Horses, make them great again?

ZippeN_

Horses, make them great again?

Post by ZippeN_ »

Hello!

Lets face it. Horses in FS22 are boring, arent day?
In 19 they were much more fun and lucrative due to the daily payment you got, which made more modders let them be built in to their maps.

Is there a mod to make the same system as in 19?
Any other ideas on how to make horses fun again?

And yes, if you have more then two horses, the horsehelper mod is a must.
Eische

Re: Horses, make them great again?

Post by Eische »

Which daily payment are you talking about for FS19? Are you referring to a mod maybe?
In base game there was no daily payment. You took care of your horses and their values increased over the course of 10? days to a maximum of 50000? dollars per horse.
As far as I see, horses did not change from FS19 to FS22.

Not sure about the selling price in FS22, but in FS19 horses were really well payed given the amount of effort you had to spend. Yes, daily riding for about 5mins can be more boring as driving a tractor. But in the end you made much more money compared to traditional field work for the same amount of time.

And no. If you have more than 2 horses you do not need the horse helper mod. You just have to have fun riding horses.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Eische wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:39 pm Which daily payment are you talking about for FS19? Are you referring to a mod maybe?
In base game there was no daily payment. You took care of your horses and their values increased over the course of 10? days to a maximum of 50000? dollars per horse.
As far as I see, horses did not change from FS19 to FS22.

Not sure about the selling price in FS22, but in FS19 horses were really well payed given the amount of effort you had to spend. Yes, daily riding for about 5mins can be more boring as driving a tractor. But in the end you made much more money compared to traditional field work for the same amount of time.

And no. If you have more than 2 horses you do not need the horse helper mod. You just have to have fun riding horses.
Did you mean to write fifty thousand? Mine seem to stick at five thousand.

Ed.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

In 19 they were 50k in 22 they are only 5k....as soon as I can I sell the horse barn on any map play....they are horrible this year
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Decriptus wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:04 pm In 19 they were 50k in 22 they are only 5k....as soon as I can I sell the horse barn on any map play....they are horrible this year
I've tried to find a way to make them worth more -- my racing stud failed because of that!

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

You are thinking of the horses in FS19 seasons mod. Seasons in 19 also changed how livestock worked. For horses they were free to buy with the explanation that you were taking care of someone else's horse and received daily payments that varied depending on the health of the horse.
ZippeN_

Post by ZippeN_ »

Kimpak wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:35 pm You are thinking of the horses in FS19 seasons mod. Seasons in 19 also changed how livestock worked. For horses they were free to buy with the explanation that you were taking care of someone else's horse and received daily payments that varied depending on the health of the horse.
Ah yes, thank you. Really loved that system!
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Meh, horses aren't farmed, they are bred, so no interest from this virtual farmer. Never done the logging nonsense either.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

BoxTunnel wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:24 am Meh, horses aren't farmed, they are bred, so no interest from this virtual farmer. Never done the logging nonsense either.
Around where I live, there are no end of racing stables and and studs, one or two are sort of attached to farms. Some of the smaller ones are run by "her indoors" while the other half does the farming. I tried to do that on Greenlands but the £5k limit on sale price meant it wasn't worthwhile.

The logging thing seems to be cultural. Show Americans a map with trees and they are "I need to clear this land! Give me my chainsaw and truck!" whereas for me it's "Wow, those are hundreds of years old and probably have a preservation order on them." :biggrin2: