Help with Train Traffic Blocker Warning:

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
ajFarmer

Help with Train Traffic Blocker Warning:

Post by ajFarmer »

I am in the process of finishing up Griffin Indiana 22 and I have the follow Warning in the log I am trying to fix. I scoured through Elmcreek xmls and i3d and everything appears to be identical. I am pulling my hair out trying to clear log warning. I do have traffic spline going across tracks at the blocker and they drive through when arm is down. I read on another forum to comment out Traffic Blocker lines in the trainsystem.xml but I know that's not the proper way to fix it . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Warning: Unable to find spline for traffic blocker (placeable.trainSystem.railroadCrossings.railroadCrossing(0).trafficBlockers.blocker(0)) trafficBlockingPosition at -16.8 106.1 421.5
Warning: Unable to find spline for traffic blocker (placeable.trainSystem.railroadCrossings.railroadCrossing(0).trafficBlockers.blocker(1)) trafficBlockingPosition at -13.7 106.1 432.3
Bonger76

Re: Help with Train Traffic Blocker Warning:

Post by Bonger76 »

go into your train .xml and in the <railroadCrossings> section where you crossings are look something like this below and if you dont have A traffic spline that crosses through that crossing you get this warning whith the <trafficBlockers>section thier the game is looking for the spline so if you don't have A spline remove or block this part and if you do A spline thier then your <trafficBlocker node needs to be over the
traffic spline is.Hope this helps

<railroadCrossing rootNode="0>5">
<activation startDistance="400" endDistance="200" />
<gates>
<gate node="0>5|0|0" startRot="0 0 0" endRot="90 0 0" duration="4" closingOffset="2" />
<gate node="0>5|1|0" startRot="0 0 0" endRot="90 0 0" duration="4" closingOffset="2"/>
</gates>
<trafficBlockers>
<trafficBlocker node="0>5|0|1" />
<trafficBlocker node="0>5|1|1" />
</trafficBlockers>
<signals>
<signal node="0>5|0|2|0" alternatingLights="true" />
<signal node="0>5|1|2|0" alternatingLights="true" />
</signals>
<sounds>
<crossing template="TRAIN_CROSSING_BELL_01" linkNode="0>5" />
</sounds>
</railroadCrossing>
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Fix for my Warning:
This error is called from the trafficSytem.lau

My traffic Spline's Transformations XYZ were not Zeroed, I also had the spline's Y Rotation rotated 90deg.
To remedy this after creating spline use Edit/Freeze Transformations Function to Zero. Also do not rotate spline.
You should do this for every traffic spline on the map
If you must rotate spline use the following method below as described by TheSuBBie

Splines can be rotated when adjusting for positioning but must be freeze transformed before doing any further alignment.
To avoid any problem with this do the following--Create the spline select the 'S' cv and delete it, this effectively puts the splines 'S' cv at the splines center (rotation at 0), Then create the rest of the spline using only the 'E' cv
This also applies when using the terrain height/paint/place scripts

Many thanks to TheSuBBie for pointing me in the right direction.
dougw133

Post by dougw133 »

Thumbs up. This was my issue with the blocker and my only rotated spline...