American Falls by Lancyboi

Lord Nighthawk

American Falls by Lancyboi

Post by Lord Nighthawk »

Hi there,

more a question combined with a ..... problem report?
Downloaded the map and ..... looks pretty so far, like the look. But even on my Core I5-12400f the performance goes under 50 fps and partial even lower. For compairson, every other map (every) has a stable 60fps on my system. I was curious and looked into the render stats and fell apart a bit - partial more then 5000 drawcalls and 50.000.000 polygons/vertices. Giants maps or other modmaps don´t normally exceed 2700 drawcalls and around 5-8.000.000 polygons. That means American Falls tries to render nearly double the drawcalls and 10x the vertices any other map has.

Now, i am not a critican or a mapper, more a technican for not to go into detail. For me it looks as if the trees on the map don´t use lod for some reason that means even trees in a far distance seem to be rendered on full detail resolution. I really like the overall look and division of the map and would like to use it but with this hardcore workload and low fps i can´t consider it playable.

Any ideas? Am i right, wrong?
Lord Nighthawk

Re: American Falls by Lancyboi

Post by Lord Nighthawk »

And now the map is gone from modhub ... again without mentioning why.

Whatever.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Acording to what i've seen, Lancyboi pulled it from the ,odhub due to feedback he didn't like
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Opteo

Post by Opteo »

Lancyboi had some kind of fit and pulled it cause people hurt his feelings