Any chance that GIANTS will possibly include ford vehicles into FS22?, i do hope so in the hope that GIANTS adds ford

UncleRico

Re: Any chance that GIANTS will possibly include ford vehicles into FS22?, i do hope so in the hope that GIANTS adds for

Post by UncleRico »

I wouldn’t get your hopes up, it’s kind of a dead brand in limbo with a company that doesn’t seem to have plans to use it. Outside of an extremely ambitious modder trying to get approval I can’t see it coming via giants.
DEERE317

Re: Any chance that GIANTS will possibly include ford vehicles into FS22?, i do hope so in the hope that GIANTS adds for

Post by DEERE317 »

Not sure how Ford is a dead brand…
Unless a modder gets licensing permission (has happened, the Bobcat 863 on consoles for 17 comes to mind) but is rare and modders usually just label them as Lizard instead. If it was to be from GIANTS it’d probably (almost certainly) be a paid DLC or just added in a later version. If they’d even bother/want licensing for a pickup model in a tractor driving game.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:54 am Not sure how Ford is a dead brand…
Unless a modder gets licensing permission (has happened, the Bobcat 863 on consoles for 17 comes to mind) but is rare and modders usually just label them as Lizard instead. If it was to be from GIANTS it’d probably (almost certainly) be a paid DLC or just added in a later version. If they’d even bother/want licensing for a pickup model in a tractor driving game.
Dead like this thread which was changed/stuff removed and now is out of context
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Ah, makes sense
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Guil

Post by Guil »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:54 am Not sure how Ford is a dead brand…
They didn't get any licence, they chanced their arm and Giants added it in the hope that no legal challenge would come
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Are you sure? I thought that was one where the modder got the license somehow
Playing on PC and PS4
Guil

Post by Guil »

99% certain and I even spoke to someone from Giants about it at the time
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I would’ve sworn that’s the story I heard about it, but who knows.
Guil

Post by Guil »

ARM team had lots of branded mods on console that were not in game
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Maybe, would’ve sworn I heard they went and got licensing/permission from Bobcat for it. But I remember that that was years ago and probably a Dj video so there’s plenty of room for error.
WyattB_RHEC

Post by WyattB_RHEC »

I had been hoping they might, so that, for consoles, like some people on PC, we could have ford trucks etc, i have been hoping some modder would make a 90's ford truck that can be configured to 150 250 or 350, i know one modder has made a ford for consoles like on FS19, and i had been hoping for an older model, like a 90's to be made
Budthespud

Post by Budthespud »

Would love to have a L9000 for my farm.