US versions of equipment?

YaNor420

US versions of equipment?

Post by YaNor420 »

Tl;Dr: Where's the Murica stuff?

I know this is a German game, with mostly EU styled equipment. Mods for the most part should take care of my desire for more US styled equipment (although, even the mods can be hit or miss for US equipment on Xbox one [decent sized tedder anyone?]). Some of the base game tractors have an option to switch between EU and US specs, but they aren't truly US. For example, there's a medium John Deere, among several other tractor sizes and brands (not at home, can't recall the models) that allows you to switch to US styling, and it does change the warning signs and weights, sometimes the steps and exhaust, even the quick hitch, but not the dual wheels? Still has those metal rods clinging to the outer wheels. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen those in the US (from Florida to Michigan, and everywhere in between). Also, why isn't the option to switch stylings available on all tractors that could be found in either the US or EU in real life? Also also, why not the same for the equipment? I'd love to use some base game equipment without the red and white striped warning signs.

Barring any changes to existing products (seems unlikely to happen), can we get some more US styled equipment mods for console? I'm still using an Xbox One, so maybe some of my complaints are null and void if I were to upgrade to Series X/S or PS5?
Playing on Xbox One cause I'm old and broke.
fenixguy

Re: US versions of equipment?

Post by fenixguy »

It's just Giants being Giants. I've always been annoyed by this. Every tractor should have every option available. They at least moved a step in the right direction with 22. In past games, it was EU-spec or nothing. I can live with the red/white striped signs on equipment, I see those regularly in western NC on Krone and Claas branded stuff as well as some others.

As far as mods go, there are a multitude of US-spec mods available for all platforms. There is no difference in mod availability between Xbox One and X/S. Custom Modding, Julian F. Modding, SIID, Karlfarms, Casearias, JHHG, and 82 Studios are the "big ones" when it comes to US-spec stuff. There are many others.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
YaNor420

Post by YaNor420 »

Yeah, I've been using most of those guys mods, and really enjoy them. I suppose at this point I'm just nitpicking lol. I don't think I've ever seen Krone in my travels, and only Claas tractors, so I guess I never noticed any of the EU warning signs. You telling me about them helps me overcome the immersion break I've been feeling. Thanks for your comment.
Playing on Xbox One cause I'm old and broke.
Newholme_Farm

Post by Newholme_Farm »

Most of the combines have US spec variations. They all tend to have Dual Wheel options and I've never seen a combine running Duals in Europe.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:56 pm It's just Giants being Giants. I've always been annoyed by this. Every tractor should have every option available. They at least moved a step in the right direction with 22. In past games, it was EU-spec or nothing. I can live with the red/white striped signs on equipment, I see those regularly in western NC on Krone and Claas branded stuff as well as some others.

As far as mods go, there are a multitude of US-spec mods available for all platforms. There is no difference in mod availability between Xbox One and X/S. Custom Modding, Julian F. Modding, SIID, Karlfarms, Casearias, JHHG, and 82 Studios are the "big ones" when it comes to US-spec stuff. There are many others.
Each Manufacturer has different regional divisions within them and within them you need a license per tractor
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

eric21 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:00 pm Each Manufacturer has different regional divisions within them and within them you need a license per tractor
This license issue hasn't stopped any of the above mentioned modders from taking the base game tractors and adding tire/wheel options or even adding models not already in-game.

I truly do not believe Giants need a separate license to put hub-mounted duals and remove caution signs on a video game tractor model.

But I'm no lawyer.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!