Premium Expansion - Thoughts?

IceUul

Premium Expansion - Thoughts?

Post by IceUul »

So what you guys are thinking about this?

Zielonka map - they call it Central Europe map, it looks like Eastern Europe for me, Poland perhaps, but since
Giants don't want to reveal locations so much, it can be whatever you want it to be. Even Ukraine!

New Crops - pretty good choice, I really waited for carrots, red beet is also good choice for this map. No thoughts about parsnip.

Machinery - 35 pieces and plus... feels a little bit low.
Turbojugend

Re: Premium Expansion - Thoughts?

Post by Turbojugend »

My first thought is that it looks good but I'm a bit confused between Platinum, Premium, Season 1, Season 2, etc. If I currently own only the base game, does Season Pass 1 and 2 cover everything else including Premium?
heyimbill.com
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Turbojugend wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:59 pm does Season Pass 1 and 2 cover everything else including Premium?
Yes, Season Pass 2 will cover Premium Expansion. Premium Edition is just discounted version of FS22 for newcomers.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Zielonka definitely sounds Polish and pretty much everyone in YT comments was calling it Polish map. Poland and rest of V4 countries are in Central Europe and people from these countries can get really upset if you call them Eastern European(especially Western Slavs). I know people from Western Europe/West love to call every former Eastern bloc country Eastern European, but let's leave it at that, this is not a forum about politics.
Anyway back to the map, most surprising for me were wooden houses. I had no idea something like that existed in Poland.
Machines : some of them are interesting, some of them already feel tiny, we will see.
Crops : carrots are good choice, pretty common crop. I am surprised there is no onion. I am surprised about parsnip, mainly coz they added it instead of parsley. Red beet is my least favorite veggie, so I don't care about it lol.
Overall : well they will reveal more, but it seems there will be 1 or 2 DLC before it. I also noticed some reused buildings from Sosnovka.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

IceUul wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:43 pm So what you guys are thinking about this?

Zielonka map - they call it Central Europe map, it looks like Eastern Europe for me, Poland perhaps, but since
Giants don't want to reveal locations so much, it can be whatever you want it to be. Even Ukraine!

New Crops - pretty good choice, I really waited for carrots, red beet is also good choice for this map. No thoughts about parsnip.

Machinery - 35 pieces and plus... feels a little bit low.
I don't think Giants knows what countries central europe consits of, their home country, Switzerland, is in central europe.
Looking at the images the only countries I can imagine with my limited knowledge is Ukraine, Belarus or russia. To me it doesn't look like Poland, though I have never been there but have seen images and movies etc.
It looks great from the images though, but I agree they should call it eastern european, it's not Germany, Switzerland or Austria.
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

@Arrancar88: I wouldn't put my faith in various videos, I remember Estancia Lapacho was called a mexican map..
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Totenfarmer wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:31 pm @Arrancar88: I wouldn't put my faith in various videos, I remember Estancia Lapacho was called a mexican map..
Apparently it's in Eastern Poland so it might resemble Ukraine, also Poland is quite flat. People were saying Giants kinda overdid it with Wooden buildings and other things, apparently it's like going 20 years in the past lol. Overall it's probably a mix of things, but map is definitely Polish. Central European thing is a key. Nobody would call Ukraine Central Europe.
But I get where you are coming from. Seeing soil color in Estancia Lapacho was quite a shock for average European.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

About brands, what might come with these:
Grimme - harvesters and root crop equipment
Dewulf - root crop harvesters
Agrio - sprayers
Gorenc - plows and cultivators
WIFO - subsoilers and front loader equipment
Bednar - seeders and cultivators
Fiat - classic tractors
Kverneland - vegetable planters
SaMASZ - tedders, rakes and mowers

Most intersting brands are Dewulf and Grimme, which will bring mostly new machinery for new crops.

Gorenc is Slovenian brand, SaMASZ is Poland brand, Agrio and Bednar are Czech brands.
Rest are already known western Europe brands.
Last edited by IceUul on Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

This map looks Polish for me, except wooden building, there are not so much of them in Poland. Church and fences and other
buildings are definitely Polish style.
Before we divided Europe to 4 parts: South, East, North and West. But since seems now some former eastern
Europe countries like Poland does not want to part of the Eastern Europe (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus), then now
we need to add one more Europe part called central..... just my thoughts.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It's based on several European countries, Poland is one of them, another could be Slovenia or Czechia
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Arrancar88 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:14 pm Crops : carrots are good choice, pretty common crop. I am surprised there is no onion. I am surprised about parsnip, mainly coz they added it instead of parsley. Red beet is my least favorite veggie, so I don't care about it lol.
I was just thinking same, where are the onions. If they wanted to add all Poland popular crops, which are not already in the game. Then the list would be triticale, carrots and onions. Red Beet (beetroot) is also quite popular crop in this area, they have lot of dishes with this.
Parsnip is weird choice...
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

Arrancar88 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:47 pm
Totenfarmer wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:31 pm @Arrancar88: I wouldn't put my faith in various videos, I remember Estancia Lapacho was called a mexican map..
Apparently it's in Eastern Poland so it might resemble Ukraine, also Poland is quite flat. People were saying Giants kinda overdid it with Wooden buildings and other things, apparently it's like going 20 years in the past lol. Overall it's probably a mix of things, but map is definitely Polish. Central European thing is a key. Nobody would call Ukraine Central Europe.
But I get where you are coming from. Seeing soil color in Estancia Lapacho was quite a shock for average European.
The shock was that it was mostly americans that called it a mexican map, some guy told me that to some americans everything south of the border was Mexico :p

You might be right in that is actually Poland, maybe the wooden buildings isn't accurate for today, but they look so good on the images so for my part they are very welcome. Personally I have always liked Giants approach at making maps, not all of them have been equally succesfull but their idea is that it is put together of several areas where they try to catch the essence of each area and put together as one map, I like this approach because it's easier to role play when you have a general proximity as opposed to a real area. The only exception during my time playing the game would be Sosnovka which is modelled after a real city in the Russia.
Elizeo

Post by Elizeo »

Hello everyone!

I'm from Poland and this map is clearly in Poland. This can be seen on the sign "stacja benzynowa", which means "gas station" in Polish. Moreover, we have many towns named "Zielonka" or "Zielonki".

However, the buildings on the map are much less modern than those in contemporary Poland. The map looks to me set in the realities of the nineties or even the eighties. Okay, maybe we don't have the most beautiful architecture, farmers also often have a mess in their backyards, but it's definitely more colorful and modern here than on this map. So if someone wants to play very realistically, I think he should use Ursus and Zetor tractors, Bizon harvesters, Autosan trailers and other machines popular in Poland in the 80s and 90s. Modern machines on such a map will look a bit strange.

Long, narrow fields are realistic. This is characteristic especially for the southern part of Poland, which before World War I belonged to Austria-Hungary. Sometimes we say they are tie-shaped fields. But the borders between fields are far too wide. A Polish farmer would plow most of them. Fun fact: three of most famous Polish movies are about two families who had a fight over the border between their fields.

I also thought that the Giants might have made a Polish map because it might look a bit like Ukraine. You know: Giants as Swiss are neutral, so not Ukraine. But Poland is pretty close.

What I think I like the most of the whole DLC? Storks ;) and carrots. I'd love to see other vegetables as well - maybe cabbage or cucumbers. Or new cereals - rye would be perfect for Poland. And the main thing - why not onions? Poles will know what I mean. ;) Anyway, thanks for the red beet. :D However, I realize that adding new crops is closely related to the machines that can harvest them.

By the way, I would also like to have new animals in the game - there are still many species to be added. Ducks, geese, rabbits, maybe goats... And above all, if there is a dog, why not a cat? Giants, shame on you!

Please forgive me for such a long post to greet you. ;) I've been browsing the forum for a long time. I've been playing Farming since issue 19.

Enjoy playing while waiting for the Premium Edition!

P.S. The geographical center of Europe is probably in Poland, or in Belarus, or possibly in Lithuania. ;)
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

I don't know bout y'all, but I am thoroughly impressed with my AGI pack purchase......
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Totenfarmer wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:40 pm
The shock was that it was mostly americans that called it a mexican map, some guy told me that to some americans everything south of the border was Mexico :p
I didn’t realize someone was keeping track…

As for the expansion it looks like it’s got something to it for a change. It’s not up my alley besides the carrots peak my interest a bit. That said it’s a dlc I can get behind for some actual content, not just really small haying equipment for baling a meadow on a mountain.