What’s wrong with AI workers

Wolf Farming

What’s wrong with AI workers

Post by Wolf Farming »

Ok the AI workers have always been pretty bad but on 22 they seem even dimmer than before I mean if this was real world they would be sacked for the amount of mayhem and damage they cause they drive into rivers ditch’s and trees or into traffic thank god there’s no collision damage on vehicles in this game or insurance premiums otherwise I would be bankrupt in the first couple of hours of playing they don’t know left from right they regularly go over the same part they’ve already done or plow up a seeded field costing me money to reseed it and fuel as well sometimes it’s better to do it yourself rather than risk the AI destroying your hard work they seriously need an IQ increase and lessons on how to drive maybe a pair of left an right wellies as well
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere
Eische

Re: What’s wrong with AI workers

Post by Eische »

So you are intentionally avoiding all the known tipps to get the default AI helper do a pretty good job on most of the fields?

I'm not saying the default AI is perfect or does not need some good amount of attention by Giants. But in FS22 I feel like they can handle a lot more situations than in previous versions, if you keep certain rules in mind before sending them off.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

Eische wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:35 am So you are intentionally avoiding all the known tipps to get the default AI helper do a pretty good job on most of the fields?

I'm not saying the default AI is perfect or does not need some good amount of attention by Giants. But in FS22 I feel like they can handle a lot more situations than in previous versions, if you keep certain rules in mind before sending them off.
Lol no I use the ai workers when there's to many jobs to do no farmer with any common sense would even attempt to do everything by him or her self even in the real world one person doesn't do all the jobs on a farm if they did that they would still be planting spring crops in September and it doesn't matter what rules you use they still manage to plow the wrong field or go over the same part twice
Pc only
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Wolf Farming wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:58 pm
Eische wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:35 am So you are intentionally avoiding all the known tipps to get the default AI helper do a pretty good job on most of the fields?

Lol no I use the ai workers when there's to many jobs to do no farmer with any common sense would even attempt to do everything by him or her self even in the real world one person doesn't do all the jobs on a farm if they did that they would still be planting spring crops in September and it doesn't matter what rules you use they still manage to plow the wrong field or go over the same part twice
Do 3 headlands yourself, and then hire a worker. Make the area you want the hired help to work on, more square/rectangular, and then hire a worker. If you this, then I will (almost) guarantee that the helper will do a proper job.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

If you're on PC and still using the default AI instead of Courseplay & AutoDrive, you're doing it wrong.
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

ChiefScotty420 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:17 pm If you're on PC and still using the default AI instead of Courseplay & AutoDrive, you're doing it wrong.
I’m on ps5,
What the diff. Between the too?
And yes I’m aware it’s a PC only mod
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

Courseplay is supposedly better than the in game system but requires patience and time to setup I've never been able to get courseplay to work for me and I simply to don't have time to spend on it I'm lucky if I get an hour or two on fs22 as I'm busy with home and work

On a funnier story I'll never forgot on fs 17 sandy cove watching my ai worker drive off the edge of cliff it was like watching a car crash in slow motion I kept saying to myself it's going to stop as it closer and closer yeh he's stopping it must-have detected the edge surely nope it just vanished over the edge like Wiley coyote I didn't know wether to laugh or cry I think I did both my only regret was I never got it on capture It would have a pretty good meme 😂
Pc only
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

Wolf Farming wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:45 pm Courseplay is supposedly better than the in game system but requires patience and time to setup I've never been able to get courseplay to work for me and I simply to don't have time to spend on it I'm lucky if I get an hour or two on fs22 as I'm busy with home and work

Autodrive requires patience and time to set up (but is well worth it). Courseplay in '22 is vastly simplified, it's a few clicks to generate a course and go. Would likely save you time in the long run, since I bet you spend more time babysitting the default AI then it would take to learn Courseplay.

Beanbrother wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:35 pm
I’m on ps5,
I'm not sure if you're asking the difference between AD & CP, or the difference between AD/CP and the default AI. I'll answer both, since everyone who can should be using these.

Autodrive, once set up, allows the AI to drive to any point on the map autonomously. Courseplay handles the fieldwork and is vastly superior to default AI.

Some things I can do with AD & CP that the default AI can only dream of:

- run workers without them getting stuck every 5 seconds. It still happens from time to time, but is usually easily adjustable to work around problem spots

- fully automate a multi-combine harvest either direct off-field, or using auger wagons, while still being able to hop in and drive any vehicle I want.

- Select different patterns, or set up obstacle avoidance for fieldwork or harvesting. I can control how many headlands to make, whether to skip rows, automatically avoid obstacles like power poles, start on the interior or headland first, etc.

- Use CP to create a new field

- Start any vehicle/implement in the yard, have it drive to the field, do it's fieldwork and drive back to the farm without me touching it once.

- Automatically drive to a point and refill anything, drive back to the field and resume course where they left off

- There are many more, but this is too long already so I'll leave it at that.
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

No babysitting a very unwell four year old actually hence why I don't have time to play much
Pc only
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Beanbrother wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:35 pm
I’m on ps5,
Auto drive hauls, delivers, and drives on a user created course. Courseplay does field work and they’re made to work together ie a combine run by courseplay loading a grain cart run by auto drive loading trucks also run by auto drive hauling to a storage or sell point with the player able to take over whichever task they like. Courseplay is extremely simple by just driving to the field parking where you want them to start and hitting a button to open the course creation menu where you lay out some parameters like how many headland passes and which edge do you want the interior passes to follow. It’s extremely simple for most tasks and can also handle some pretty complicated tasks once you get the hang of it. For example I can run two potato windrowers side by side using the width and offset tool then save the course and have a lifter center up and follow the windrows while auto drive handles trucks. Usually I choose to run the lifter then and it’s pretty seamless. Far superior to the standard workers. Auto drive is a bit more difficult to learn and get right but once you understand where to set the points and how to connect the courses it’s quite simple as well. A five to ten minute YouTube video will teach you most everything you need to know to get started.
Ausfarms13

Post by Ausfarms13 »

Wolf Farming wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:10 am Ok the AI workers have always been pretty bad but on 22 they seem even dimmer than before I mean if this was real world they would be sacked for the amount of mayhem and damage they cause they drive into rivers ditch’s and trees or into traffic thank god there’s no collision damage on vehicles in this game or insurance premiums otherwise I would be bankrupt in the first couple of hours of playing they don’t know left from right they regularly go over the same part they’ve already done or plow up a seeded field costing me money to reseed it and fuel as well sometimes it’s better to do it yourself rather than risk the AI destroying your hard work they seriously need an IQ increase and lessons on how to drive maybe a pair of left an right wellies as well
    God yes right. I think they’re even worse with rtf stations somehow
    Like yesterday on a base map he went up one row and finished 🙄. Seriously
    wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

AI is staggeringly bad. Even if the field is completed, there are missed spots on the turnarounds, or whole rows not covered. Doesn't matter what the task is- spraying particularly bad, but seeding, rolling, mulching, even with good headland prep on rectangular fields you're going to be playing cleanup. I've tried with multiple RTK's and with none, no difference. Worker turns the wrong way and works the next field over- normal. Worker drives off the end of the field on to the tracks (and gets knocked into the wrong field by the train, then continues working)- normal. Worker won't complete an edge row where there are shadows from the trees- normal. Worker gets implement stuck in the fence- normal. Worker drives into any body of water- normal. Sensing a pattern?

Don't get me wrong- I love this game and have a stupid number of hours racked up, but 19 had the basic tech stuff sorted out a lot better.
    Old fat guy with a day job...
    Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

I’m glad it’s not just me that’s having issues with AI workers
    Pc only
    SavageCDN

Post by SavageCDN »

ChiefScotty420 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:17 pm If you're on PC and still using the default AI instead of Courseplay & AutoDrive, you're doing it wrong.
    This is the way.
    PC Player - CoursePlay addict
    Dorsai

Post by Dorsai »

Autodrive has the ability to setup a course from available road data should we not want to setup a road course manually. Will need to check all road intersections to determine that course is hooked together. Make sure to send a vehicle down the road network to see where vehicle goes. As for places we would want to go that is not part of road network that part will need to be created a loop with marker for unload/load point. Adjust marker as necessary to hit trigger. Have a pleasant day!
    Back in the day:
    Owner/operator L Lazy M Hereford Ranch
    Plays FS22 on a pc
    "Put on a cowboy hat lose your mind" :hi: