Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Lawma

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by Lawma »

Me guess they take long weekend. Seemed that way in the past when theres a holiday on a Thursday. But dont hold me to that.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Bcbuhler Volvo, bed pack, and grain hauling pack update. Perfecto!!! Love the sounds!!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

They have jake's engine brake, now. love it. <loud roar going downhill>
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:20 pm They have jake's engine brake, now. love it. <loud roar going downhill>
Yep, and the different engine sounds are great. They all sound spot on. And the shifting and acceleration is more realistic. Reminds me of pulling out loaded each morning.....except I shift alot faster :biggrin2:
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

That awesome Pennsylvania Dutch farmset has been updated. Time to start a new map somewhere.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:51 pm That awesome Pennsylvania Dutch farmset has been updated. Time to start a new map somewhere.
I just came on to check in and your post just made my flipping dayyyyyyy!!!!!
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Slightly off topic question (or maybe not) but does anyone know what sort of thing contributes to the size of a mod?

I saw the Lode King Super-B trailer that appeared on modhub today, and thought it looked interesting so went to download it.

Over 200MB! That's bigger than some entire maps.

Just so we are clear, this is NOT a comment on the quality of the mod, I'm sure it's great. I was just suprised at the size of a trailer pack, and was curious what it is that causes some things to need such a large file size.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

I'm assuming something with optimization or just the level of detail like you said but that's a heck of a lot of detail considering that there's. Maps with two hundred mb
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Urinal2001 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:12 pm Slightly off topic question (or maybe not) but does anyone know what sort of thing contributes to the size of a mod?

I saw the Lode King Super-B trailer that appeared on modhub today, and thought it looked interesting so went to download it.

Just so we are clear, this is NOT a comment on the quality of the mod, I'm sure it's great. I was just suprised at the size of a trailer pack, and was curious what it is that causes some things to need such a large file size.
I would say a big part of that is there’s about 30 different trailers in that package if you take to account all the different length configurations
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Cheers guys, pretty much what I expected, plus I thought there were only four in the pack, not thirty!
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

iwan073 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:18 pm We had so many console mods in testing, now there are like 5 left...

Kröne butterfly mower is gone, Alps map is gone, the Fendt 900 S5 is gone... WHHYYYYYYY :frown:
Some of those might have failed so they removed it from the list or may be getting released at some point in a could a couple of days, so they remove the mod from the list. Usually if it removed like that usually means it failed testing on their end.
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

Urinal2001 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:12 pm Slightly off topic question (or maybe not) but does anyone know what sort of thing contributes to the size of a mod?

What the others mentioned, but textures can also take up a lot of mb if there are custom textures in the mod instead of loading textures from the game. And then there is details, some modders will model even screws to such a detail that it's almost ridicilous.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Okay, so all those factors combined raise an interesting question... How much is TOO much? We all (presumably) would say that we want everything to be as accurate and detailed as possible. But there must be a point for all of us where we decide it's just overkill and not needed.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

How much is TOO much?
In answer to your question here is the Test Runner report for that mod,

Code: Select all

Test Result
data
version: 0.8.12
buildDate: 2023-07-19 08:19:37
timeOfExecution: 2023-08-02 20:42:15
executionDuration: 8.943 sec
config
testDataPath: E:/Downloads/farmingSim/FS22_CP11_LodeKing_Containers_SuperB
gamePath: C:/Program Files (x86)/Farming Simulator 2022
output
directory: C:/Users/Admin/Desktop/GiantsEditor/TESTING TOOLS/TestRunner_public_0_8_12
formats
format: XML (autoOpenReport: False)
format: HTML (autoOpenReport: True)
results (Testrun Outcome: FAIL)
Data Collector Results (outcome: PASS, total: 6, failed: 0, succeeded: 6)
Module Results (outcome: FAIL, total: 11, failed: 2, succeeded: 9)
test group (name: DXTCheck, passed: True)
no problems found
test group (name: MipMapCheck, passed: True)
no problems found
test group (name: TextureCheck, passed: True)
no problems found
test group (name: I3DCheck, passed: True)
no problems found
test group (name: ModDescCheck, passed: False)
invalid desc version
error: descVersion '75' outside allowed range
min: 76
max: 76
test group (name: PreFabCheck, passed: True)
no problems found
test group (name: VehicleCheck, passed: True)
no problems found
test group (name: SlotCheck, passed: True)
no problems found
infos
slot usage: 14 (storeItem: FS22_CP11_LodeKing_Containers_SuperB/xml/delantera.xml)
slot usage: 12 (storeItem: FS22_CP11_LodeKing_Containers_SuperB/xml/trasera.xml)
slot usage: 14 (storeItem: FS22_CP11_LodeKing_Containers_SuperB/xml/delantera_basculante.xml)
slot usage: 12 (storeItem: FS22_CP11_LodeKing_Containers_SuperB/xml/trasera_basculante.xml)
test group (name: ObsoleteFiles, passed: True)
no problems found
test group (name: EditorCheck, passed: False)
Editor Path: C:/Program Files/GIANTS Software/GIANTS_Editor_9.0.4_64-bit/editor.exe
faulty I3ds
faulty I3d (file: FS22_CP11_LodeKing_Containers_SuperB/i3d/delantera.i3d)
custom : total polycount of scene is at least 464,512 triangles (warning threshold: 250,000)
faulty I3d (file: FS22_CP11_LodeKing_Containers_SuperB/i3d/delantera_basculante.i3d)
custom : total polycount of scene is at least 507,360 triangles (warning threshold: 250,000)
faulty I3d (file: FS22_CP11_LodeKing_Containers_SuperB/i3d/trasera.i3d)
custom : total polycount of scene is at least 382,849 triangles (warning threshold: 250,000)
faulty I3d (file: FS22_CP11_LodeKing_Containers_SuperB/i3d/trasera_basculante.i3d)
custom : total polycount of scene is at least 430,140 triangles (warning threshold: 250,000)
test group (name: ShaderCheckEditor, passed: True)
no problems found
Editor Path: C:/Program Files/GIANTS Software/GIANTS_Editor_9.0.4_64-bit/editor.exe
This particular check is only relevant if you plan to release the mod on consoles.
If the mod is meant to be released on PC only, you can ignore the warnings.
Bear in mind that the polycount warning is just that a warning, the figure of 250,000 is the recommended limit for consoles only
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Urinal2001 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:09 pm Okay, so all those factors combined raise an interesting question... How much is TOO much? We all (presumably) would say that we want everything to be as accurate and detailed as possible. But there must be a point for all of us where we decide it's just overkill and not needed.
It’s different for everyone. Consoles can handle a certain amount and PCs can handle a large varying amount. If your pc can handle it the mods are absolutely beautiful. If it can’t you’ll probably need to pass or only use one or two. Consoles are similar. Use more than a handful and it might cause blue screening when you group several together on a save.