Slurry loading

oakchip

Slurry loading

Post by oakchip »

I have unusual problems with the slurry tanks at the Automatic Cow Shed, Which is, I believe, a built-in feature of FS22 - not a Mod. The cow shed is the 'automatic mix and feed' model with the robot feeder. It produces slurry fine (I now have 500,000 litres of the stuff!). But loading it into vehicles is erratic, to say the least. Sometimess it works normally and fully loads the vehicle. Sometimes it won't work at all, despite the 'controls' menu showing "Fill -R" on the menu. Also some vehicles show "press Left toggle" on the playstation control (though I am playing on a gaming PC I don't have room for a steering wheel). And sometimes the vehicle will fill with a few thousand litres and then stop for no apparent reason? I am playing on the Haut-Beylron map, and have several hundreds of hours of play on it. One of the best maps Giant have produced, IMHO. Anybody else experienced this problem? And found a solution?
oakchip

Re: Slurry loading

Post by oakchip »

After some experiment I have solved the problem. I had a "Liquid Manure Extension Tank Small" placed near the cow shed. It registered having 500,000 litres of slurry in it. BUT it wouldn't connect to the fill area of the cow shed. I'm not sure why, maybe it was not near enough or in the wrong place. Anyway, that's why sometimes the vehicles filled and sometimes not. I was using only the actual cow shed storage. Not the extension tank store. I will try more experiments. Maybe!