contracts - missions keep disappearing

Farmeros Argentinos

contracts - missions keep disappearing

Post by Farmeros Argentinos »

Hi, I'm a console gamer. and a long time ago there was a problem with the missions, (more specifically the harvest ones), which disappeared quickly, there was an update and they never managed to accommodate it. I tried original maps, modded maps, starting from 0. I tried setting the time to 0.50, without mods and this keeps happening. will they ever fix it? it's very frustrating
Last edited by Farmeros Argentinos on Sat May 27, 2023 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mesocyclone

Re: contracts - missions keep disappearing

Post by Mesocyclone »

No need to spam the same question...

For me the issue was fixed with previous update. Harvest contract doesn't disappear anymore.
Since the update I haven't seen people complain about this anymore.

So you might have a mod conflict.
So start a map without any mods and see what happens. Edit: i forgot you already did that, so disregard.

If you ruled out the mod conflict you might wanna fill in a bug report using giants bug report system, how to can be found below in my signature 👇
Last edited by Mesocyclone on Sat May 27, 2023 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

spam : unsolicited usually commercial messages (such as emails, text messages, or Internet postings) sent to a large number of recipients or posted in a large number of places.

I don't see any spam here.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

JillAnnoyedFarmer wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:57 am spam : unsolicited usually commercial messages (such as emails, text messages, or Internet postings) sent to a large number of recipients or posted in a large number of places.

The term spamming is also applied to other media like in internet forums.
"Forum spamming is a breach of netiquette where users repeat the same word or phrase over and over"
So posting the same message over and over is also spamming.

So before you try to teach me a lesson you should have all your facts straight😂

But at least I also replied on-topic...
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

I was under the impression that contracts disappearing was related to how many days you have set for a month. Essentially that a farmer may need a job done during April for example, so makes the contract available first thing that morning of April 1st, but as the next day is then May 1st, they do it themselves unless you accept it very quickly.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Urinal2001 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:33 pm I was under the impression that contracts disappearing was related to how many days you have set for a month. Essentially that a farmer may need a job done during April for example, so makes the contract available first thing that morning of April 1st, but as the next day is then May 1st, they do it themselves unless you accept it very quickly.
The problem before was;
As soon as you enter a new month and go to contracts, they disappeared within seconds.
This is what the OP is referring to, but that issue got fixed with an previous update.
So days of a month doesn't matter.
They(the contracts) supposed to stick the whole day, but previously they disappeared within seconds when going to contacts, so you didn't had the time to accept a contract.

Here is the topic from back then:
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=191948

But again. It was fixed with an update for me, and I guess a lot of others since I haven't seen new topics about it after that update.
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

Mesocyclone wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:23 pm
JillAnnoyedFarmer wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:57 am spam : unsolicited usually commercial messages (such as emails, text messages, or Internet postings) sent to a large number of recipients or posted in a large number of places.

The term spamming is also applied to other media like in internet forums.
"Forum spamming is a breach of netiquette where users repeat the same word or phrase over and over"
So posting the same message over and over is also spamming.

So before you try to teach me a lesson you should have all your facts straight😂

But at least I also replied on-topic...
Did he repeat it over and over? I only see it repeated once.
It was more like a bump (I'm sure you know what this is too), which seems to have worked in this case.

To the OP. If you're not using the latest update, then be sure to try that.
Otherwise, contracts will disappear on their own when the field is ready for the next phase.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

Maybe that's what their farmboss buddy did, just stopped visiting.
Disclaimer:
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

There's always someone like FarmBoss, they might be the same person behind different accounts, but the general opinions are always the same:
  • GIANTS never finish anything properly,
  • GIANTS are only interested in money,
  • GIANTS don't have the skills, or skilled developers, for the task,
  • GIANTS only post in the forum when they have something to sell,
  • If it wasn't for the modders, Farm Sim would have died long ago
So when one sees the same sentiments, often in the same phrasing, and especially the same level of repetition it's easy to assume that you are looking at another incarnation of the same person.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

blue_painted wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:37 am There's always someone like FarmBoss, they might be the same person behind different accounts, but the general opinions are always the same:
So when one sees the same sentiments, often in the same phrasing, and especially the same level of repetition it's easy to assume that you are looking at another incarnation of the same person.
Hi Blue, I get what you're saying. But assuming everyone that thinks the same way is also the same person isn't wise.
If Giants put everyone from the forum in a room, showed them your list, and asked for a show of hands in agreement, maybe they'd see it's more common than they would like to accept. It would remove the notion that it's only 1 disgruntled person. I happen to agree with your list btw.

There are 2 people here that call me farmboss and say I have 50 accounts, but when I look up farmboss, his last post was more than a year before the 2 even joined. How do they know farmboss unless they had an account over a year ago. Seems like it's the pot calling the kettle black.
Disclaimer:
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

JillAnnoyedFarmer wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:33 am
blue_painted wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:37 am There's always someone like FarmBoss, they might be the same person behind different accounts, but the general opinions are always the same:
Hi Blue, I get what you're saying. But assuming everyone that thinks the same way is also the same person isn't wise.
If Giants put everyone from the forum in a room, showed them your list, and asked for a show of hands in agreement, maybe they'd see it's more common than they would like to accept. It would remove the notion that it's only 1 disgruntled person. I happen to agree with your list btw.

There are 2 people here that call me farmboss and say I have 50 accounts, but when I look up farmboss, his last post was more than a year before the 2 even joined. How do they know farmboss unless they had an account over a year ago. Seems like it's the pot calling the kettle black.
It's not so much that many people might have the same opinions, more that they have the same posting habits and syntax: Someone posts that s/he is having trouble with some feature and then up pops "farmboss" with one or more from the list above, and often in the same formation as another very similar account.

I think if the active members of this forum were all put together there would be a wide spectrum of opinion, but probably ignoring most of the above in favour of clamouring for each of their own specific wishes.

In the specific case of FarmBoss, I remember someone admitting that s/he was Farmboss, was banned, and now has a new account, and then another, and so on, so the assumption that common behaviour indicates a common person behind the account isn't too far fetched.

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

May FarmBoss live on in your memories. Maybe one day I can reach his level if infamy.
I've read some of his posts, and they don't seem unreasonable. Maybe that's because I grew up in a time when people were more relaxed, and didn't let things bother them so easily.

Anyway, hopefully the OP got his missions figured out.
Disclaimer:
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

JillAnnoyedFarmer wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:19 pm May FarmBoss live on in your memories. Maybe one day I can reach his level if infamy.
I've read some of his posts, and they don't seem unreasonable. Maybe that's because I grew up in a time when people were more relaxed, and didn't let things bother them so easily.

"FarmBoss" isn't a person, it's a state of mind!

And yes, hopefully the OP was able to play the missions they want.

Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

blue_painted wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:24 pm
JillAnnoyedFarmer wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:19 pm May FarmBoss live on in your memories. Maybe one day I can reach his level if infamy.

"FarmBoss" isn't a person, it's a state of mind!

And yes, hopefully the OP was able to play the missions they want.
Sounds like his ascendency is complete. All the more reason to reach his level of infamy.
I must read more of his posts to study his writings, hopefully someday master his style.
Apparently his essence is strongly felt by those who knew him. I envy you.
Disclaimer:
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Sooooo anyway....

I've just startet a new save on Osada, and occasionally there's a rapid change/disappearance in the contracts.

And can y'all then have a nice farming weekend - I know I will :hi:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick