American Falls

NowHeresRoy

Re: American Falls

Post by NowHeresRoy »

Well to me it is a shame. I have really enjoyed his maps over the years. Spent many an hour playing on them since FS15. Mostly the European maps just because that's my preference. While I don't agree with his actions, I am grateful for his work. I am sad to see him go and hope the best for him.
PC User
TEXAS USA
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I've always likes lancyboi since his Lone Oak Map came out on FS17. That was a good map based on a realistic location. That was like the top American Map for a long time. Stone Valley on FS19 was good. The Ohio map was also nice. Would have liked to see that on 21.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:39 pm I've always likes lancyboi since his Lone Oak Map came out on FS17. That was a good map based on a realistic location. That was like the top American Map for a long time. Stone Valley on FS19 was good. The Ohio map was also nice. Would have liked to see that on 21.
Lone Oak was BulletBill wasn't it?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Budster99

Post by Budster99 »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:39 pm I've always likes lancyboi since his Lone Oak Map came out on FS17. That was a good map based on a realistic location. That was like the top American Map for a long time. Stone Valley on FS19 was good. The Ohio map was also nice. Would have liked to see that on 21.
Lone Oak is Bulletbill not Lancyboi.
Lone Oak is definitely a top 5 map in the history of Farm Sim though.
Stone Valley is great as well however I actually liked Stone Valley from FS19 better than the FS22 version.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

eric21 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:38 pm He's officially gone reason by the abusive comments he got
Yeah and i don't blame him for leaving on those regards as yes i have seen the parts of the community but not all of the community have gotten more and more and more abusive as time has gone on and some of it even the mods have to take responsibility for as some started charging for their mods, or lashing out at people, or making mods private and such which didn't help the situation but again those are select mods that didn't help the situation not all, what lancyboi has done recently has blamed the whole community in its entirety as toxic and abusive which just isn't true either I haven't bashed him or attacked him in any way like even comes sloe to it.
No Lancyboi never did what a select few mods have done make a mod private but gloat to others how good it is and such or release a mod just to demand a forever amount of money from the community, but still those that have don't help on both sides of what has happened recently. But still the reasons he quite modding I don't blame him for but it the same time seems kind of of odd also when you say you quite cause of the abuse of the community which isn't a select members of the community yes he even brought up since the score didn't go the way he wanted it too was of theme for the mod and there is a reason why the score didn't move in a day but did for stone valley.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Did Lancy Convert lone oak for 19 or was that oxy
Bobbi-79

Post by Bobbi-79 »

Lawma

Post by Lawma »

I was thinking oxy did the lighting but now I think that was on stone valley was oxy lighting or sky. Speaking of, are all lancy mods pulled ? I tried looking up stone valley and it said error mod not found
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

I went home at lunch and took a look and couldn't find any of his mods in the modhub at all.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Taking the toys n gone home....A.M.F
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Before we go all in on the he was being abused angle I’m gonna post this just to clarify. This is the original post on his discord by his admin as the official response to people asking. No mention of abuse.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

On a basic human level, this is not a healthy mindset for Lancy to have. Prob best to neither cater or criticize at this point. The maps gone and apparently the other mods pulled. I say clean slate, move on and that's all I'm saying going forward regarding Lancy specifically.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

UncleRico wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:19 am Before we go all in on the he was being abused angle I’m gonna post this just to clarify. This is the original post on his discord by his admin as the official response to people asking. No mention of abuse.
This is he did claim abuse though in this channel earlier so yeah he did claim it with no proof on that all you have done nothing personal was just confirm that he got angry cause people didn't throw a 4 or 5 star at him for work then on release had bugs and errors, the people claiming they wanted this or that changed for their own use and such happens when you someone does od that release it so others might enjoy and you scream mod stealer instead of going ohhh wow that was cool make a note of that od something like that next time.
Now again I'm not attacking Lancyboi directly in anyway but actions of modders those that make mods for the game in the past screamed that all the time, and now they have to deal with players of the community making demands for what they would like mod wise due to theme screaming stealing mods and or things and comments on those lines. Now they have to deal with the consequences of that for players of the community making demands on theme.
Also 13 months of work is almost two years of solid work don't get me wrong that is hard not easy, then again, the map was released with bugs errors and problems that from what i can see and tell are super simple to fix and change same thing happened with Stone Valley was released has issues and errors was worked on and guess what the stars started coming in.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

Lawma wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:08 am On a basic human level, this is not a healthy mindset for Lancy to have. Prob best to neither cater or criticize at this point. The maps gone and apparently the other mods pulled. I say clean slate, move on and that's all I'm saying going forward regarding Lancy specifically.
A agree with htis health mind health body at the same time though there where things he also also said that where hurtful also and yet to have said sorry to the ones that wernt doing it i can see leaving as the community in General has gotten more toxic by those that are doing iit but not all in the community, SO hurt has gone both ways and words were said by both sides on this subject.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

The biggest lesson seems to be that people can be oblivious inconsiderate jerks and call it toxic or whatever you like. But the turning around and taking the exact same shot you feel that was taken at you at someone in your shoes is not doing anything but making it worse. Why take it out on someone who might be modding because they were a fan? That’s the toxicity in the community that is most prevalent. As far as actual abusive trolls go for every one there’s one hundred more people praising everything you do. If you can’t read between those lines it’s definitely time for a break. Now with the rating system if that’s what you’re in it for than use a little common sense, you can’t make stuff people don’t want and you might have to go the route of some other modders and ask for suggestions and feedback. But just like you’re going to make the map you want people are going to rate it how they feel. It’s the system, people want certain things and rate accordingly. Instead of making a fuss make the greatest damn square field flat map fs has ever saw and rake in the high ratings. Or keep doing what you’re doing and making your stuff, it might not rate as well as what’s popular at the moment but who cares. It’s like that vineyard pack that the modder quit after making. Absolute masterpiece, should be part of the base game and is the only reason I mess with grapes. But it had low downloads because most people didn’t care for grapes. There are plenty who appreciate the work but if you’re going to go looking for trouble you’ll find an asshole or two no matter what. Lastly as a community we shouldn’t be ok with this and begging them to stay while they slam other modders, that’s ridiculous. Those are the folks that are going to pick up the torch going forward and continue making content into the future, that’s who needs our support.