Map objects / collisons

Flemingfarms

Map objects / collisons

Post by Flemingfarms »

Hello,
This is intended for all current modders, as well as aspiring modders. And PLEASE do not take this personally. I am not attacking you, or trying to bash your hard work. When you are creating your maps please make all objects along the road ways passable. There are so many amazing maps out there that are very hard to farm due to the fact that you have collision objects that cannot be passed through, or removed. I have NEVER taken one of our combines, or plows onto one of our fields and had to negotiate street lights or wind generators. Please remember this when creating your maps. Adding decoration does make the map look good, but it also makes it harder to play on your map. Hedges, fences, concrete walls, stone walls, metal walls, and gates. For the love of all things holy MAKE THESE REMOVABLE BY LANDOWNERS!!!!!!! This is a H U G E turnoff for a lot of players. The map looks amazing! But when you have to sacrifice crop space to accommodate the objects bordering the fields.... We delete that map, give it one star, and move on to the next. And yes we do rate your maps. When adding your sale points, please remember the size of trailers, tractors, and semi equipment. Some of us really do not want to buy a small tractor/truck, and small trailer to make several trips to the sale point when one trip should do. The dealer where you buy your equipment. How are we supposed to get large equipment to our farms if you have a small lot SURROUNDED by other objects on the lot with walls, fences, buildings, cars, and small gates? Please make the dealership lot open with ZERO CARS, ZERO GATES, ZERO WALLS OR FENCING, ZERO OBJECTS. That is the first thing we look at when going on to a new map. If this is bad, we delete, give one star, and move on to the next map. Not every player wants to be a tiny farmer. There are some that would like to buy medium to large equipment.. Farm animals. I understand that having a pre existing farm is nice. You do not have to build one, and animals are already in place. The problem with this is you are allowed a certain number of animal pens on the map. In order to correct this, the player has to go and purchase all farms one at a time and delete or sale the animal pens. Please keep this in mind when creating your masterpiece. Terrain... It is hard for some players to build a farm is the terrain they have purchased is on a 45 degree sloped hill. The rolling hills of Tuscany, Ireland, and Norway are not needed on every single map. Make some flat areas to allow for easier building without spending hours with a terrain modifier to try smooth your farm buildings out. I know that this seems like a lot of complaining, but it really is not. I am just merely trying to bring issues that I, and others have experienced. We literally have 3 maps we choose from that we use on our server due to all of the above issues.
Bacon, Gunpowder, Coffee. and Morning dew
Lawma

Re: Map objects / collisons

Post by Lawma »

Or at the very least remove collisions in tight areas and or intersections. Ajfarmer did that on Griffin, made a world of difference especially with workers driving. Some of the other requests about cars at dealer and giving 1 star ratings a little excessive.
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

this is all personal preference. for example, i won't play on a map that is basically flat and open with no tight spaces and no details that make it look real. i know other people want exactly that. make the map you want to make and people with rate it how they want to rate it. modders and map makers are not running a business and don't have to try to please everyone. doing so is a good way to burn out.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

MIght I suggest that the OP creates his own map or improve his driving skills
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Yeah I also don't understand the terrain editing issues. Maybe stop trying to force the modders to make what you want and just spend a little more time with the editor I have 0 issues with it.
Flemingfarms

Post by Flemingfarms »

Lawma wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:53 pm Or at the very least remove collisions in tight areas and or intersections. Ajfarmer did that on Griffin, made a world of difference especially with workers driving. Some of the other requests about cars at dealer and giving 1 star ratings a little excessive.
Removing cars, fences, objects, and small gates at the dealership so you can get large equipment out excessive? I'm going to agree to disagree with you here. I do agree that removing collisions in tight areas and or intersections would make most of these maps a lot easier.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

There are already plenty of maps that are bare bones like your asking heck go play no man's land. You're basically putting out an all out requests that every map fits the same mold . and that some people who like challenging tight areas won't have what they want. I've been on maps that do not fit the bill for what I'm looking for but the last thing I feel I need To Do is go one and rate at 1 star.
Last edited by Lawma on Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flemingfarms

Post by Flemingfarms »

coleislazy wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:34 pm this is all personal preference. for example, i won't play on a map that is basically flat and open with no tight spaces and no details that make it look real. i know other people want exactly that. make the map you want to make and people with rate it how they want to rate it. modders and map makers are not running a business and don't have to try to please everyone. doing so is a good way to burn out.
I agree that there is a lot of players with different personal preferences, but the above stated has nothing to do with personal preference. Ease of use, and playability are a very big deal when playing. I too love realism, and prefer it to be as immersive as I can get it to be. But as someone who has spent the majority of his life on real farming equipment, in real fields.... I have yet to see a field that I have worked in real life where you couldn't work the field due to fencing, walls, or other objects that were in the way. Goto Nebraska, or Iowa and look for trees, windmills, fencing, and stone walls outlining the farmers fields. I have worked those fields in real life... Never been an issue. I have never been to a dealership to buy the combine, and other equipment at a place that did allow enough clearance to easily take your new purchase off of their lot. It's not about flat open maps with no tight spaces, and no details. It is about including all of these things on the map while at the same time remembering that you have to get a semi truck and trailer in there. Or being able to take large equipment through those area's. Bally Spring is probably the best example of what I am talking about. Absolutely beautiful map! And at the same time unrealistic to the equipment that you need to use.
Flemingfarms

Post by Flemingfarms »

TheSuBBie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:04 pm MIght I suggest that the OP creates his own map or improve his driving skills
I would love to make a map. I have never taken the time to learn how due to the fact that real life is just that.... real life. B U S Y lol. And my driving skills are on point bud.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

You're asking for a flavorfull dish with no seasonings doesn't make any sense
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Flemingfarms wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:56 pm Hello,
This is intended for all current modders, as well as aspiring modders. And PLEASE do not take this personally. I am not attacking you, or trying to bash your hard work. When you are creating your maps please make all objects along the road ways passable. There are so many amazing maps out there that are very hard to farm due to the fact that you have collision objects that cannot be passed through, or removed. I have NEVER taken one of our combines, or plows onto one of our fields and had to negotiate street lights or wind generators. Please remember this when creating your maps. Adding decoration does make the map look good, but it also makes it harder to play on your map. Hedges, fences, concrete walls, stone walls, metal walls, and gates. For the love of all things holy MAKE THESE REMOVABLE BY LANDOWNERS!!!!!!! This is a H U G E turnoff for a lot of players. The map looks amazing! But when you have to sacrifice crop space to accommodate the objects bordering the fields.... We delete that map, give it one star, and move on to the next. And yes we do rate your maps. When adding your sale points, please remember the size of trailers, tractors, and semi equipment. Some of us really do not want to buy a small tractor/truck, and small trailer to make several trips to the sale point when one trip should do. The dealer where you buy your equipment. How are we supposed to get large equipment to our farms if you have a small lot SURROUNDED by other objects on the lot with walls, fences, buildings, cars, and small gates? Please make the dealership lot open with ZERO CARS, ZERO GATES, ZERO WALLS OR FENCING, ZERO OBJECTS. That is the first thing we look at when going on to a new map. If this is bad, we delete, give one star, and move on to the next map. Not every player wants to be a tiny farmer. There are some that would like to buy medium to large equipment.. Farm animals. I understand that having a pre existing farm is nice. You do not have to build one, and animals are already in place. The problem with this is you are allowed a certain number of animal pens on the map. In order to correct this, the player has to go and purchase all farms one at a time and delete or sale the animal pens. Please keep this in mind when creating your masterpiece. Terrain... It is hard for some players to build a farm is the terrain they have purchased is on a 45 degree sloped hill. The rolling hills of Tuscany, Ireland, and Norway are not needed on every single map. Make some flat areas to allow for easier building without spending hours with a terrain modifier to try smooth your farm buildings out. I know that this seems like a lot of complaining, but it really is not. I am just merely trying to bring issues that I, and others have experienced. We literally have 3 maps we choose from that we use on our server due to all of the above issues.
First off, this is one of the best posts on here in quite a while. Like it seriously put a smile on my face. For the longest time reading it I couldn’t figure out if this was legit complaining about the dumbest things ever or satire. When I realized it was satire, I began applauding. Bravo! I mean BRAVO! Right? I forgot the strategic placement of caps to really give it that “sense” of entitlement that you were trying to project. And the use of “we” over and over again is pure genius. You give us a sense that there are so many of you that there is no possible way to ignore you, and still be a true player of the game. Thank you for this little gem of a post.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:03 am

First off, this is one of the best posts on here in quite a while. Like it seriously put a smile on my face. For the longest time reading it I couldn’t figure out if this was legit complaining about the dumbest things ever or satire. When I realized it was satire, I began applauding. Bravo! I mean BRAVO! Right? I forgot the strategic placement of caps to really give it that “sense” of entitlement that you were trying to project. And the use of “we” over and over again is pure genius. You give us a sense that there are so many of you that there is no possible way to ignore you, and still be a true player of the game. Thank you for this little gem of a post.
I don't know if you listen to podcasts, but you remind me of Kent on "True crime Kent" lol
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Many of the maps are modeled after a certain place that have those obstacles. I would suggest not playing those maps because they’re clearly not what you’re interested in. There’s plenty of large open maps with loads of details that look just like those wide open spaces do in real life. Basically you’ve bought a geo metro and are complaining they should have made it more roomy like a suburban, it’s nonsensical. I will admit though I have been critical of the way he reacted, lancyboi literally just quit because of ridiculous requests like this becoming overwhelming it probably needs to be said that mods are just user generated and they’re kind enough to share them with us. Even saying you mean no disrespect is not going to stop some people from interpreting that way or as an ungrateful request. It’s one thing to report bugs but a good rule of thumb is if a modder wants suggestions they’ll ask if they don’t, they probably don’t care.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Flemingfarms wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:14 pm
coleislazy wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:34 pm this is all personal preference. for example, i won't play on a map that is basically flat and open with no tight spaces and no details that make it look real. i know other people want exactly that. make the map you want to make and people with rate it how they want to rate it. modders and map makers are not running a business and don't have to try to please everyone. doing so is a good way to burn out.
I agree that there is a lot of players with different personal preferences, but the above stated has nothing to do with personal preference. Ease of use, and playability are a very big deal when playing. I too love realism, and prefer it to be as immersive as I can get it to be. But as someone who has spent the majority of his life on real farming equipment, in real fields.... I have yet to see a field that I have worked in real life where you couldn't work the field due to fencing, walls, or other objects that were in the way. Goto Nebraska, or Iowa and look for trees, windmills, fencing, and stone walls outlining the farmers fields. I have worked those fields in real life... Never been an issue. I have never been to a dealership to buy the combine, and other equipment at a place that did allow enough clearance to easily take your new purchase off of their lot. It's not about flat open maps with no tight spaces, and no details. It is about including all of these things on the map while at the same time remembering that you have to get a semi truck and trailer in there. Or being able to take large equipment through those area's. Bally Spring is probably the best example of what I am talking about. Absolutely beautiful map! And at the same time unrealistic to the equipment that you need to use.
My memory of Irish fields, lanes and gates are that they ARE that tight. You can get an artic down those roads, as long as you pick the right road, and know what you are doing -- and don't meet anyone coming the other way! I don't know about dealerships and dealer yards, they did look fairly open. I'm fairly sure the verges opposite the gates showed a lot of lorry tracks, when it's necessaryto swing wide to get in.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Flemingfarms

Post by Flemingfarms »

blue_painted wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:35 am
Flemingfarms wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:14 pm
My memory of Irish fields, lanes and gates are that they ARE that tight. You can get an artic down those roads, as long as you pick the right road, and know what you are doing -- and don't meet anyone coming the other way! I don't know about dealerships and dealer yards, they did look fairly open. I'm fairly sure the verges opposite the gates showed a lot of lorry tracks, when it's necessaryto swing wide to get in.
I really cannot speak to the farm land's in Europe, and I am sure that what you are saying 100% correct. I personally would be pulling my hair out if I had to drive tight lanes and gates. I would be constantly wondering when I would be meeting someone coming the other way lol.