Weird prices Premium Edition

Lexie

Weird prices Premium Edition

Post by Lexie »

Giants announced today the release of the Premium Edition for Farming Simulator 22. Looking at the prices in the Xbox Store, it's only EUR 49,99, exactly the same as the Platinum Edition at this moment. The Premium Edition includes Season Pass 1 and 2 plus basegame.
Only Season Pass 2 costs already 39,99, so for EUR 10,00 more you get basegame plus Season Pass 1.

So if you buyed basegame plus Season Pass 1, plus Season Pass 2 separate it's costs you 119,97, the whole package in the Premium Edition cost you EUR 69,98 less. This means if you did support Giants, buyed the game on release, buyed both Season Passes on release, you payed EUR 69,98 more. This feels not right in my opinion, to be honest this feels like a knife in the back for the supporters of Giants. If you own only the base game, it's cheaper to buy the whole game again as Premium Edition, then both Season Passes separate.

How are you opinions about this, I understand there will be a discount if you buy a completer package, but the price for the Premium Edition feels way off compared to the separate game plus Season Passes.
Last edited by Lexie on Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Totenfarmer

Re: Weird prices Premium Edition

Post by Totenfarmer »

I'm not sure I understand this, if you bought season pass isn't the premium edition included in this ?
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Yes it's included, but only Season Pass 2 is already 39,99, the Premium Edition (complete game including all DLC) is 49,99
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

by the time the premium edition comes out, the game will be two years old. it is common to discount older games and bundle them with dlcs. the advantage of paying the higher price for the base game and season passes and/or dlcs is getting to enjoy the content as it is released.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

As I mentioned, I understand there will be a discount, but there are 3 DLC's not released yet and this price is so low compared to the separate packages. You can pre-order the Premium Edition already, and normally you get direct access to everything released yet.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

This only means there is no season 3 and game is like 2 years old for time it will release, so everybody going to wait FS25 or something.
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

IceUul wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:16 pm This only means there is no season 3 and game is like 2 years old for time it will release, so everybody going to wait FS25 or something.
Probably if they are following their streak, though FS22 arrived later than the previous ones. But it can still live a long time after the premium release. We haven't had the modcontest either as with earlier games, maybe FS22 won't have one.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

A wild guess, by the end of 2024 we will see FS25, so after the release of the premium DLC the game wil live 1 year more.
JonasKaizer

Post by JonasKaizer »

Lexie wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:03 pm As I mentioned, I understand there will be a discount, but there are 3 DLC's not released yet and this price is so low compared to the separate packages. You can pre-order the Premium Edition already, and normally you get direct access to everything released yet.
I don't understand, do you wish the price was higher?
I think it's a pretty common practice to offer old dlc's in a bundle with the newer.
It will probably be the same for the next Fs. But I will still by the dlc when they release and enjoy them for a longer time :mrgreen:
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

If you look the edition is on offer , It could well go up to full price again before too long , Common market strategy to offer a discount for people pre ordering the complete package when some of it wont be released until the end of the year . Giants also know the majority of their fan base will already have everything already released so trying to get more new players . Much like EA who are now giving out the Sim 4 base game for free to try and tempt more players
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

JonasKaizer wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:35 pm
Lexie wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:03 pm As I mentioned, I understand there will be a discount, but there are 3 DLC's not released yet and this price is so low compared to the separate packages. You can pre-order the Premium Edition already, and normally you get direct access to everything released yet.
I don't understand, do you wish the price was higher?
I think it's a pretty common practice to offer old dlc's in a bundle with the newer.
It will probably be the same for the next Fs. But I will still by the dlc when they release and enjoy them for a longer time :mrgreen:
Season Pass year 2 is 39,99, the game with every DLC included (Premium Edition) is only 49,99. Year 2 are not older DLC, 3 of the 5 DLC's are not released yet. Until now, on Xbox store none of the DLC's had a discount yet, so the price of 49,99 for the Premium Edition does not feel fair for owners of base game or owners of Season Pass(es). I think 89,99 is a more fair price for the Premium Edition and will not upset people not owning a Season Pass.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Bobble2020 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:48 pm If you look the edition is on offer , It could well go up to full price again before too long , Common market strategy to offer a discount for people pre ordering the complete package when some of it wont be released until the end of the year . Giants also know the majority of their fan base will already have everything already released so trying to get more new players . Much like EA who are now giving out the Sim 4 base game for free to try and tempt more players
There is no discount on the Xbox Store for the Premium Edition (EUR 49,99), there is no discount for the Premium Edition for PC on the Giants website (EUR 39,99), On Giants website you only get 5% discount on the Premium Expansion, a whopping 1 Euro. Buying now a Season Pass for EUR 39,99 feels so wrong. On Giants website, the Premium Edition and Season Pass 2 do have the same price.... it's just stupid.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

It's not stupid though, as a product gets older, it will get cheaper. This is the same for everything. You pay a premium for getting stuff right away
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Urinal2001 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:49 pm It's not stupid though, as a product gets older, it will get cheaper. This is the same for everything. You pay a premium for getting stuff right away
As mentioned, 3 of the 5 DLC's from season 2 are not yet released, so you cannot speak about old. If a complete edition has the same price as only Season Pass 2, for wich people are still waiting to get the products included, it's just a middlefinger to eveyone who did buy Season Pass 2.
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

The base game itself isn't worth much anymore. First, the technology is older than the hills. Second, it's free on game pass, three, everyone who wanted 22 has already got it.
So, they're basically expecting people to pay a heavy price for a relatively small DLC.
I expect them to announce a new version once the sales from this new premium edition drop off.
If people were willing to support Giants by pre-purchasing all this stuff sight unseen, then it doesn't matter what the price is.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.