GIANTS: Steam - Premium Edition antics

Omez

GIANTS: Steam - Premium Edition antics

Post by Omez »

I have been a long time supporter of Giants and the farming simulator franchise, having all previous released titles on pc since 08 edition and most of the DLC throughout the years, not to mention getting others to buy and play the games. And while I was annoyed by how fs19 dlc was handled, when those of us that supported the developer and purchased the game and some DLC along the way as they were released got no bundle rebate on steam (for parts of bundle we already own), nothing come close to how you are treating your customers with the Platinum Edition stuff you are pulling this time around.

A new player getting into the game now can get the FS22 Premium edition, getting the base game and both season passes including platinum expansion for 40 Euro. This is a good deal, I'm not complaining about this, it's a fair price for this late in the game lifecycle.

But if I, with the base game, try to purchase Premium Edition on steam I get the following message:
Farming Simulator 22: Premium Edition
You already own some of the items in this bundle. This offer is only available when buying all items at the same time.

So, according to Steam and how you spesifically asked them to set the pricing..
Me wanting to get the full experience of FS22, having already paid 40 euro for the base when it came out, now have to pay 40 euro for year 1 season pass and 40 euro for year 2 pass, + 4 euro for the CLAAS pack. An additional 84 euro, a total of 124, instead of 40, just because I dared to buy the base game when it came out.

I get and agree on giving a bundle price for new players late to the game, giving a good value bundle price to entice them to the franchise.
But you can do so without shitting over your existing players and tell them to go buy everything at full price just because they had the gall to purchase the game when it came out and wait for dlc to release.

You price it as if you only have 2 types of customers, those that buy base game + season passes right as they come out (this is fine, they get content as it rolls out, ignoring the dlc outside of season pass issue), and those that buy into the game at the end of the game development, and only wants to because a heavy discount.

Sure I could try and buy Premium Edition as a gift and claim it for myself, again getting no value for my existing purchase of the base game.
But having to circumvent steam store just to get the bundle price is ridiculous, not to mention most people don't know how steam handles gifted bundles when you own an item in that bundle already, just having to gamble that it works.

At a minimum give me the option to buy the same editions as new players have, direct in Steam, there is no reason at all to lock that option from existing players.

But preferably let existing owned items be deducted from the bundle base cost, with the same bundle discount applied for remaining items.
Like EVERY other developer is doing!

Get your act together Giants!

I get that I'm most likely screaming into the void, but I for one is never going to buy a new FS game until the "final" premium bundle is out unless this changes, if at all. And I will be directly recommending noone anyone else do either, both in friends circles and elsewhere.

Edit: Looks like Giants just changed it and now the bundle does indeed remove already owned items from the list. Good on you Giants!
Edit2: Only changed for FS22, Fs19 premium edition still does not allow you to buy it for yourself, or reduce price for already owned items.
Last edited by Omez on Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Totenfarmer

Re: GIANTS: Steam - Premium Edition antics

Post by Totenfarmer »

Well said, and I agree it's really bad to actually punish faithfull customers. And sadly I think you are screaming into the void to, ever since Lars became community manager there has been no communication with the community whatsoever. I get that everyone can't be heard and replied to, but Giants are nowhere to be found even in the hottest topics.

I did buy the seasons pass after I bought the Hay and forage pack..speaking of..reporting bugs doesn't seem to do anything either, no reply and not assigned to annyone. Anyway I realise I have probably "lost" money on the purchase. Next time I will most likely just wait to see how they put together their bundles, I am quite happy with FS22 Platinum and can stay on Silverrun for a looong time.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

If you only have the basegame, Andorra a dlc or two, you can remove the game from steam, and then buy the premium edition. And still get it cheaper than buying the rest of the dlcs/season passes
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

But the player that waited didn’t get to play the game for the last two years. That’s what your extra money got you.
elgranjerou

Post by elgranjerou »

I'm a bit lost with all the "editions".
Does anyone know if anyone buys the Steam "FARMING SIMULATOR 22: PREMIUM EDITION" (https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/3 ... m_Edition/), the content that has already been released is already playable? or everything will be available only from November 14.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

All released items in the pack will be available

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

elgranjerou

Post by elgranjerou »

Noraf wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:35 am All released items in the pack will be available
thanks for your answer.
So, just to be sure, nothing of the "FARMING SIMULATOR 22: PREMIUM EDITION" (https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/3 ... m_Edition/), even the base game, is playable until 14 november?
Spardose

Post by Spardose »

No you can play the basegame and all dlc which are already released like the Horsch Dlc
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

you may find it is one of the peculiarities of Steam and nothing whatsoever to do with Giants, given via the Giants site you can buy either edition regardless of prior purchase.

I.E. Steam is just trying to stop you buying, as it sees it, needles duplicates for your own account, given generally you can only have ONE item of a given name.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

b101uk wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:49 am you may find it is one of the peculiarities of Steam and nothing whatsoever to do with Giants, given via the Giants site you can buy either edition regardless of prior purchase.

I.E. Steam is just trying to stop you buying, as it sees it, needles duplicates for your own account, given generally you can only have ONE item of a given name.
Never had any other problems like this on Steam. I bought plenty of other games in "premium" editions with DLCs even though i previously owned that title already. It will warn you but never trying to stop you.

Look at the EDIT of the first post and tell me it's Steam's fault!
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

elgranjerou wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:38 am
Noraf wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:35 am All released items in the pack will be available
thanks for your answer.
So, just to be sure, nothing of the "FARMING SIMULATOR 22: PREMIUM EDITION" (https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/3 ... m_Edition/), even the base game, is playable until 14 november?
No, you will get access to already released content when you buy the premium edition, and then you'll get the coming content as that releases

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Burekcina wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:29 am
b101uk wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:49 am you may find it is one of the peculiarities of Steam and nothing whatsoever to do with Giants, given via the Giants site you can buy either edition regardless of prior purchase.

Never had any other problems like this on Steam. I bought plenty of other games in "premium" editions with DLCs even though i previously owned that title already. It will warn you but never trying to stop you.

Look at the EDIT of the first post and tell me it's Steam's fault!
I have run into the problem no end of times over the past ~19 years of using steam since HL2 released.

Giants having to do workarounds because the peculiarities of the steam store when it comes to duplicates, dose not make its Giants fault per se.

you can only buy one item of something for your account that has the same steam ID, that is why sub-items you already own in packages must be removed unless the sub-item have a fundamentally different steam ID, even though they may be the same in all other respects.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
dimi

Post by dimi »

Unfortunately it seems like giants has changed it again so that people who already own the base game can't buy the premium edition for themselves, only as a gift. As someone who bought every version of the game and many DLC since FS15 i agree with the OP in that I am never going to buy a new FS game until the "final" premium bundle is out unless they change in back again so that people who own the basegame can buy the premium edition excluding de basegame.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

What you are after then is the premium expansion, not the edition

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

dimi

Post by dimi »

No that is not what I am after. I am after the bundle with the year 1 and 2 seasons passes AND the premium expansion. It also includes the base game. When they launched the bundle on steam it was not available for people who already owned the basegame. As you can read in the edits of the OP they later changed it to make it available to people who own the basegame and they excluded already owned items so you don't have to pay again for items you already own. But now unfortunately they changed it back to how it was before and you can only buy it as a gift, not for yourself.