Missing train cars?

Gugernoot215

Missing train cars?

Post by Gugernoot215 »

I'm on Silverrun Forest and the log cars are missing from the train, not that I need them.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
Gugernoot215

Re: Missing train cars?

Post by Gugernoot215 »

Update: only the flatbed is present I am concerned that it may not remain.
Sinclaircool

Post by Sinclaircool »

Gugernoot215 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:44 pm Update: only the flatbed is present I am concerned that it may not remain.
What platform are you on? If on PC may be a third party mod conflict? If on console may also be a mod conflict
Don't leak mods
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Just tested this with the latest version of FS22 for macOS (1.10.1.1) and there the train has all cars on Siverrun Forrest:
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
NowHeresRoy

Post by NowHeresRoy »

don_apple wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:56 pm Just tested this with the latest version of FS22 for macOS (1.10.1.1) and there the train has all cars on Siverrun Forrest:
Wow, after all these years don_apple is still hard at it helping folks on the forum 😊
Always good to see a familiar face from FS13 ❤️
PC User
TEXAS USA
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

Sinclaircool wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:53 pm
Gugernoot215 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:44 pm Update: only the flatbed is present I am concerned that it may not remain.
What platform are you on? If on PC may be a third party mod conflict? If on console may also be a mod conflict
I wouldn't think so as all the train cars where present at the start of the save and progressively disappeared starting with the log bunks.
Now I think it would just take some xml editing to fix the problem.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

I would start with checking the log.txt file of the game after attempting to load the savegame. Maybe it shows some errors or warnings that give an indication why the train cars don't appear.

It could also be the there is something broken in your game installation and it might be necessary to reinstall the game to get the missing pieces back.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

I'm playing Zielonka and am having the same problem again, While I procrastinate on finding the problem What line of code in the save Can I edit to customize/restore the train?
Also The problem probably occurs on a session that i'm not using the train so the log has bean rewritten by the time I notice.
NDDan

Post by NDDan »

Gugernoot215 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:15 am I'm playing Zielonka and am having the same problem again, While I procrastinate on finding the problem What line of code in the save Can I edit to customize/restore the train?
Also The problem probably occurs on a session that i'm not using the train so the log has bean rewritten by the time I notice.
vehicles.xml.

First, make a copy of this file in case you screw it up. You don’t want to lose all your vehicles.

Then I would start a new save on the same map. Find and copy the train engine and cars from vehicles.xml in the new save. Make sure you get the complete set of lines. Paste them into the vehicles file in your existing save. It doesn’t matter where as long as you’re between the opening and closing tags and not breaking the code of another vehicle. And delete what’s left of the train in your existing file. Again, make sure you get the whole line of code, from “<“ to “/>”. I haven’t tried this exactly, but I’ve done enough similar things to assume it will work.
There’s no place like utopia.
Guil

Post by Guil »

If something is overwriting it ( which it mostly likely is ) then editing the file is pointless as you would have to continuously do it. Must be mod related
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

Guil wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:20 pm If something is overwriting it ( which it mostly likely is ) then editing the file is pointless as you would have to continuously do it. Must be mod related
Why would I be editing the log?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Who said anything about editing the log? It was clearly in relation to vehicles.xml

Some mod you have installed is interfering with trains across multiple maps/saves. The easiest way to try see which one is to post your log and let others see if anything stands out.
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

Sorry I inferred that you where talking about the log as you where talking about a file getting overwritten.

As I've said before the log gets overwritten every session, do by the time I notice the error probably doesn't show up.
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

I've tried to reset the train but all that did was give me back the woodchip wagon and attach my plough to it, also the loco goes missing.

I think I'm going to ignore the trains because whatever mod is causing the conflict I am using or have used and will use again.
Edit: Yes I believe I had the attachment IDs correct.
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

I think I'll just truck my finished goods to the sell trigger, as the pallets usually go flying when you have a lot as they sell slower than the train moves.