Trees are making me insane

Martinw89

Trees are making me insane

Post by Martinw89 »

Hi. I am really enjoying forrestry but the trees are making me insane. They whiggle and jiggle all over the place, espesially in my forwarder where just by turning it on and moving the crane sideways, makes the trees move ever so slightly until they just whiggle themselves off the loaderbed.

Is there no fix for these "amazing" tree physics?
Mesocyclone

Re: Trees are making me insane

Post by Mesocyclone »

The best thing to do is learn how to get along with those "amazing" tree physics.
Mary Of Bethany

Post by Mary Of Bethany »

Forestry, introduced in FS15, has only been in the base game for 9 1/2 years, so give them a break. These things don't happen over night.
FS15, released in 2014, was hyped with "a brand new graphics and physics engine", so you just need to give it time to mature, and have the kinks worked out.
Maybe they'll surprise you in the next update patch, or the next.
kiki443

Post by kiki443 »

Not only trees, I experience the same thing with pallets, loading a trailler, with them using any pallet fork, the pallets would stat "dancing" on it, untill they fall from it.

This behaviour forced me to get a mod that allows me to pick up any pallet, with my hands, the mod essentially removes the weight limit for objects that you can grab, now at least I can load them into a trailer without having to pick them up 5 times.
However, if I were to go and load a trailler fully (to save fuel and time, I tend to load as much pallets as I can fit into a trailler), as soon as I put more than 20 or so pallets - that is about 40% of physical space you can use (regardless of how I arrange them), they start "dancing" again, and the more of them, the worse it gets.
this will keep going untill they fall out of the trailer, if I fasten them, they would move the entire trailer as they seeminglly try to fall out.
- This happens with honey pallets the most, they are outright insane, I fasten them, I close the trailer, and they still appear on the outside of it, driving the truck is almost impossible, since the trailler is constantlly jumping left and right, a lot of times this simply throws the truck out of balance, to keep the truck from turning over, I have to pick the most straight route to my destination, as even the slightest steer, will turn it over to it's side, driving more than 8 kph also causes the turn over.

So, welcome to the world of weird physics...
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Big bag handler
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Decriptus wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:59 am Big bag handler
What he is trying to say here is: there is a big bag handler that a lot of people use because it's easy to handle: pallets, bales and even logs with it.

It comes with straps and you can strap a lot to it.
I use it all the times for logs, makes it easy and quick.

Mod can be found here, and btw it's not only for wheel loader. It's for telehandlers, front loaders, skid steers, wheelloaders.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Mesocyclone wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:20 am
Decriptus wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:59 am Big bag handler
What he is trying to say here is: there is a big bag handler that a lot of people use because it's easy to handle: pallets, bales and even logs with it.

It comes with straps and you can strap a lot to it.
I use it all the times for logs, makes it easy and quick.

Mod can be found here, and btw it's not only for wheel loader. It's for telehandlers, front loaders, skid steers, wheelloaders.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
There's also one in the csz pack which I prefer
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Decriptus wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:37 pm There's also one in the csz pack which I prefer
Ah haven't tried that one, will try that one out. Thnx for the tip.
Martinw89

Post by Martinw89 »

After some experimentation. I have found that the modded forwards are the ones experiancing the most issues. Logs sliding off a balanced griped claw. Logs dancing around in the logbed ect.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Martinw89 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:38 pm After some experimentation. I have found that the modded forwards are the ones experiancing the most issues. Logs sliding off a balanced griped claw. Logs dancing around in the logbed ect.
Yeah, I'm always trying to use the basegame equipment (and Platinum dlc equipment) as much as possible, especially with logging. And I never experienced something you mentioned before. The only thing I use for logging that is not basegame is that big bag handler, handles log nice and easy and quicker for me.

Less mods, less possibility that the game go crazy in my opinion.

But I'm glad you figured out what was causing the issue for you. Hopefully now you can log with less issues. :hi: happy farming
crash

Post by crash »

Pallets are a walk in the park now compared to fs17 and 19😂
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Martinw89

Post by Martinw89 »

I made a video of my logs bugging out. I cant see this issue anywhere on youtube and it makes logging really unenjoyable.

This is a youtube link to my video. Please help.

https://youtu.be/S-UopZE3r74
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Martinw89 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:53 pm I made a video of my logs bugging out. I cant see this issue anywhere on youtube and it makes logging really unenjoyable.

No wonder when you play on the map with the most lag there is. I remember map reviews on YT where they all warned you about lag. The amount of trees on that map CAN create lag and glitches.
I have seen a lot of topics on this forum a out that map and it's lag because of that amount of trees. I never had any issues on any other map while doing logging.
Martinw89

Post by Martinw89 »

Mesocyclone wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:40 pm
Martinw89 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:53 pm I made a video of my logs bugging out. I cant see this issue anywhere on youtube and it makes logging really unenjoyable.

No wonder when you play on the map with the most lag there is. I remember map reviews on YT where they all warned you about lag. The amount of trees on that map CAN create lag and glitches.
I have seen a lot of topics on this forum a out that map and it's lag because of that amount of trees. I never had any issues on any other map while doing logging.
People seem to be using it without a problem? Is it a hardware issue?
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Martinw89 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:53 pm People seem to be using it without a problem? Is it a hardware issue?
Maybe you got your settings to high. Maybe you use to many mods. Maybe you have a mod causing the lag. Mods/settings that other people don't use.

I don't know your hardware, don't know your settings, haven't seen your log so can't judge...

I know for a fact tho it's one of the heaviest maps there is. And with to many mods, or wrong settings, it can cause a lot of issues when it has 30.000+ trees that spawn in at the same time.