Oxbo pack opinions and reactions

Lexie

Re: Oxbo pack opinions and reactions

Post by Lexie »

TheGazbeard wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:28 pm The new crops are very welcome (especially as they're all root crops giving us some additional variation from the grain and legume core focus), but ...

ANOTHER Central European map? Really? It's not as if the vanilla game doesn't have an imbalance of maps for that region (and still NO UK or South West France map - for the hedgerow and dyke field dividers, nor UK for the drive-on-the-left-side players).

Why not look outside your own back yard, devs?
How about a south or east African map with all the plantation crops that we daily import to Europe and the UK?
Or, a Southeast or East Asian map? Their farms and orchards are a lot more than just rice and coconuts - try papaya, mango, lychee in the orchards and pineapple, kale, cabbage, lettuce, potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash and greenhouse fruits in the fields. Inland fish and prawn farming is a huge industry out there. Dairy, Beef, Pork and even Crocodile and Ostrich farming is common out there too.
Maybe even a Caribbean map with a sugar cane and tropical fruit focus?
Or, a non-forestry Scandanavian farming map with challenging weather and terrain?
Or, a Middle East map with per-field multiple crops per year and a need for irrigation systems?

Anything but yet another Central European map - with so many Central and Eastern European maps in the vanilla lineup and modhub already, it really feels like you went for the laziest option when deciding on the map.
Because most players are from mainland Europe en US, so it's logical they go from maps from those areas. They tried a south american map, but I don't believe it was a huge succes. UK has the wrong side of the road problem as you mentioned, so tricky for a lot of players.
Asia has the same problem, Asian farmers are also using different brands as available now in FS, so it's not that easy.

Poeple like to play on maps they are more familiar with, so to be honest, no thanks to Asian, African and Caribbean maps.
But a good Scandinavian or UK map are welcome for me.
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

Lexie wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:07 am
Because most players are from mainland Europe en US, so it's logical they go from maps from those areas. They tried a south american map, but I don't believe it was a huge succes. UK has the wrong side of the road problem as you mentioned, so tricky for a lot of players.
Asia has the same problem, Asian farmers are also using different brands as available now in FS, so it's not that easy.

Poeple like to play on maps they are more familiar with, so to be honest, no thanks to Asian, African and Caribbean maps.
I don't believe Giants themselves have ever published a South American map - there are a couple of mod map makers who push out a couple of them per year.

UK is not "wrong side of the road" - it is the correct side of the road based on medieval and pre-medieval road usage and on-horse melee combat.

I am not personally familiar with more than the popular tv and movie filming locations in the USA and Canada, but I play on maps from those countries. Although I am British and now back in the UK for my retirement, I am very familiar with the Central American Isthmus, the Caribbean, and South East Asia - and would love to see maps for those regions as well as the others I mentioned in my previous post.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

TheGazbeard wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:42 am
Lexie wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:07 am

I don't believe Giants themselves have ever published a South American map - there are a couple of mod map makers who push out a couple of them per year.

UK is not "wrong side of the road" - it is the correct side of the road based on medieval and pre-medieval road usage and on-horse melee combat.

I am not personally familiar with more than the popular tv and movie filming locations in the USA and Canada, but I play on maps from those countries. Although I am British and now back in the UK for my retirement, I am very familiar with the Central American Isthmus, the Caribbean, and South East Asia - and would love to see maps for those regions as well as the others I mentioned in my previous post.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/dlc-d ... 17platinum
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Stone75

Post by Stone75 »

If they included the OXBO AT 4103 dry fertilizer body i might buy for US maps but otherwise its a pass.
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

I think the pack looks fine for the windrower and the grape harvester/sprayer, but I'm looking forward to the Premium Expansion much more.