Idea/feature request

Ag Hauler

Re: Idea/feature request

Post by Ag Hauler »

Mike61021 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:54 am *thumbsup* I actually love the game very relaxing for me
Same here. I haven't seen the game as unfinished but I remember what it was like in 2008. I liked it then and it has only gotten better with each version.
LilCleep

Post by LilCleep »

norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:02 pm
LilCleep wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:06 am Maybe adding tobacco to the game. I'm not sure if it's something that can be added, but at most of the farmland near where I live grows it and I think it would be cool to see it added to the game. Maybe even as far as adding productions system or making it to wear you can sell it green or dry for a higher price.
Highly unlikely given the age rating of the game along the same lines as why grapes can't be made into wine.
I kind of figured that would be a big fat no for the idea, but given how the most of the world has a different view on wine/alcohol in general compared to the US there is still a possibly that it may come to the game even if it's as a "mod or DLC". I'd like to see tobacco come to the game not to promote the smoking of tobacco, but as away to try and preserve a dying industry as the use of tobacco is on a major decline and the growing of the crop is going the same way. Between tobacco and cotton they were cash crops that helped to drive the US forward even with the negatives that they had caused in history do to it's popularity... Even still we have cotton. I understand the negatives, but there are other uses for both alcohol and tobacco other then consumption. Sorry if this is confusing in anyway.
bobh_slo

Fix to add crop damage to grass

Post by bobh_slo »

Fix to optionally add crop damage to grass. Just lower growth level by 1, do not totally destroy.

I remember some FS19 maps left tire tracks/damage. Raised heck with AI helpers if you drove over the fields.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

LilCleep wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:03 am
norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:02 pm
LilCleep wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:06 am Maybe adding tobacco to the game. I'm not sure if it's something that can be added, but at most of the farmland near where I live grows it and I think it would be cool to see it added to the game. Maybe even as far as adding productions system or making it to wear you can sell it green or dry for a higher price.
Highly unlikely given the age rating of the game along the same lines as why grapes can't be made into wine.
I kind of figured that would be a big fat no for the idea, but given how the most of the world has a different view on wine/alcohol in general compared to the US there is still a possibly that it may come to the game even if it's as a "mod or DLC". I'd like to see tobacco come to the game not to promote the smoking of tobacco, but as away to try and preserve a dying industry as the use of tobacco is on a major decline and the growing of the crop is going the same way. Between tobacco and cotton they were cash crops that helped to drive the US forward even with the negatives that they had caused in history do to it's popularity... Even still we have cotton. I understand the negatives, but there are other uses for both alcohol and tobacco other then consumption. Sorry if this is confusing in anyway.
It's not that it's about the younger players giants have huge following with them
bobh_slo

Post by bobh_slo »

Add support for Regenerative Farming (RF) techniques.
0 allow double cropping (inter-row cover crop + corn+) e.g. plant corn over Oil Seed Radish or new RF cover crop (also see new textures below as alternative)
0 new textures? (cover crop as seed bed?) (low profile cover crop?) (new crop textures with inter-row cover crop?)
0 add Fertilizer bonus when RF techniques used (above method or no-till or ???)
0 long term Precision Farming (PF) bonus for RF techniques (RF Score?, soil condition score?) (do not require PF for most RF features)
0 PF sensor/layer for RF soil condition
0 new bioreactor mod for RF compost+, home grown, small, and production scale
0 buyable RF compost, worm slurry, ??? (worm crop?? :) worm clew?)
0 harvest bonus (may be negative in first year, then neutral, plus)
0 penalty for not using RF (plow/cultivate/herbicide)
0 moveable pastures with soil bonus points per day (rubber band pastures? electric fence?)

IMHO Modern Farming has peaked, Regenerative Farming is the future.
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

Whilst every area could be improved, there is one area that has barely been touched.

Animals.

Right now, animals are nothing more than a factory. You place down an animal factory, hire "workers" (aka, the animals) and then supply goods (food, water and straw) to obtain more valuable goods to sell or use in other factories.

The base game doesn't even recognise that the cows are standing in a field of grass that they can eat, you have to cut the grass and put it in troughs.

Using the existing build system, Giants can expand it to have modular farming which will be the first step in the right direction.

Use the fences to create a collision slightly longer fences model. Then let the animals roam freely around the map, blocked only by these fences.

Then add water and feed troughs, both placable and portable (hand carried, movable by forks or trailer based), add loading ramps/gates, shearing sheds, milking stations etc.

If the animal is on your owned land and can reach those items, they can use them.

Make the dog useful, by letting us use it to herd animals, either ones that have escaped our land, or to move into a different fenced paddock (through gates that turn on and off their "collision" when closed or open) or even to move them to manual milking parlours, to loading ramps when we want to sell them etc.

Have dairy cows that go dry and need to be put in a paddock with a bull so they can calve and produce milk again.

Don't have manure auto generate in a heap, have it appear in sheds where the farmer has to muck it out and place it into a heap.

Once you dive into it, there is a huge range of improvements that can be made to animals.

Like healthcare. Real world farmers would love to know how the animals in game NEVER get worms or parasites, never have hoof issues etc.

In game, a simple crush (narrow fenced walkway with an arm that grabs an animals head) and some containers of generic "worming agent" that you need to apply one a year, or more often if you don't muck out the sheds) is a basic mechanic that improves realism so much.

Just like adding stones to fields, it's very small, but at the same time it's huge.
bobh_slo

Rail Crossing Sign w/audio

Post by bobh_slo »

Idea: Pack of rail crossing placeables

0 sign only
0 sign + flasher + bells sound
0 sign + flasher + gate + bells sound

With and without grade crossing.

All to include train warning horn: two long, one short, one long that is triggered when the train is coming. Last long note should be "bent" as the engine goes by.
NewHollandLegend

Post by NewHollandLegend »

Animals are a huge disappointment as is seasons. Not enough thought was put in literally at all. It’s so dry. 😂 Don’t get me started on Ai helpers which hasn’t changed since I started playing on FS15. It needs a complete overhaul. Implement workers that work for you full time so it’s not as simple as clicking a button on a field and off they go. They show up to work at a certain time and perform tasks to the best of their ability considering their skill level for the specific task. Maybe preplan their weeks work schedule. North American Farmer had something like this in their game and would fail tasks depending on their skill level. Cmon giants! Step your game up. Not having any competition helps them put out a mediocre game honestly. 🍻
The_Silent_One

Post by The_Silent_One »

I think I've had every version of Farm Sim released on PC. I feel like the game keeps improving and FS22 is really good. The biggest feature that I would like to see implemented is a better breakdown on Finances. For some people, this is a serious business sim, but then we're let down by lack of financial breakdown. There are too many things that get grouped and so I can't tell how much I spent on certain items. How much did I spend on landscaping last year? No idea. How much did I spend on Lime last year? How much did I spend on granular fertilizer? Can't tell unless I only use one product for the whole year. I'd also like to see a leasing breakdown of downpayment vs monthly/daily charges.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I would like to see the ability to turn information off on the price sheet. I’m not growing grapes, olives, potatoes, sugar, beets I don’t wanna see the price or have to scroll through everything to get down to what I want to see.
And the banking information I would love to see it broke down a little more specific as well. You borrowed money fot this tractor X and you’re still owing this $ amount.
Dpk172

Post by Dpk172 »

I would like to see a kinda towing system for vehicles and picking up stuff like in snowrunner.
The possibility of towing trucks or tractors would do the job for me. Even as a watering feature for the fields. That would be a nice addition.
FeldwebelNL

Post by FeldwebelNL »

katze114 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:36 pm 4. maybe a watering feature, that you have to water the fields if it gets too dry - with pumps and water hoses
THIS. And Wopster's manure system implemented in the base game. I'm done with transporting water/manure/fuel through thin air.
That's why I refuse to play FS22.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I guess I’m not that picky, or something. I like the game as it is. Yes, I see some issues, but I’ve never seen a game without them, especially if there is a big mod base. Are there things I’d like? Yes, but they’re probably not what most people want. I want smaller things like farm cats and goats and more hand tools or horse drawn tools (now, that one, I suspect would be more than a small thing). I’d like a “go back” save…meaning more than one save so I could go back and fix the mess I made one save further back than one. What can I say…I mess up a lot and, once in a while, I liked what I had done two sessions ago better. Overall, I’m pretty content.
bench_007

Post by bench_007 »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:42 pm I’d like a “go back” save…meaning more than one save so I could go back and fix the mess I made one save further back than one. What can I say…I mess up a lot and, once in a while, I liked what I had done two sessions ago better.
If you play on PC you might wanna take a look at the "savegameBackup" folder. It contains some backups from all your savegames. It's not ideal as you can lose a lot of progress, but its something.
CircusMaster

Post by CircusMaster »

I’m new to the forum so I apologize if posting here is in the wrong place. Please feel free to copy and paste to the correct thread.

I have 2 mod request. Request #1 is to feature the manufacturer Great Lakes Trailer. http://www.greatlakesmfg.com/ I know the game has several wood trailers most are ok-good. I believe there is room for improvement. A increase in stability for loaded trailers. I think that the addition of a Maufacture specializing in raw forest transport would be welcomed by many players. Specifically there aluminum crib style trailers in various axle combinations. Tandem, Tripple axle, Spread, Duels or Super Singles, Lift axles. Ect. The sky is the limit for top tier wood trailers. Console usable.

Request #2. Fix the Firewood Processor so it can be used on consoles if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for anyone who acts or helps with these requests.