Crane Controls

prototilt

Crane Controls

Post by prototilt »

Crane and excavators controls is garbage in consols.i drive excavator in real life aand it would be much easier if controls would be like in real life.

Hear me devs...
b101uk

Re: Crane Controls

Post by b101uk »

If you operate 360 excavators IRL, then you should know that their are two main stick arrangements, ISO and SAE, ISO is the most common world wide, SAE is principally most common in North America, while for cranes most often they use so called piano controls if they are operated from the side of the vehicle, and either ISO or SAE if they have a kingpost or seated position.

if they had to pick one it would be ISO, as that is by far the most common two-stick arrangement, but to anyone who is use to SAE it would feel flipped\backwards.

as to what they actually use on consoles, I don't know, as I play on PC, so I can map controls to whatever I want, but whatever they pick on console from some "IRL standard" someone will be disappointed if consoles cannot re-map controls and are use to an opposing standard IRL.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
UncleRico

Re: Crane Controls

Post by UncleRico »

b101uk wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:05 am If you operate 360 excavators IRL, then you should know that their are two main stick arrangements, ISO and SAE, ISO is the most common world wide, SAE is principally most common in North America, while for cranes most often they use so called piano controls if they are operated from the side of the vehicle, and either ISO or SAE if they have a kingpost or seated position.

if they had to pick one it would be ISO, as that is by far the most common two-stick arrangement, but to anyone who is use to SAE it would feel flipped\backwards.

as to what they actually use on consoles, I don't know, as I play on PC, so I can map controls to whatever I want, but whatever they pick on console from some "IRL standard" someone will be disappointed if consoles cannot re-map controls and are use to an opposing standard IRL.
Pretty sure that’s hey used to use this mess of holding multiple buttons at least a couple games ago, it was very strange.