American Falls

Totenfarmer

Re: American Falls

Post by Totenfarmer »

UncleRico wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:48 am The biggest lesson seems to be that people can be oblivious inconsiderate jerks and call it toxic or whatever you like. But the turning around and taking the exact same shot you feel that was taken at you at someone in your shoes is not doing anything but making it worse. Why take it out on someone who might be modding because they were a fan? That’s the toxicity in the community that is most prevalent. As far as actual abusive trolls go for every one there’s one hundred more people praising everything you do. If you can’t read between those lines it’s definitely time for a break. Now with the rating system if that’s what you’re in it for than use a little common sense, you can’t make stuff people don’t want and you might have to go the route of some other modders and ask for suggestions and feedback. But just like you’re going to make the map you want people are going to rate it how they feel. It’s the system, people want certain things and rate accordingly. Instead of making a fuss make the greatest damn square field flat map fs has ever saw and rake in the high ratings. Or keep doing what you’re doing and making your stuff, it might not rate as well as what’s popular at the moment but who cares. It’s like that vineyard pack that the modder quit after making. Absolute masterpiece, should be part of the base game and is the only reason I mess with grapes. But it had low downloads because most people didn’t care for grapes. There are plenty who appreciate the work but if you’re going to go looking for trouble you’ll find an asshole or two no matter what. Lastly as a community we shouldn’t be ok with this and begging them to stay while they slam other modders, that’s ridiculous. Those are the folks that are going to pick up the torch going forward and continue making content into the future, that’s who needs our support.
First, I agree with everything you said. So there, now I have an excuse to quote your entire post just to extract what I am reeeeally wondering :p
You are talking about the vineyard pack on the Modhub right, since you mentioned the rating ? Or are you reffering to the one on Kingmods where you make actuall wine and other products and get residues ?
I am looking into starting with some grapes and am really just wondering which of the two I should choose.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Rico, spot on.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Removing everything is a poor show to the community. Those that will want Lancyboi's mods now have to run the gauntlet of dodgy 3rd party mod sites, which is bad form.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Totenfarmer wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:19 am
First, I agree with everything you said. So there, now I have an excuse to quote your entire post just to extract what I am reeeeally wondering :p
You are talking about the vineyard pack on the Modhub right, since you mentioned the rating ? Or are you reffering to the one on Kingmods where you make actuall wine and other products and get residues ?
I am looking into starting with some grapes and am really just wondering which of the two I should choose.
This one. https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
I love the pull behind harvester that I can hitch to all my small classic tractors that I have very little use for because I play larger maps.
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:21 am I have not, nor will I, read this entire thread!
From WHAT I have read, I get the following:
We have a modder who took ALOT of THEIR time to make something for US. Apparently, it didn't turn out the way some people would have hoped for or expect, and there might be some problems. I know for a fact that making a map involves so, so, so much. If YOU never tried it, YOU would never understand.
Instead of beating up on the person: Appreciate their effort, NICELY point out the problems and offer solutions- if you can.
If you're going to make something for public consumption, you need to be able to listen to the critics, and wade through the words. Some words will be well formed, some will be less pleasing. You should try to avoid public tantrums when you hear something negative.
If a modder is expecting their mod to be a perfect 5 stars, they are fooling themselves.
We all know that map making involves so, so, so much. If it didn't, then we'd all be doing it.

"Instead of beating up on the person: Appreciate their effort, NICELY point out the problems and offer solutions- if you can."
That is great advice, and should be followed by everyone.
Here is some for people who can't take criticism and resort to tantrums.
"Learn to listen to the constructive critics, and dismiss the ignorant critics".
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

JillAnnoyedFarmer wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:45 pm
BostonJohnny1226 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:21 am I have not, nor will I, read this entire thread!
We have a modder who took ALOT of THEIR time to make something for US. Apparently, it didn't turn out the way some people would have hoped for or expect, and there might be some problems. I know for a fact that making a map involves so, so, so much. If YOU never tried it, YOU would never understand.
Instead of beating up on the person: Appreciate their effort, NICELY point out the problems and offer solutions- if you can.
If you're going to make something for public consumption, you need to be able to listen to the critics, and wade through the words. Some words will be well formed, some will be less pleasing. You should try to avoid public tantrums when you hear something negative.
If a modder is expecting their mod to be a perfect 5 stars, they are fooling themselves.
We all know that map making involves so, so, so much. If it didn't, then we'd all be doing it.

"Instead of beating up on the person: Appreciate their effort, NICELY point out the problems and offer solutions- if you can."
"Learn to listen to the constructive critics, and dismiss the ignorant critics".
What I usually do if i find something wrong I just let them know and if I know how to fix it i let them know of a solution but again if I do let them know and they do a lash out and such I just stop and let the consequences begin. Is Modding maps easy no, but again bashing others over the map that didn't get good star rating isn't right either.
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

baltic1284 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:02 pm
JillAnnoyedFarmer wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:45 pm

What I usually do if i find something wrong I just let them know and if I know how to fix it i let them know of a solution but again if I do let them know and they do a lash out and such I just stop and let the consequences begin.
Is Modding maps easy no, but again bashing others over the map that didn't get good star rating isn't right either.
I agree totally. Some people have anger management issues.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

The map got good star ratings the problem was the abuse he got after he said he was going to fix them
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

eric21 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:05 pm The map got good star ratings the problem was the abuse he got after he said he was going to fix them
What simpleton bashes someone that agrees to fix a mod? Ffs. I don't recall seeing much that was heinous in here of at all. So discord, facebook?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Facebook, so he was aware of the bugs that people were experiencing and was going to fix them or was fixed but unfortunately these days people are inpatient. The map was based on American Map butz some people take mods too seriously
NWJ22

Post by NWJ22 »

A lot of psychiatrists in here.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Maybe we all slept at a Holiday Inn Express lol
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

I slept in the rusted out tlx 1982
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

DMZ Commander wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:33 am I slept in the rusted out tlx 1982
My dually beds getting thin. Might need a flatbed this spring lol
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Budster99 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:03 pm Lone Oak is definitely a top 5 map in the history of Farm Sim though.
One of my favorite maps in FS17/19. I still remember South Mountain Creamery by Blacksheep Modding.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Alma, Missouri: 140 Hours
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours