Feature Request: FS24 To Prioritize More On Optimization/Stability & Realistic Game Mechanics Over Advanced Graphics.

johndc_92

Feature Request: FS24 To Prioritize More On Optimization/Stability & Realistic Game Mechanics Over Advanced Graphics.

Post by johndc_92 »

Feature Request: Please Make The Next Farmer Simulator 23 Prioritize More On Stability And Realistic Game Mechanics.

The Update on farming simulator 22 graphics quality is very great and a very good foundation for the game's future expansion. I believe it is a good strategy for Farming simulator to priotize more on stability and more realistic/better game mechanics on the next Farming Simulator 24.

1. Currently the game still has a lot of needed optimization and stability. Especially on the draw distance category. Farming Simulator 22 also has a lot of weird bugs and game limitations

(Ex: Placing Silo bunkers are only limited to 90°, probably to avoid glitches).

2. The next Farming Simulator should also prioritize on implementing more optional reaslism in game mechanics.

(Ex:Optional Silage bales rotting/expiration and storage/shelter feature to prevent rotting.)

I know there are still lots of basic feature ideas that can improve the game. I hope the next Farming Simulator would prioritize more on making the game stable and mechanics more realistic.

Thank you.
Last edited by johndc_92 on Thu May 11, 2023 8:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
Gugernoot215

Re: Feature Request: Farmer Simulator 23 To Prioritize More On Stability & Realistic Game Mechanics over Advanced Graphi

Post by Gugernoot215 »

Yeah Optimization should properly be prioritized as even though I have a stable 30 capped fps my graphics card still crashes playing farming sim.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
Mesocyclone

Re: Feature Request: Farmer Simulator 23 To Prioritize More On Stability & Realistic Game Mechanics over Advanced Graphi

Post by Mesocyclone »

Farming Simulator 23? That is the mobile version. A new PC/console version of Farming Simulator will be probably 24/25.

And remember giants are using their own game engine. So they are limited to what their own engine can handle. It's not like Unreal Engine 5.1 so don't expect it to be handling like that.
Last edited by Mesocyclone on Thu May 11, 2023 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Gugernoot215 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:53 am Yeah Optimization should properly be prioritized as even though I have a stable 30 capped fps my graphics card still crashes playing farming sim.
Probably your mods crashing the game then, and not your graphics card.
johndc_92

Post by johndc_92 »

Mesocyclone wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:42 am Farming Simulator 23? That is the mobile version. A new PC/console version of Farming Simulator will be probably 24/25.

And remember giants are using their own game engine. So they are limited to what their own engine can handle. It's not like Unreal Engine 5.1 so don't expect it to be handling like that.
I see. I forgot they tend to name their mobile version to the next desktop version number. Thanks. Edited my post.

I am aware that they are using their own engine. I know its just simple to say and ask but its a complicated and challenging task also. Thats why I hope Giants would prioritize their budget on optimizing the game and improving the game's mechanics.
Bobble2020

Re: Feature Request: FS24 To Prioritize More On Optimization/Stability & Realistic Game Mechanics Over Advanced Graphics

Post by Bobble2020 »

I would also like to see the ability to remove any pre existing buildings etc if you buy that land
Farmer-mark

Re: Feature Request: FS24 To Prioritize More On Optimization/Stability & Realistic Game Mechanics Over Advanced Graphics

Post by Farmer-mark »

i would like to see water management, i.e. cleaning ditches, draining wet fields, creating ponds so you can collect free water. if you don't manage the water properly fields will become wet crops might die tractors etc. can get stuck.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

I would love for my PS4 pro to not sound like a space shuttle launch when I get to close to trees...
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Decriptus wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:39 pm I would love for my PS4 pro to not sound like a space shuttle launch when I get to close to trees...
You might wanna open your PS4 and remove all the dust it has been collecting for years.

The next thing is not specifically for you Decriptus(so don't take anything personal please), but just my thoughts/opinion in general:

I don't understand why people with older consoles think they can keep playing the newest games. Games are getting heavier each year due to new technologies and new/improved hardware etc.

When developers are making games they do it with the latest technology out there, they don't look at; oh the Xbox one or PS4 might not be able to handle it.

I recently bought a gaming pc, but I'm sure in 4 years I might need to upgrade the components to be able to play the newest games.
As technology does keeps moving forward.

This is just my opinion, I learned my lesson when I was a console player. And i also made the mistake expecting to be able to play on my older gen Xbox for to long. It just won't handle newer games anymore. Hence why I went PC, easier to upgrade. With a console you need to purchase a newer gen console every time it's getting released.

You also keep losing support each year with older gens consoles, there comes a time they won't release any more games on older gen, because of newer gens.
Mary Of Bethany

Post by Mary Of Bethany »

Mesocyclone wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:47 pm
Decriptus wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:39 pm I would love for my PS4 pro to not sound like a space shuttle launch when I get to close to trees...
You might wanna open your PS4 and remove all the dust it has been collecting for years.

The next thing is not specifically for you Decriptus, but just my thoughts/opinion in general:

I don't understand why people with older consoles think they can keep playing the newest games. Games are getting heavier each year due to new technologies and new/improved hardware etc.

When developers are making games they do it with the latest technology out there, they don't look at; oh the Xbox one or PS4 might not be able to handle it.

I recently bought a gaming pc, but I'm sure in 4 years I might need to upgrade the components to be able to play the newest games.
As technology does keeps moving forward.

This is just my opinion, I learned my lesson when I was a console player. And i also made the mistake expecting to be able to play on my older gen Xbox for to long. It just won't handle newer games anymore. Hence why I went PC, easier to upgrade. With a console you need to purchase a newer gen console every time it's getting released.

You also keep losing support each year with older gens consoles, there comes a time they won't release any more games on older gen, because of newer gens.
Giants claimed that FS22 would run better on last gen consoles than FS19. Obviously it isn't true, and was likely just a sales pitch to get as many buyers as possible.
So, when people with older consoles start to complain, you can't blame them. You can search the forums for such a statement if you like.
Also, Giants does not use "the latest technology out there". Their games have always had terrible optimization.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Mary Of Bethany wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:21 pm Giants claimed that FS22 would run better on last gen consoles than FS19. Obviously it isn't true, and was likely just a sales pitch to get as many buyers as possible.
So, when people with older consoles start to complain, you can't blame them. You can search the forums for such a statement if you like.
Also, Giants does not use "the latest technology out there". Their games have always had terrible optimization.
Oh yeah totally agree and understand. Giants definitely don't use the latest technology. But it was more a general thought then having a go at older console players or giants in this case.

And i definitely agree with 90% of the suggestions that has been made in this topic. *thumbsup*
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

I agree with Mesocyclone. I open my day 1 release PS4 and clean it about every 6 months and mine doesn't sound like a space shuttle launch. my friend had the same problem sounded really loud. , so i helped him take it apart to clean it,(he didn't believe me that this would work) holy cow i think he had 2 pounds of dust/dog hair in it. now it so quiet. and he believes me now.. so yeah clean all the dust out if you can..

Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Sneaks wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:45 pm I agree with Mesocyclone. I open my day 1 release PS4 and clean it about every 6 months and mine doesn't sound like a space shuttle launch. my friend had the same problem sounded really loud. , so i helped him take it apart to clean it,(he didn't believe me that this would work) holy cow i think he had 2 pounds of dust/dog hair in it. now it so quiet. and he believes me know.. so yeah clean all the dust out if you can..
Yeah had the same issue with both my Xbox one and my Xbox one series. Those things collects so much dust it's unbelievable. Now I clean my gaming-pc every 3 months with special anti dust airspray.
Keeps my performance level high. Such a big difference when it can release the heat from the components.

P.s. @Sneaks you don't have to wait anymore (TVTOF), lol just noticed your signature haha.
Guil

Post by Guil »

We won't see a new FS on PC/console until late 2024 at the earliest I think and that will be named FS25
Guil

Post by Guil »

Mesocyclone wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:42 am

You say this like it is a bad thing. There is no engine that can do what Giants engine does. Just because games look nicer doesn't mean it's a better engine. FS processes the entire map continuously, multiple layers every .5 metre square iirc