Today’s the big day

richnshaz

Today’s the big day

Post by richnshaz »

After a good number off years playing fs on PlayStation the day has finally arrived .took the day off work and patiently waiting on delivery driver dropping off my new gaming pc .excited much but just realised I have no idea what the heck I’m doing I know I have t buy the game and season passes but have no clue where to start does anyone have any kind advise for me before my kids come home from school and I have to ask them for help .many thanks in advance guys my pc skills are not the best
Lawma

Re: Today’s the big day

Post by Lawma »

I envy your new purchase. Farming would be exponentially more fun if I could play on PC
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

My recommedation would be to install Steam and do your purchases with them. I've been using it for years for all my gaming. It makes the whole process fairly simple.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Go here: https://www.farming-simulator.com/buy-n ... =pcdigital - buy the version you want, receive an email from Giants with a code/codes.
Then go here: https://eshop.giants-software.com/downloads.php - enter the code and download *thumbsup*

And congrats on your new pc purchase!! :coolnew:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

I would second that. Steam is great. Easy way to purchase and by far the easiest way to keep the game updated.
They also have good, regular sales so you can grow your game collection.
As for FS specific. Initially if your installing mods, keep to the modhub, rather than 3rd party mod sites. There are a couple good ones, but the majority of them have big riddled mods that will cause you issues with the game.
Learn where your FS log.txt file is, as you can look at that if you get issues in the game.
Other than that, install and enjoy.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

I would suggest to use Steam as well. Really easy with future updates as well. No hassle with steam. Seen enough issues on this forum when using giants own stuff.
richnshaz

Post by richnshaz »

Thanks guys appreciated big time . Arrived ten minutes ago looking forward too playing on some bigger maps and will let yous know how I get on 👍
Mary Of Bethany

Post by Mary Of Bethany »

Steam is the way to go. Don't listen to the other person.
richnshaz

Post by richnshaz »

All working good guys thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. 😅 as for mods I will just keep it simple no 3rd parties
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

With giants adding automatic updates for 22 it took away my reason for buying directly from them. I don’t really see any other benefits to buying directly anymore.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Two more things about Steam ...

1. The Steam cloud save means that when you change PC, or have multiple PCs to play on, you can access your savegames.

2. Steam's servers seem to be a lot more robust and capable than GIANTS ... so downloads are smoother and faster.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

richnshaz-----------Congrats on your purchase, may it serve you well!

I'd like to give you a few pointers:

Absolutely go with steam.

Somewhere on your hard drive, make a folder named FS22, within that folder, make other folders broken down like maps, seeders, planters, scripts and so on. When you download a mod, you'll save it to it's proper folder for easy finding.

DON'T EVER DOWNLOAD AND DIRECTLY INSTALL TO THE GAME! You want to test it for errors first, this is how I do it, it'll make sense and be easy to do once you do it a few times and it's worth it:
1. Locate where your mods are installed. It's usually Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator22/mods
2. Within the folder Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator22, make another folder and name it mods2. This is your testing folder.
3. Start and then save a game on a VANILLA map (map that comes with the game, never a modded map). This save is ONLY for testing and not play. Go into the save and edit the careerSavegame.xml (there, you'll look for <statistics> <money>8364048</money> edit the money amount and give yourself a few million dollars so you can buy the equipment you'll be testing.

Now, you're ready to find a mod to download, test and install into your game. As an example, we're going to use the ever popular 3M plow:
4. Download it and save it to the PLOW folder you made in your FS22 folder.
5. Copy and paste it into your Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator22/mods2 folder. Now you're going to RENAME 2 folders in Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator22.
6. Rename the mods folder to mods1
7. Rename the mods2 folder to mods
8. In your Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator22 folder, you'll see a file called log.txt delete that! We need a freshly generated one so we can look for errors. Now we're ready to test our 3M plow.
9. Start the game you saved in step 3, activate the mod and buy it within the game. Save and quit.
10. Now, we need to open the log.txt file in Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator22 and see if there are any errors naming that 3M plow as the problem. If not, it's a good mod and you're good to go! If there is an error, delete the mod from your mods folder and PLOW folder.

As you add and test more mods(one at a time!), you'll be adding them to the mods1 folder, rename the mods folder to mods2, then rename the mods1 to mods. You'll get the hang of it.
From time to time, you'll have a mod conflict. You've followed steps 4-10 and didn't have any errors with a new mod by itself, but after adding it to your other mods, now you're getting errors! Your latest mod is the bad one and you have 2 choices: try to find which ones don't get along or my choice: delete the latest one! I have over 150 mods in my game and all are working well together, if the latest one causes problems, IT gets deleted!

If you have any questions, message me.
Happy Farming!
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:15 am
Why would anyone do this? Its a BIG waste of time!

You can use developer tools or power tools to give yourself money.

You can test all your mods in any savegame as long as you don’t save it if you screw up something. Even then, there are plenty of savegame backups the game makes so you can roll back whenever you want.

There is a log file in the documents/fs folder. You can see all your errors there. If any…

There is no need for multiple folders. You can activate only mods you want when starting.
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

I agree Boston Johnnys suggestions are total over kill , Install the mod and try it on a new map to see if it works or even just on your current map , It it causes problems you can soon uninstall it again . There is also a mod on the mod hub to give you money daily
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

The thing from Johnny is really to much for a new pc player.

It's pretty simple, just follow the following steps:
  • Start a new savegame on a basegame map and activate that mod by ✅ it
  • When loaded in the game, give yourself plenty of money by using the F12 menu of that easy development controls mod.(You can add money, remove money or set money
  • Save that game
Now you got a savegame with lots of money where you can test new mods out before using them in your actual save without messing your actual game up.

Once you familiar with the new mod and tested it, you can use it on your existing savegame and have fun!

P.s. also try out the Easy development controls mod and get used to it, you can't go wrong, just try some stuff out. It's an amazing mod to test stuff out. You can fill your trailers with crops etc within seconds so you can test easy. In the F12 menu you can do a lot of stuff to help doing test quicker.

Happy Farming :hi:
Last edited by Mesocyclone on Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.