Offline Play

Bovrinox

Offline Play

Post by Bovrinox »

Can anyone tell me how to play this game offline with the Epic games version? Sometimes my internet is too bad (rural area) to be able to sign in to the quite frankly pathetic "epic" launcher, and it wont let me play the game. I want to be able to use a product I have paid good money for.
Drmattymd

Re: Offline Play

Post by Drmattymd »

Buy a version thats not on an online system
Playing on PC and PS4
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/ep ... 0251833499

I’m Not familiar with epic games but if you’re utilizing some sort of cloud storage for saves or mods or anything you’re not going to be able to play offline. Your situation is probably the only reason would recommend a direct from giants purchase. Steam has an offline mode but looks like it comes with a few catches as well.
Bovrinox

Post by Bovrinox »

Drmattymd wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:34 pm Buy a version thats not on an online system
do they even exist any more? not a helpful comment, tbh, but thanks anyway i guess
Bovrinox

Post by Bovrinox »

UncleRico wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:38 pm https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/ep ... 0251833499

I’m Not familiar with epic games but if you’re utilizing some sort of cloud storage for saves or mods or anything you’re not going to be able to play offline. Your situation is probably the only reason would recommend a direct from giants purchase. Steam has an offline mode but looks like it comes with a few catches as well.
I always disable cloud storage for save games. The epic browser even has a check box in the settings to allow offline play, supposedly. Its absolutely useless the epic launcher, I have no idea why I bought it on there. probably on sale or something. The check box doesn't work btw, it still requires logging in. At this point, downloading it from "other sources" seems the best option. Get all the dlc then too...