Next Farming Simulator Wishlist

JanSA

Re: Next Farming Simulator Wishlist

Post by JanSA »

Ashtooth wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:55 pm Although your list is long and ambitious, I have only one wish, finish/improve the existing functionality.
That is maybe the best wish. I thought Giants needed help with a bit of ideas but maybe they don't want any ideas.
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

No matter what people want extra on wishlists there will be just as many against those ideas , For me the only one i would want on your list would be better animal husbandry , IE the animals living out in fields unless it is winter rather than in some small compound attached to a shed . Maybe the ability to have a barn and then build a field as big as you want around it and the bigger the field the more cows you can have in it , Also the need to bring water to the animals rather than as it is now where its been dropped from the game
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Bobble2020 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:45 pm No matter what people want extra on wishlists there will be just as many against those ideas , For me the only one i would want on your list would be better animal husbandry , IE the animals living out in fields unless it is winter rather than in some small compound attached to a shed . Maybe the ability to have a barn and then build a field as big as you want around it and the bigger the field the more cows you can have in it , Also the need to bring water to the animals rather than as it is now where its been dropped from the game
You still bring water. It just depends on the pen. Barns are plumbed, pastures are not but that also depends on how the modders have set them up
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

JanSA wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:44 pm 2. Snowrunner like physics, I know this is a highly requested feature for the next game. It would be
amazing if you can get stuck in the mud if it rains a lot and being able to dig a hole on your land and
level your fields and all that sort of stuff but there should be a balance because it won’t be fun getting
stuck the whole time although it would be realistic sometimes. In real life tractor tracks can get pretty
deep and don’t usually disappear anytime soon, I would love to see this added to the next farm sim as
well.

The problem is, even with just 4 people Snowrunner dose not share the ground-state between players, and whenever it has been functional it has been disabled quickly after release by patch due to the network\bandwidth problems it could cause even with a system\engine highly optimised to ground deformation.

now imagine 16 players and implements affecting a wide swath of terrain, if you want everyone to experience how the terrain has changed after each pass, rather than cheat like Snowrunner et al and make it unique to each player based on their own past actions and not others.

As some of the Giants team have said in the past, they would very much like mudrunner (etc) like ground deformation, but only if they can get it to work reliably in a real-time 16 player MP environment.

and IF i recall, the notion of snow and piles relate to the attempts.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

b101uk wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:15 pm
JanSA wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:44 pm 2. Snowrunner like physics, I know this is a highly requested feature for the next game. It would be
amazing if you can get stuck in the mud if it rains a lot and being able to dig a hole on your land and
level your fields and all that sort of stuff but there should be a balance because it won’t be fun getting
stuck the whole time although it would be realistic sometimes. In real life tractor tracks can get pretty
deep and don’t usually disappear anytime soon, I would love to see this added to the next farm sim as
well.

The problem is, even with just 4 people Snowrunner dose not share the ground-state between players, and whenever it has been functional it has been disabled quickly after release by patch due to the network\bandwidth problems it could cause even with a system\engine highly optimised to ground deformation.

now imagine 16 players and implements affecting a wide swath of terrain, if you want everyone to experience how the terrain has changed after each pass, rather than cheat like Snowrunner et al and make it unique to each player based on their own past actions and not others.

As some of the Giants team have said in the past, they would very much like mudrunner (etc) like ground deformation, but only if they can get it to work reliably in a real-time 16 player MP environment.

and IF i recall, the notion of snow and piles relate to the attempts.
They'd be wise to make it available to single player and unavailable to multiplayer. Otherwise, it just sounds like an excuse not to put in the effort. Regardless, I don't care for the feature myself.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

blue_painted wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:11 pm Don't forget the people who just want to plonk down on the sofa at the end of the day and harvest wheat 365 days a year with no interference from Seasons or anything!

I'm not one of those myself, but I well remember the rage when "season cycles" meant that one has to wait for a crop to grow before harvest.
but we already have non-seasonal mode, a simple feature, untouched, people is lazy to use braincells...
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

alanarientiziech wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:57 am
blue_painted wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:11 pm Don't forget the people who just want to plonk down on the sofa at the end of the day and harvest wheat 365 days a year with no interference from Seasons or anything!

I'm not one of those myself, but I well remember the rage when "season cycles" meant that one has to wait for a crop to grow before harvest.
but we already have non-seasonal mode, a simple feature, untouched, people is lazy to use braincells...
I believe he's referring to the people who work for a living and use their braincells all day. When they get home, they want to turn off the braincells, and turn on a relaxing activity. Perhaps exhausted is a better description than lazy.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

And growth time isn't changeable in 22, quite a few have complained about that.

Giants did listen to (some of) us before launch of 22, and made it possible to change the number of days in the months.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Ashtooth wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:00 am

I believe he's referring to the people who work for a living and use their braincells all day. When they get home, they want to turn off the braincells, and turn on a relaxing activity. Perhaps exhausted is a better description than lazy.
I was really thinkng about the "Dead game no fun" post from a week after release.

I work for a living, and I like Seasons, so how does that fit in?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Noraf wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:56 pm And growth time isn't changeable in 22, quite a few have complained about that.

Giants did listen to (some of) us before launch of 22, and made it possible to change the number of days in the months.
I was very surprised -- and pleased -- when they turned that around, very close to release as I remember.

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

blue_painted wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:16 pm
I was very surprised -- and pleased -- when they turned that around, very close to release as I remember.
Agreed. Im pretty certain I may still be playing 19 if they hadn’t.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

blue_painted wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:15 pm
Also agree! I like farming large and have no problem getting an hour here or there to complete one or two small tasks. I currently have one field that I’m still in the process of combining after two play sessions.
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

I was really thinkng about the "Dead game no fun" post from a week after release.

I thought you were standing up for the players who just want a simple relaxing experience when they get home from work.
Of course, everyone has their own take on simple and relaxing.
Disclaimer:
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Ashtooth wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:28 pm

I thought you were standing up for the players who just want a simple relaxing experience when they get home from work.
Of course, everyone has their own take on simple and relaxing.
I thought I was pointing out that not everyone wants realistic farming and just wants to drive big machines instead.

olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

From a modders' perspective, I'd like to be allowed to tap into more of the hidden features of DLC maps. Or that they release these features under GDN or even better; make features part of the base game.
From Silverrun there are three things especially I'd like to have access to, and use in my two current maps. But I can't.. It's locked away behind the DLC file.
And I can't imagine having access to these functions would make the DLC sell any less, if that's the idea why it's not part of the basegame already.

Those features are;
- the new water with whitewater/foam shader
- correctly placed and working particle emitters on placeables (currently if you have a smoke emitter in a placeable the emitter will spawn at world space 0,0,0 and not where the placeable is placed). On silverrun the paper factory for instance has this working perfectly fine as far as I can tell.
- the pallet shop, as seen at the modern sawmill in Silverrun, where you as a player can enter the sawmill and buy prefab walls, planks and beams and so on from a intuitive and useful UI.

Whatever they plan for the future game, I really wish they will make these things part of the basegame. That will expand the map makers' options, no need to reinvent the wheel with custom scripts which automatically makes the map PC only.