Map Modding Resource - Farmstead Layout

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
cburgess

Map Modding Resource - Farmstead Layout

Post by cburgess »

I'd like to offer the FS22 community a resource that I find helpful to better emulate RL farming in FS22 as an enhancement to general gameplay and especially useful for map mods.

In RL farming, I have found a book series that has been really helpful as farms transition away from industrial agriculture back to a more holistic way of profitable farming. Even though seemingly outdated, these were in use on my family's farm as a practical guide for general farming. This book series is free through Google Books in PDF or EPUB format, and there are 4 volumes in the series. An example is found in Volume 3 Part 5; Farm Buildings and Their Equipment, page 309 shows the functional layout of a farmstead for general farming. I use this as a reference when setting up my farmsteads in FS22.

I am working on some map mods for general farming using a generic terrain profile of the Midwest USA, and will be setting up starting farms using the info from this series so that the layout of the farmsteads will be more realistic. Not that in the images below, the "General Movement Yard" or "Street" is approx 50 feet wide:

or

Farm Knowledge by Seymour; 4 volumes; for Sears, Roebuck, and Co
https://www.google.com/search?q=farm+kn ... 2&dpr=1.25