Please Start the Engine First (prompt removal) [PC]

W1der

Please Start the Engine First (prompt removal) [PC]

Post by W1der »

Hey guys ...

Any one of you know a way to get rid of this "Please Start The Engine First" prompt?

I get it that if it is the very first time you play the game that this can be a somewhat useful hint ... but ... I have seen it 100 000 times by now and I really don´t need to see it any more ... (wish I didn´t have to see it) ... :lol:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Bobble2020

Re: Please Start the Engine First (prompt removal) [PC]

Post by Bobble2020 »

No idea as i have never seen that
W1der

Post by W1der »

Because you have the automatic start of the engine selected?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

I rarely have seen it, maybe 10 times.(only when I forgot to start the vehicle). And I don't have automatic engine on selected.

The fix is: start the engine before you try to do anything 😁

Not trying to be a smart*ss, but just a tip: whenever you hop in the tractor, to drive it or to use the implement behind it(empty trailer, unfolding something) just get used to start the tractor first.
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

If you have an analog device for steering with a 0 deadzone it will display the message everytime you enter a vehicle. There is a really small area where the wheel is at zero position so the game thinks you are turning it. If you play with a console controller or keyboard and mouse you probably won't see this message.

You can turn it off with the Engine Starter mod i think.

- Engine Starting and Quick Start alerts can be turned on or off

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
W1der

Post by W1der »

I have tried the "Engine Starter mod" ... and it worked for this purpose but gave me other issues ... so I removed it.

But thanks ... :hi:

As I do have a steering wheel I see this prompt as soon as I enter a vehicle where the engine isn´t turned on.
I could probable have lived with it if it wasn´t flashing all over the screen ... :lol:
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

W1der wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:47 pm I have tried the "Engine Starter mod" ... and it worked for this purpose but gave me other issues ... so I removed it.

But thanks ... :hi:

As I do have a steering wheel I see this prompt as soon as I enter a vehicle where the engine isn´t turned on.
I could probable have lived with it if it wasn´t flashing all over the screen ... :lol:
So it register a movement on the wheel/throttle. (I suspect the throttle, as the game thinks you wanna drive off but it won't let you, hence the message)
Try to raise up your deadzone on the wheel/throttle, click by click. I suspect the game then won't pick it up at a certain point and the message will disappear.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Thank´s for the input Mesocyclone

This isn´t really a sollution for my "issue" as I want my deadzones exactly where they are ... (otherwise it will effect my "game play").

It isn´t exactly game breaking ... just annoying. :coolnew:
Hopefully an option to turn this prompt off will come with future versions of the game or some other mod that has extended options included ... :smileynew:
KevinMn

Post by KevinMn »

Oohh yes, I see it all the time as well, also have a wheel with deadzone of 0. It's extremely annoying.