Question, comment about seasons

SimulatedFarmer

Re: Question, comment about seasons

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Burekcina wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:28 pm They don't care. It is an arcade game, made into kind of a simulator only by modders.

Weather has no effects on farming BUT HEY...you have an IronMan costume now! Keep giving them money!
I think they DO care. I have done some basic coding and worked for years in It Administration. It’s not “push button”, there are a LOT of requests and there are limited numbers of employees. Patience pays.
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

I use seasons, but only because it's better nothing. It can't be compared to Realismus version at all, Giants version is just colour changes. I even knew before the game released that it wasn't going to be as good as Realismus, once they said "we have our take on seasons" I knew it was going to be bad..I have played their games since 2011 and have gotten used to their way of not doing anything properly..I mean rolling potatoes ?? Not even the rolling of fields feature were they able to see trough.
Sadly this has been their way of doing things all along and they don't take critisism either, they are not in these forums, they are not on Steam though they have their game there..so how could they even know what players want, except for one survey where they asked if we wanted real life ads in the game or not.

Look at how they implemented the game on consoles, I tried it on xbox game pass when I bought a console..I feel so sorry for console players..honestly..I couldn't change my input bindings nor could I change my steering wheel dead zone, there was no guide to button combinations, I had to resort to google for that. I now have a better understanding of why console players are angry all the time xD

Honestly I wouldn't be playing this game if I was restricted to console or if modders didn't make all their awesome scripts. FS is just a base that talented modders can build upon, that's the one positive thing that alone has kept me around for so many years.

Oh, with the exception of the Platinum expansion, that one was a home run for me.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

JillAnnoyedFarmer wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:13 am FS22 base game Seasons was a selling feature. Something to put in advertisements to sell the game. It is half heartedly implemented, like most of the other features in the game.
I think adding Giants version of seasons turned Realismus off from modding in their version, which made it easy to disable or enable depending on play style. So, I think Giants kicked themselves in the behind by adding it, just to include it in marketing campaigns.
I personally don't use seasons, so it doesn't impact me,
Except they never once said it would have Seasons, they said it would have seasonal cycles. People just assumed that it would be exactly like the mod. I for one said from the get-go way back when everybody whined about Giants not adding Seasons to basegame FS19 that if Giants were to do their own version it would be a disaster. And to my point, it seems I was correct.
Playing on PC and PS4
hofffarmer

Post by hofffarmer »

I agree. Have you tried Rain Pain on Modhub. It seems to help some.
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

For me the problem Giants have is that a big chunk of their player base come in and only have an hour or two each session and don't want to spend it sat there waiting for a certain month to come round to harvest crops or sow a field then sit for however many sessions it takes to build up enough money to buy more fields or get better equipment . They want to be doing things on their farm constantly and seeing progress .

To begin with I started playing it with seasons on and doing everything IE plowing , removing stones spreading lime and then steadily got more and more bored trying to progress until i then turned off some aspects and play it how i want . I lasted with precision farming for no more than two days until personally I didnt see any point to having it and removed it again
It would be interesting to see how many players would actually want it harder and more realistic . As with all forums most people come on to complain about something or ask how to do something while the majority hardly ever visit the forums . Giants will never be able to satisfy everybody all the time but for me this is still the best farming game available to play
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

I'm sure I read in guidelines to making mods that there is a balance between nitty gritty realism and simply having fun. Some people want realism and pain cranked up to 11, whereas others just want to dip their toes in and relax. Both approaches (and all the grey areas between) are fine, but it means someone will always be unhappy no matter how you design it.

Ideally, giving the players the choice through settings seems the best approach to me, though I guess Giants don't always think that way.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

hofffarmer wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:25 pm I agree. Have you tried Rain Pain on Modhub. It seems to help some.
Glad it helps! If you ever think of anything that I can do to improve it, let me know.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

It would be fantastic to see Giants come out with some kind of seasons DLC. If you want to download it and be realistic and that’s what you do. If you want to see the colours change and that’s it then you don’t bother with it.
I get that there are scripts to the previous two versions of seasons, but it was still put out.
I fear i would probably pay more than I should to get that kind of DLC
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:58 pm I think they DO care. I have done some basic coding and worked for years in It Administration. It’s not “push button”, there are a LOT of requests and there are limited numbers of employees. Patience pays.
Why do we get the same copy/paste game every few years? They do minimum improvements to be able to call it a new game. Most of those improvements come from modders, that made that improvement for the previous game.

We get recycled DLC's, with stuff that was free in the previous years but hey...again minimal effort and all of you jump on it like it is something fresh. And for the cherry on the cake...An IRON MAN SUIT??? Really? You spent resources on making an IRON MAN SUIT?? This is a priority? And you call this CARE?
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Burekcina wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:57 pm
SimulatedFarmer wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:58 pm I think they DO care. I have done some basic coding and worked for years in It Administration. It’s not “push button”, there are a LOT of requests and there are limited numbers of employees. Patience pays.
Why do we get the same copy/paste game every few years? They do minimum improvements to be able to call it a new game. Most of those improvements come from modders, that made that improvement for the previous game.

We get recycled DLC's, with stuff that was free in the previous years but hey...again minimal effort and all of you jump on it like it is something fresh. And for the cherry on the cake...An IRON MAN SUIT??? Really? You spent resources on making an IRON MAN SUIT?? This is a priority? And you call this CARE?
Hey.. You are free to not play the game, any day you would like *thumbsup*
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

JensChrDK wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:02 pm Hey.. You are free to not play the game, any day you would like *thumbsup*
And a typicall response without any depth. Glad you like paying for the same stuff every year. Some of us would like to see things improve over time.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Tried fs09 lately?
It sure have evolved since then......
And, it's true, you don't have to buy the new game when they release them, nor the dlcs.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Noraf wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:14 pm Tried fs09 lately?
And, it's true, you don't have to buy the new game when they release them, nor the dlcs.
He's right! It's amazing, there was a DLC or two that don't fit the way I play ... and I just didn't buy them!! Crazy or what!! Not only that, but there's loads of games that don't interest me or aren't made the way I want .... and I don't buy theose either!! And it works!! Who knew, right? :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

😆
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

Noraf wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:14 pm Tried fs09 lately?
Really? I don't have to buy the new game? Aww you Giants supporters always give the best answers. It's impossible to underestimate you. You could hide your own Easter eggs.

What is the improvement? Graphics are a little bit better (still 15 years behind every other title in the industry). Physics are the same, or were they even better in FS09... Fields are still basically a excell spreadsheet, no improvement here for almost 15 years.

For everything they "improved", we need a mod to fix what they improved.