start from Scratch and Farm-Manager you won’t own any animal pens until the land is bought (yes!!) The horse stable, however is still owned on both modes.

III. When buying H6 (plot 96) in both SfS and FM, you do not own the Hessian Ferment Silo and have no way to walk up to purchase it.

IV. In SfS and FM, even when owning other farmhouses via purchasing of plots, the original farmhouse from New Farmer (H1, plot 86) is still active and registers as the spawn point when relogging into the save.

Cheers and Happy Farming,
FR

Playing FS22 on PS5
Hoffa82

Re: FS22 | Galgenberg by Jogi

Post by Hoffa82 »

I totally agree, beautiful map with great atmosphere. It feels alive and not so sterile as some maps can do.

One thing I would need is a pdf or some other guide, it's not super obvious to me what all the triggers do.
hfo1988

Post by hfo1988 »

Any known modconflicts? Cant get it to load..
Clean log, only mods from modhub.
Cyrus1952

Post by Cyrus1952 »

Love the unique style of this map. Play on console so nice to see unique animal pens and the need to use different equipment. For example, to dry grass into hay, need to put wood chips into a container inside cow barn. Easiest way, for me, was with an actual front end loader, as space is pretty tight. But this allows for some varied game play, not the, new map, same equipment and stuff. The map is layed out very nice and well made. Unless I am missing something, being on console, can't use apples and can't use the greenhouse provided, because of an ingredient we don't have on console(can't remember what it was right now). I am in early play stage, but found on 2 contracts, I only got to 99% and had to buy some to finish it. For me not a big deal. Maybe I am missing something at the rock quarry also. There is a silo for seed, fertilizer, lime, but also 2 loaders with buckets. There is no rock in the quarry, so don't know why 2 vehicles are there. Any ideas? Anyway, if you don't try it because of all the mods needed, in my opinion, you are missing out on a good map.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Cyrus1952 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:44 pm Unless I am missing something, being on console, can't use apples and can't use the greenhouse provided, because of an ingredient we don't have on console(can't remember what it was right now).
I believe this map is the same for console and pc, as it's just 1 map and not 2 seperate mods (1 for pc and 1 for console) so there shouldn't be any differences. I just looked at the map for the first time, and i believe you can do apples. The apple trees need water and manure, which you got on console. And the apple juice factory needs apples and water. So unless i misunderstand you, you can do apples just fine on console.

Regarding the greenhouse provided "issue". If you talk about the greenhouse next to field 91, the one that is on the farm where you start, that greenhouse is called Bio Yard shop and is a sellpoint. The trigger to unload can be activated next to the blue watertank next to that greenhouse on the right side.
Cyrus1952

Post by Cyrus1952 »

Thanks for reply about apples, I will check it out. There are 4 greenhouses to the west of the farm. They require several ingredients, but one is garden substrate. That is the one I can't find.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Cyrus1952 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:16 am Thanks for reply about apples, I will check it out. There are 4 greenhouses to the west of the farm. They require several ingredients, but one is garden substrate. That is the one I can't find.
Ah I'm sorry, I missed those 4 greenhouses then. I found out what is wrong, i believe I heard a youtuber saying on his map review that on the website it shows 19 required mods, but there were 3 mods not listed that still were required.
(Would be nice if this was added in the description, if they only had space for 19 required mods instead of 22)

One of them is the small garden mod. This comes with, you can guess it, garden substrate.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

The other 2 required mods that aren't listed are:

Additional decoration package
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

Placeable slurry trader
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=233470

That info is found in the beginning of the YT map review of Farmer Klein: https://youtu.be/BMaWmxFidGE

Hopefully I helped you solving those "issues"

Happy Farming :hi:
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Nice to hear all these positive comments. I've been looking for a good original map to go Euro farming on. When this dropped Thursday I was tempted to download it, but I seen all the mods that were required but wasn't sure. I may give it a try later now.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Mary Of Bethany

Post by Mary Of Bethany »

Me too.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:53 pm Nice to hear all these positive comments. I've been looking for a good original map to go Euro farming on. When this dropped Thursday I was tempted to download it, but I seen all the mods that were required but wasn't sure. I may give it a try later now.
Mary Of Bethany wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:06 pm Me too.
Don't forget to install those 3 mods mentioned above! Those 3 doesn't install automatically but are still "needed" in order for some stuff to work.
There is a total of 22 mods that should be installed with this map.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Has anyone tried to bring water to Hatchling Cow Shed? Tried with Transport Pallets Pack but it doesn't unload water from the IBC-tank. Quite tight to get something else in there :hmm:
LincolnONE

Post by LincolnONE »

Galgenberg map in dedicated server works for someone becouse to me allways he writes: Error: Could not start dedicated server with current mod setup because some dependencies are missing!
I also uploaded the map and the 22 mod.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Have another problem to report - no milk produced in main cow Shed for the first month.
Another question regarding Cow feeds: TRM doesn't give 100% but 45%? Do I really need to give all the possible feeds to actually get 100%?
We really need a manual for every map that uses non-standard mechanics.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

IseOlen wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:01 pm Have another problem to report - no milk produced in main cow Shed for the first month.
Another question regarding Cow feeds: TRM doesn't give 100% but 45%? Do I really need to give all the possible feeds to actually get 100%?
We really need a manual for every map that uses non-standard mechanics.
If you bought dairy cows, brown-swiss or Holstein, they should produce milk right away.
So that might be a bug then on this map.

Regarding the TMR:
You have three options: For the cows to be fully (100%) productive and give as much milk as they can, you have to feed them Total Mixed Ration (TMR) - consisting of straw, hay, silage and mineral feed. You can buy all the ingredients at the dealership.

If you don't have all the ingredients (or the time), you can feed them with grass or hay. By feeding hay, they will still be 80% productive. By feeding them only grass, their productivity drops to 40%.

Does your farm rely heavily on milk production, especially in winter, you should always prepare enough quality food for them to be as productive as they can be.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Mesocyclone,
I have bought fully grown Holstein, they do have TMR (and straw as bedding). No milk. What you describe is default mechanics. Please buy the cows in THIS shed and see for yourself - THIS Cow Shed claims TMR will not give you 100%. Hence my question.