when mods cause me to start over

Decriptus

Re: when mods cause me to start over

Post by Decriptus »

I just tossed everything in my refrigerator in the oven....it tastes horrible, had to get a new fridge
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

It is also not Giants responsibility to re check every single mod if the game is updated , As it has been said for so many games you use mods at your own risk and your problem if they crash your game or clash with each other
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Even if GIANTS would test all possible combinations of mods on the Modhub, there is no guarantee that all the issues they might find will be fixed before a mod is released, since it is still up to the creators of the mods to fix them. And if an issue is caused by a conflict between multiple mods it all the creators of the mods would have to collaborate to figure out what actually needs to be changed in each mod to fix the issue.

As others have already mentioned testing all possible combinations of all the mods on the Modhub and the creators working together on fixing the issues found would drastically increase the time until a new mod could be released, which means a lot less mods would be released.

And last but not least, keep in mind that testing the mods before releasing them on the Modhub is a free service offered by GIANTS, increasing the amount of testing of the Mods before release would most likely mean that GIANTS would have to hire more people for this, which could then mean that offering mods via the Modhub could no longer be offered as a free service, or the price for the game itself would have to be increased to cover the additional costs.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Mary Of Bethany

Post by Mary Of Bethany »

Giants could help reduce the anger from these "save" breaking issues by allowing players to make multiple saves per game, like most game developers on the planet. Only allowing 1 slot is just dumb, and especially when there is no way to guarantee that mod conflicts or updates won't break a save file.

Come on Giants, If you manage to finish anything in your game development, this would be a good beginning.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Mesocyclone wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 1:30 pm
I believe he is on PS4 since he recently asked for "old farm equipment" for PS4.
Oh, well in that case I would recommend cleaning the dust off. Those consoles sound like rockets taking off at the end of their life cycle with intense games. Wouldn’t take much to push it too hard.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Mary Of Bethany wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:04 pm Giants could help reduce the anger from these "save" breaking issues by allowing players to make multiple saves per game, like most game developers on the planet. Only allowing 1 slot is just dumb, and especially when there is no way to guarantee that mod conflicts or updates won't break a save file.

Come on Giants, If you manage to finish anything in your game development, this would be a good beginning.
I've been suggesting this to GIANTS for years, but unfortunately they seem to be very fond of their "slot" system for the savegames.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
empato

Post by empato »

I wonder if anyone has ever tried loading all 4000+ mods from Modhub in one savegame.
It would be interesting to know if the game would start and what the log would say... :mrgreen:
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

empato wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 2:38 pm I wonder if anyone has ever tried loading all 4000+ mods from Modhub in one savegame.
It would be interesting to know if the game would start and what the log would say... :mrgreen:
Fs22: I'ma load all the mods
Log: It's been fun
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

Make sure to test mod yourself if you're getting them off of third party sites.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/