controller not working (FS22)

scott6518

controller not working (FS22)

Post by scott6518 »

I accidently unplugged my controller while playing and now my controller doesnt work. ive tried verifying the game files, uninstall reinstall and turning it off and back on in the settings. it works when i skip the cut scenes when i open the game but after that no buttons work. i have tested my controller on other games and it works just fine so it is definitely the game. anyone that can suggest anything to fix it would be appreciated i just want to get back to farming
W1der

Re: controller not working (FS22)

Post by W1der »

Delete the "inputbinding.xm"l file in the gamefolder ... (the game will create a new one with default settings if this file is missing) ... that might fix your problem.
Best practice is to always crate a cope of any file you delete like this (before you delete it).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Brando_1311

Post by Brando_1311 »

Wondering if there is still any issues for others on this? My controller used to work fine. I haven't played the game for a while and just recently started again. It shows my controller is detected, and when I start the game I'm able to skip the loading screens with my controller, but nothing else. As soon as it gets to the menu it starts working.

I've tried deleting the input files as suggested, and have tried everything I can find online, but still no luck. The other day it started to work randomly but has stopped again. When I push a button on the controller, I can see the keys on the screen sort of change as it knows I'm not using the keyboard, but it doesn't show which keys to press. The suggested keys for the keyboard controls disappear, but then it is blank with no suggested keys.

Does anybody have any suggestions for a fix for this?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Are the keybindings still assigned in your keybinding settings?
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
XiniX

Post by XiniX »

Which controller do you use? If it is not a Xbox controller, you might using the wrong input mode (Direct Input (Dinput)).
FS22 uses Xinput mode.
I assume you play on PC as you can delete/change FS22 files.
Check your controller manual for how to change input mode (if it is not a xbox controller)
FS19: Macbook
FS22: Mac mini M1
FS14, FS16, FS18, FS20: iPad

Log.txt, how to post?
Images, how to post?
Brando_1311

Post by Brando_1311 »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:50 pm Are the keybindings still assigned in your keybinding settings?
Sort of? It seems like they are but they aren't assigned properly for some reason? As an example, the key bindings for moving around (front, back, side to side) were listed as "x axis" or something? I clicked on each one and assigned new bindings using the left joystick, and when I went in game, I was then able to move using the controller. Tested this with a few things like looking around, jumping, etc and it seems to be working.

My issue now...is I'm wondering if there is any way to replace a keybinding file to change all of this for me? It is going to take FOREVER to try and assign new bindings for my controller for all of the controls, as I will need to do this for all mod controls as well, and I also haven't found a spot yet for changing they keybindings for menu controls...?
Brando_1311

Post by Brando_1311 »

XiniX wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:21 am Which controller do you use? If it is not a Xbox controller, you might using the wrong input mode (Direct Input (Dinput)).
FS22 uses Xinput mode.
I assume you play on PC as you can delete/change FS22 files.
Check your controller manual for how to change input mode (if it is not a xbox controller)
I am using an Xbox controller! I've used both Xbox and ps5 to see if it was one not working...but I'd prefer to us my Xbox controller which is what I used to use. So been trying what I can with that. Not really having any luck 🤷‍♂️
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Hmmm..is it possible to reset to default in the keybinding menu? I'm not sure if you have other bindings that would change or if it would only change them for the controller
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Brando_1311

Post by Brando_1311 »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:28 pm Hmmm..is it possible to reset to default in the keybinding menu? I'm not sure if you have other bindings that would change or if it would only change them for the controller
I tried that already too! Lol. Also tried deleting the "input binding xml" file or whatever it was called and then started the game, which apparently re-creates the file with the default bindings? But still no luck.

I've also emailed GIANTS support with a bug issue going over this. Said I would get a reply within a day but haven't gotten anything... very frustrating! Haha
XiniX

Post by XiniX »

So your input mode is fine as xbox controllers use always Xinput mode

Maybe a previous post of me in an other thread can help you with your axis configuration
viewtopic.php?p=1556516#p1556516

I use also a xbox controller on my Mac M1. If your controller PID is the same as mine you can try my inputdevice file. For these files it does not matter if you are on PC or Mac.

Log.txt, how to post?
Images, how to post?
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Brando_1311 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:31 pm
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:28 pm Hmmm..is it possible to reset to default in the keybinding menu? I'm not sure if you have other bindings that would change or if it would only change them for the controller
I tried that already too! Lol. Also tried deleting the "input binding xml" file or whatever it was called and then started the game, which apparently re-creates the file with the default bindings? But still no luck.
Since it looks like you are playing on either Windows or macOS it would be helpful if you could post the log.txt file of the game (see the link "log.txt" in my signature) so that others can get a better idea about your setup (for example to see the exact model of your controller and if it is really detected correctly by the game).
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

Did you buy FS22 from steam? If you did, you can go through the steam settings to check to if the Xbox controller is being used.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

The new GameSir T4 Khalid Game controller with magnetic stick control I tried loading the game with it and most of it works but the buttons that work the menus do not work so I cannot get it to scroll through the different menus. Do you know if there's anything I need to do to get it to see the menus?
tommieiv

Post by tommieiv »

I am having the same issue. I am playing on a OneXPlayer 2. I can skip the title screen and video... Once I'm at the title screen I have no controls with the joysticks. Using the touch screen I can get into the game and once I'm in game I can move and look around but I can't navigate any of the in-game menus... FS22 recognizes the joysticks because I can adjust the sensitivity in the menu but I just can't navigate the menus.
XiniX

Post by XiniX »

j_maybury wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:32 pm The new GameSir T4 Khalid Game controller with magnetic stick control I tried loading the game with it and most of it works but the buttons that work the menus do not work so I cannot get it to scroll through the different menus. Do you know if there's anything I need to do to get it to see the menus?
I assume you are on PC/Mac.
Open the inputbinding.xml file with a text editor (same folder as log.txt) and search for the "locked inputs" section.
There you should find the inputbindings that are not visible/editable in the ingame key binding menu.

Log.txt, how to post?
Images, how to post?